quick question

lancslass53

Silver Member
me and hubby are starting 790 on tuesday, ive spoke to my cdc about having semi skimmed milk instead of skimmed milk, its not fair on my kids to have skimmed milk :sign0137:, she says it should be ok to have semi instead but she thinks the amount is less (which is fine) as i only want to be able to have a proper cup of coffee or 2, she hasnt got back to me as yet so was just wondering if someone could tell me how much i will be allowed if it is less :D

thanks

Hi Lancs Lass, Not sure of the answer, maybe get your CDC to ring head office and ask, TBH though, I would go with skimmed if you can, I swapped over and even now Im at goal I never looked back, even DD drinks it now!

Hiya

The official line is skimmed as it is high protein and obviously virtually no fat!

Can't you just buy a 2 pint of skimmed milk for the two of you and semi skimmed for the kids ?

M.

One pint of whole milk has 370 calories and fat per pint 22 grams.

One pint of semi-skimmed milk has 255 calories and fat per pint 9.9 grams.

One pint of skimmed milk has 195 calories and fat per pint 0.5 grams

It took me awhile to get used to skimmed milk and now would find it very difficult to drink anything else.

I am on step 2 790 and I have my first weigh in tomorrow on it:rolleyes:

thanks guys, i might give it a try and buy a small bottle, just i dont really like skimmed milk, coffee tastes disgusting, but then again ive gone 7 weeks without a coffee, it wont kill me lol

One pint of whole milk has 370 calories and fat per pint 22 grams.

One pint of semi-skimmed milk has 255 calories and fat per pint 9.9 grams.

One pint of skimmed milk has 195 calories and fat per pint 0.5 grams

It took me awhile to get used to skimmed milk and now would find it very difficult to drink anything else.

I am on step 2 790 and I have my first weigh in tomorrow on it:rolleyes:

thanks mini
i never realised there was that much fat in semi skimmed. will definately give it a try

good luck for weigh in

thanks guys, i might give it a try and buy a small bottle, just i dont really like skimmed milk, coffee tastes disgusting, but then again ive gone 7 weeks without a coffee, it wont kill me lol

I never touched skimmed before the diet but once I finished it tasted fine in coffee to be honest! I now think semi skimmed tastes like cream and is too much so funny how you adapt!

Saying that I still normally drink coffee black which I used to hate

M.

Most peeps when starting out on CD hate the very sound of the phrase "skimmed milk"!!:eek: However, I can honestly say, that after a few weeks, you'll be converted too, and won't return to semi-skimmed! Honest! Like Mike says, it tastes too "creamy". A bit like drinking full-fat milk now compared to your normal semi-skimmed! Can't use kids as an excuse hunny (not on this site!!!). Just buy them what they need, and get your own special carton of skimmed!
Trust us! You'll look back at this thread in a few weeks time and laugh!! :giggle:
ps: going by Mini's fab stats, I could guess that you're allowance per day would be less than 1/4 pint of semi-skimmed if you still went ahead.

ive decided i will try the skimmed, in for a penny and all that. even hubby has said he'll give it a try which im totally shocked about, its definately true about full fat tasting too creamy, i hate the taste of it so im sure ill get used to skimmed. Hey if i can cope without coffee for 7 weeks i can cope with a bit of skimmed milk lmao

Mandy - I went off semi-skimmed when I was pregnant and have drunk skimmed for years now, I just buy a small carton for me (not at the moment though because I'm SSing) and everybody else has semi-skimmed.

Just as another option have you tried the 'one' milk. They sell it in most supermarkets round here now - its in a purple and white carton/container.

Its milk with 1% fat so it sort of sits inbetween semi skimmed and skimmed. When I was on WW I used it for a couple of weeks before moving onto skimmed and found the transition a lot easier. You really cant tell the difference between it and semi skimmed. Then after a week or so you really cant tell the difference between One and skimmed.

Just a thought!!

Giggly

All my lot now drink skimmed milk, even my boys ...I think if they are over 5 yrs they are fine to drink skimmed.....if younger they are supposed to drink full fat.
They get used to it pretty quick.

thanks everyone for your replies, gonna try skimmed and see how i go, my cdc rang me this morning after getting hold of the person she wanted to speak to and said that i could put skimmed milk powder in skimmed milk to make it taste a bit better, ill give it a few days see how i like it first though, if kids dont like it ill buy them semi skimmed :D

I wonder can you use powdered milk instead? I think this is skimmed but it does taste better in tea/coffee than the actual skimmed (well to my weird tastebuds anyway :)). Is powdered milk OK do you think?

ok day 1 on 790, ive had 2 cups of coffee with skimmed milk and i think i could definately get used to it, wasnt too bad at all, 1st cup of coffee for 7 weeks had a bit of a caffeine rush so the next one i made only had bout 1/3 teaspoon of coffee, much better lol :D

I wonder can you use powdered milk instead? I think this is skimmed but it does taste better in tea/coffee than the actual skimmed (well to my weird tastebuds anyway :)). Is powdered milk OK do you think?

not sure really, my cdc did say add the powder to skimmed milk to make it taste better so i would have thought it would be ok but i may be wrong

Back