Quick question re: syns

Sapphire

Hi, I was just thinking, do you have to have 5 syns a day or is it okay to have less, or even none? I've only been having 2.5 a day so far!

I would just try and stick to what your doing as some days you might find you hardly have any syns whereas other days such as the weekends you may have more than 19 syns so by the end of the week it balances itself out!

Best thing is just to see what works for you!

x

Last edited:
Hi, I don't have many syns on SW, mainly cos it's gota be all or nothin with me, if I have a 'treat' I'm afraid I won't stop, so I try not to have any, it's workin so far, but then I find on a Saturday when I'm really busy I tend to have 'food on the go' so it kinda evens it out - sayin that tho, a friend of mine who's lost over 3 stone on SW has all her alloted syns everyday as she says if u don't have any, then have a big treat, u cud pile on more weight as it's a shock to ur body? Best advice is as above, trust in ur own body and the scales - gud luck :)

Wow angel thats fab about your friend loosing three stone on Slimming World!!

How did she do it? How long did it take her?

x

Hi Akeli - I think it's took her about 6 months, she's had a steady weight loss most weeks, it was her who got me back onto it, she looks amazing, she wasn't terribly big b4, well not to me anyway, but now she's lost that weight she looks fab, and feels it too, her goal was to lose it b4 she went to a Texas ranch this christmas just gone - think she didnt want the horses to 'buckle under her' - her words not mine lol - she says she's found it really easy, she's amazing willpower tho - ex navy - very disciplined!!

I think you're right about it balancing out actually - as i've had hardly any syns all week but last night at a restaurant I ordered a tuna pasta bake..except it was greasy slop covered in cheese, I wasn't happy! So I think it's probably evened out, I didn't eat much of it but I expect my remaining syns got used up on it!

I'm like you Angel, too scared to have any choccie or crisps in case I go mad and eats loads of it! Haven't had any for a week!

awww I no exactly how u feel Sapphire, I was nearly tempted to open a jar of my ikkle babies' chocolate pudding earlier :eek:

I didn't ;)

I think i'm going to have to start upping my daily syns - last week (my first week) I had 54 syns for the week, and only lost 1.2 lbs. I looked at my food sheets for last year when I went to meetings and I was having 70 syns a week by having 10 a day, and losing 3 lbs a week, so I am going to go back to that approach this week. I'm not going to have any chocolate though!

Today i've used 4.5 already on a pink & white marshmallow wafer thing (2.5) and a chocolate mini milk lolly (2) :D

I think its all about experimenting to see what works best with SW...

I think it is 5-15 syns a day so if you had a lot of weight to lose then 15 would be your maximum. But if, say, one day you had no syns then you could use "flexible syns" and have maybe 30 another day. As long as you have 70 syns by the end of the week then the way you do it is up to you. A lot of people save up syns if they know they have a meal at a restaurant booked, some people don't need to have any syns and some just have a few every day.

Back