quick question about my dog

hi paris. i'm going to get a rose bush, my neighbour got one when he dog died. it was called "sweet dreams". i'll but the small rock with his ashes in next to it on the front near the front door. he used to just lie there watching the world go by with not a care in the world. i wish i could just stop crying. i can't even sleep cause as soon as i go to bed i start blubbering. my face and eyes are all red and my heads hurting with all the crying. has any of your dogs passed away. my dad said when their two akitas died he cried for a couple of weeks.

thats a lovely idea , and in time when u see the roses blooming it will bring back happy thoughts .
Its perfectly fine to mourne the passing of a pet... and it does take time. Its the equivilant to loosing a child in my opinion .
Over the years we have had pets die
Tiger my cat ( i was 10) my brother knocked him down. Despite the vet tryin to fix him he died. Didnt speak to my brother for 3 months... his grave is still marked at home in the garden with a lovely tree which is very big now and there is a flower bed there too.

2 years ago I got a retired greyhound- not yet 2 years old. He was gorgious- lovely blue dog with big brown eyes. Real heartbreaker. After 3 weeks he started to drop in weight, brought him to the local vet. Was told there was nothing wrong with him. 1 week later he was still dropping weight., took him back to the vet. And it was discovered that he has a really fast heart rate. Vet wanted to put him down. I said no, want second opinion. Had an appointment to see vets in vetinery college to have an ecg done him.... he died the night before his appointment. Just the way things happen I guess.Still we did try our best for him and if he did require a pacemaker or something I would have got it for him, ( as long as he was not suffering) but he was not meant for this world. I assume someone had plans for him elsewhere.
He has his own little flower bed , with daffodils . And I say hi to him when Im passing it. Nothing wrong with that.
ITs very difficult not to get attached to ur pets. After woody died I decided that I would get another rescue .Paris is my old english sheep dog ( in the picture) she is a rescue and I LOVE HER to pieces. I do know that one day she will leave me and it will kill me. My world will fall apart on that day.I have been working from home for the past year and paris is my receptionist/administrator/tea buddy/smoking buddy /boss/security pooch. She even sleeps at the end of our bed. Which is no mean feat considering her larger figure. I chat to her constantly and we are the best of buddies- where u see one u see the other. I know some people might think that its a bit sad, but we have no children yet so she is fills that gap for me.And she is just the cutest , so ud have to made of stone not to love her.
I understand competely where u are , and how ur feeling. Life really is full of **** at times. It will get easier in time , but sometimes it makes u wonder what is it all for.
I do hope ur feeling better, love and hugs XXXXXXXXXXXX

soo sorry to hear that hunny, i hope you are feeling a little brighter about everything now, at least he is no longer in any discomfort

x

thank you both for your lind words. i know he's in a better place with all the other animals. i've been quite clam today until i've come on here and read everything. i should maybe stop reading it but i can't help myself. i've found myself coming in from work and opening the kitchen back door as if i would when he was here and saying hiya stinks (his pet name) i don't know what to do with his kennel and the sign that my mam made at the side of the house with his picture on. my dad made the kennel and said that someone would buy it but i don't know if i want someone to buy it. then i'm thinking should we get another do. i was a basket case walking round the pound at sadberge when we got him. i wanted to take them all home. but like you said paris when you sheep dog goes you won't know what to do. i keep saying i can't go through with it again. thanks again ..... on another note i've been back to my cambridge diet woman today to re-start as i've just picked all week. hopefully that will give me something to focus on.

thats great that ur headin back to ur diet plan and it will give ur something new to focus on. as they say time is a healer and if ur not ready to deal with the kennel yet then leave it for a while... who knows how u will feel in a few weeks.... u might be on here in a few months lookin for help with toilet training, ud never know.

best of luck with the diet- Ive heard cambridge is tough but if u can do it the results are great.. and fast. have u much to loose?

awww ive just read this thread,im so sorry for your loss.
dont rush into getting another dog yet,you need to greave for the dog you've lost, its like losing a member of your family it takes time for the tears to stop,remember all the good times you had with him.take care and ((((HUGS)))) for you

thanks just checked in again as like i said before reading all your thoughts made my cry ... but have been ok for the past few days. yep i think about him but i know he's in a better place now and free of illness. diet not going too bad paris.i've lost nearly 2 stone with it and plan to loose another 2 even 3 if i'm good. want to get down to 10 !/2 or 11 stone. (i'm 5' 5").. thank you all so much for my hugs n stuff.

ive just managed to volunteer to throw myself out of a plane to raise funds for the irish retired greyhound trust.... it was my idea so I only have myself to blame..." think of the pooches, think of the pooches"
Im afraid of heights !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so sorry to hear about your dog i have 2 dogs one is a rescue also and couldnt imagine how hard it would be to lose one..my thoughts go out to you and your family xx

thanks for that. i've been loads better although i kept thinking what we'd been doing 2 weeks ago etc when he was still about and fine really when i think about. the vet said it was a disease and that it's not detected early or something. got tears now thinking about him, kennel still in garden so i feel as if he's still here and theres a nice pic of him in our front room sitting all proud.
that's brill what you're doing paris have you got an on-line sponsor thing? my mates doing the race for life in a few weeks and she's got this sponsor thing where you put your details in. you will have to let me know how you get on. i did a bungi jump in 97 or round about then, mind you i only weighed 11 stone and i thought i was heavy then. i asked my partner to do a tandam one with me but he was in the army for 6 year and he said thats now once you've jum ped out of a plane so my hats off to you. good luck :)

Im organising it with the retired greyhound trust in ireland and our greyhound board. Very much still at the planning stages. Need to find some other volunteers to jump with me.
Not sure yet how Im going to manage the admin side of it , will have to out the thinking cap on this weekend to get a strategy so its doesnt go pear shaped on me !!!!
Still scare s*** less !!!
Glad to hear ur feeling abit better

just been reading you wee doggies diary/story im so sorry for your loss (a wee bit late ) i hope you are doing okay now and getting through it i don't know what i'd be like if it was my wee sam he's my baby he is a xross between a collie/alstation/and a lab he is gorgeous and i feel phisically sick every time i think of him being unwell/dying he is 3 in september but i will have had him 2 years then..........it is amazing how quickley they become part of the family i couldn't imagine him not being there ..........well enuff of my rambling hope you are getting better luv to all our pet lovers

hi samsmummy. i've been ok thanks, apart from reading this email again and now i'm blubbering :-( ............. acouple of weeks ago i got a rose called sweet dream and a new pot and put it in the garden along with his ashes (that's i'd got put into this pebble thing with a plaque on the top with his name on) sounds a bit trashey but it looks really nice, not to over the top if you know what i mean. when i water it i give the stone a little pat and say hiya to him. daft i know but i helps me as if he's still about. as for my diet lark it's all done belly up. i lost 7lb (2 stone in total) then my cdc went away and i thought i'd be ok, but cause i knew she was away i pigged out at work and i've just kept pigging. i'm going out next weekend with a load of mates so i was hoping to get down to 13 stone but i doubt it. it is a really good diet though with fast results, it's just i've got the breaking strain of a kit-kat when it comes to chocolate.. good luck and i'll keep an eye out on the cambridge page to see how you are doing. ph and thanks for asking about henry

Back