• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Quick question!

S: 16st11.5lb C: 16st5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 39.3 Loss: 0st6.5lb(2.76%)
Hi everyone, firstly when did the site become live again? So gutted i didnt know it was up and going again! Such a brilliant site!

My question is, how many syns would a 24st man be allowed each day? Someone i know is wanting to start doing SW from home and i wasnt sure of his syn allowance!
And when would his syn allowance reduce to the 5-15 syns?

Thank you!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
He may be allowed extra both due to being male and his starting weight. Although that's not officially publicised as far as I'm aware, as it's at the consultant's discretion. When I started, I was at a weight that should qualify for extra syns (based on friends at similar weights in other groups) but my consultant said nothing about them.

I'd say he could reasonably use 20-25 a day, and reduce when losses start to slow down but these older threads may help...

https://www.minimins.com/threads/men-and-syns.322637/
https://www.minimins.com/threads/syns-for-men.339766/

S: 10st8lb C: 9st5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 24.7 Loss: 1st3lb(11.49%)
Hi everyone, firstly when did the site become live again? So gutted i didnt know it was up and going again! Such a brilliant site!

My question is, how many syns would a 24st man be allowed each day? Someone i know is wanting to start doing SW from home and i wasnt sure of his syn allowance!
And when would his syn allowance reduce to the 5-15 syns?

Thank you!
I was told when I joined SW on the 7th January this year that it was 15 for ladies and 25 for men

S: 24st1lb C: 17st7lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 38.4 Loss: 6st8lb(27.3%)
When I rejoined in January I was told (as a female with more than 5st to lose) I could take 20 syns per day, although 2yrs ago, when I was about 22st I was told the usual 15 max, so I think there is some variation on what we're told. I would probably say 25, but reduce to 15 when he has less than 5st to lose. x