Extra Easy Quick question from newbie (consultant on holiday)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by MissKittyFantastico, 18 October 2011 Social URL.

1. MissKittyFantastico

MissKittyFantastico Member

Start Weight:
    20st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(3.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I started 3 weeks ago and my consultant explained that foods are free but should be used for 3 meals a day only and superfree food for inbetween snacks.

How do i syn free foods when its eaten as a snack?

Thanks in advance x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vanilla_cupcake

vanilla_cupcake Silver Member

You've confused me a bit :confused:

You don't syn free food as its 'free' you only syn 'synned foods' like sauces, chocolate, crisps etc basically anything that isn't a free food has a syn value

Your 5-15 syns are to be used throughout the day or as a treat in the evening etc like a bar of chocolate or a glass of wine or some sauce with your meals etc

If you are following EE, you are suppose to snack on free foods to get better weight losses but you still have your syns there to use on whatever you like :)

4. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    To me it sounds like you've just described the Success Express plan. Are you following Extra Easy? If so, you don't need to Syn Free food - it is what it says on the tin, FREE.

Snacks in between dont have to be superfree - quite often I'll have an Alpen Light bar (healthy extra b choice) as a mid-morning snack with a cup of tea, or a fat free yogurt which is free, not superfree.

Have another read through your food optimising book, it should make things a bit clearer. Hope this helps xx

5. MissKittyFantastico

MissKittyFantastico Member

Start Weight:
    20st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(3.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks a lot :)

i think i might have picked up the consultant wrong

i thought it was strange as i followed original and green plan a few years ago and you were allowed to snack on free food then xx

6. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep, you can snack on free food - I think it's just recommended that you snack on superfree where possible to protect your losses :)

7. MrCharmed

MrCharmed Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(32.34%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can snack on free foods but obviously your supposed to follow the third superfree rule with them though this can be really duifucult x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.