Quick question about slimmer of the week

Rara Lara

I Love Slimming World
Hey everyone, i was just wondering - if you are slimmer of the week and you don't stay for class are you still sotw or does it go to the person who lost the most who stays?
Thanks xx:confused:

Our SOTW certificate and sticker goes to the actual SOTW regardless of if they stay or not.

The basket is then raffled off if the SOTW hasn't stayed to group.

I dont think theres a strict rule but all the classes Ive been to if you dont stay you dont get the SOTW OR the fruit basket, it goes to the next person.

Our SOTW goes to whoever stays for class.

Im sure the one i went to before you had to stay to get it, the one i go to now they give it to them no matter if they stay or go, and the fruit gets raffled. I thought it would be more incentive to stay if you had to stay to get sotw lol
Im a bit fed up as i lost 4lb today, won sotw of the ones that stayed but someone lost 4.5lbs but didn't stay, so she won it anyways....my mate thought i was going to get it i was gutted haha i need some fruit, will have to go shopping now ;) xxx

At my group SOTW goes to the person who has lost the most and has stayed to group - If you're SOTW but haven't stayed, you don't get it.

Personally, I like that it works that way.

Our SOTW certificate and sticker goes to the actual SOTW regardless of if they stay or not.

The basket is then raffled off if the SOTW hasn't stayed to group.

this is how it works in our group too,

Just out of interest if the members are supplying the SOTW prize who gets the raffle money?

The consultant collects the raffle money in order to fund the raffle the following week.

For our group, the SOTW has to have stayed to image therapy and they get the fruit basket. The consultant usually raffles off the new magazine when a new one comes out. SOTW isn't always the person who lost the most in our group though... I've lost the most twice now, stayed to group and never got SOTW...I thought maybe it was cos it was my first and second WI's (which would be fair enough), but someone else got SOTW last night on her second WI after STS last week?! Confused.com!!

Ho hum...maybe one week I'll get SOTW!!...I'm just happy to get my own weight loss awards and keep heading in the right direction!

SOTW isn't always the person who lost the most in our group though... I've lost the most twice now, stayed to group and never got SOTW...I thought maybe it was cos it was my first and second WI's (which would be fair enough), but someone else got SOTW last night on her second WI after STS last week?! Confused.com!!

Ho hum...maybe one week I'll get SOTW!!...I'm just happy to get my own weight loss awards and keep heading in the right direction!

Mm did you miss the week before or anything? usually you cant get SOTW if you didn't attend the week before or if the week before was your 1st week (as your 1st week you lose more anyway, and if you missed class the week before your weight loss is basically what you've lost over 2 weeks so that not fair either). Maybe she just miscalculated? You should let them know if they get it wrong! :)

For our group, the SOTW has to have stayed to image therapy and they get the fruit basket. The consultant usually raffles off the new magazine when a new one comes out. SOTW isn't always the person who lost the most in our group though... I've lost the most twice now, stayed to group and never got SOTW...I thought maybe it was cos it was my first and second WI's (which would be fair enough), but someone else got SOTW last night on her second WI after STS last week?! Confused.com!!

The way SOTW works in my group is that you have to have lost or maintained the week before, and then been the biggest loser that week.

For the weeks where you'd lost the most but weren't SOTW, could you have gained the week before? If not, I'm not quite sure how your consultant is working it out.

In my group your first week doesn't count, you must have lost the week before and you must stay to image therapy. It's the person with the greatest loss after that that gets the sticker and fruit basket.

things we do for a sticker..hehe

SOTW has to stay at our group. At the last one she went through about 4 names before she found someone who had stayed so I don't think it made her feel very special!

The SOTW basket at my group is always full of bruised apples or scabby bananas so I never want to win it!

That's a shame. The basket at our group is always full of lots of lovely goodies: fruit, vegetables, mugshots, cereal bars, etc.

Back