Quick reply if poss- what weights KB to buy?

Splodgergill

Hi, been meaning to post this all day but it's been manic, only just turned my laptop on!

Am off to Decathalon tomorrow to purchase kettlebells but have no idea what weight to buy.

I'm relatively fit, go the gym 3x a week, alterating cardio and resistance training. But I'm carrying a lot of excess weight and have a lot to lose.

Am confused as to where to start, plus some are in kilos, others are in lbs.

Where do i start?

If you're going to a sports shop they can help and you can try them out. :) when you actually have a swing it's easy to tell if a bell is way too light or heavy.

In case it helps you here is a list I did for myself of some of the lower weights converted between lb/kg. Sorry it doesn't go higher but I'm a wimp. ;-)

4lb - 1.8kg
5lb - 2.3kg
7.5lb - 3.4kg
10lb - 4.5kg
11lb - 5kg
13.2lb - 6kg
16.5lb - 7.5kg
20lb - 9.1kg

Hiya I started with a 5kg but had no recent fitness. Give them a swing in the shop, also try lifting overhead x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi - I second what Donzy says. A 5kg is a good place to start, especially as to start with you will be concentrating on form and learning the moves. Its also a bit more compact so this will help. Avoid vinyl bells as these are too bulky and you can end up with quite badly bruised legs. Good luck :)

Back