Quick Prawn Balti

lilacwine

Serves 2

I think this is 8 pro point per recipe, so 4 per person but I'm hoping someone will tell me if I'm miles out with the calculation. I would really recommend this and we don't normally even need rice with this, but you could I'm sure.

2tbsp medium or balti curry paste
1/2 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
1tbsp mango chutney
4 ripe tomatoes, quartered
200g cooked and peeled king prawns, thawed
100g pack of baby spinach leaves

Place large non-stick frying pan or wok over low heat and mist with cooking oil. Add the curry paste and onion. Cook together over medium heat for 3 minutes stirring regularly until onion is softened.

Add mango chutney, tomatoes and 200ml cold water. Bring to a simmer. Leave to bubble for 4 mins, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes are soft but holding their shape and liquid has reduced by half.

Scatter over the prawns and spinach. Stir fry for 2-3 mins or until the prawns are hot and spinach are softened.

Enjoy!

Lovely recipe Lilacwine,

Many thanks,

CT

Do you think this would be ok if I substitute prawns fir chicken? Would you change abythig else about the recipe to enhance having chicken I'n it??

I haven't tried it with chicken but I would imagine that you could easily just substitute it. I don't think there is anything that makes the rest of it particular to prawns. Let me know if you try it.

Quick update I substituted the prawns for chicken , I kept it the same except I omitted the spinach and put a bit of pineapple I'n I also used a large beef tomato
It smells abs yummy diddly scrummy will post again tonight when it's been eaten x

Hi, new to the forum.
This sounds lovely. Think I might have it for my tea tonight though I prefer to use raw prawns not that it will make any difference to the pp. Just added it to my recipe builder on the ww online tools and it calcutes to 6pp per person. Still a nice low point meal though. My mouth is watering at the thought!

Thanks for pointing it on the website - we don't have access to those online facilities in the Channel Islands. Still nice and low though. Hope you enjoy.

Wow! That hit the spot!!
I'm not sure that the finished result was anything like the original recipe though?? I've not shopped yet so had to improvise. I only had a few cherry toms so used them but instead of adding water, I added half a tin of chopped tomatoes. I also had no spinach so used cauliflower, breaking the florets up very small and adding it at the start with the onion. I only made one serving as imindoors doesn't do curry but I think when I make it again I would probably remove half of the recipe before the prawns go in and freeze it for another time as there was such a lot.
I made a WW 60g serving of basmati rice to go with it but only used half of that due to the curry being so substantial. I have to say, I was very surprised at just how filling it is and can now see why you ate it on its own!

So, with a serving of cooked basmati rice left, any suggestions other than a cold rice salad with peas and spring onions thrown in?

Sounds like my recipe was just the basis for your own creation. I agree - I couldn't believe that you wouldn't need anything with it, but it's really filling. Still thinking about what you can do without the other portion of rice!

When I do it again, I'll be sticking to the recipe to see what difference there was. I wouldn't think there would be much other than being more tomatoey

I could just throw it into a no point soup at lunchtime to bulk it up (& count it of course!)
I hate to see waste

Back