Total Solution This has to be it!

How's today been for you honey? xx

Hi Cate, like everyone has said before me you have got to do what feels right for you. If you think JUDDD is for you then you should do it!

I'm sure you will make the right choice xxx

If you want to give fasting a go then you'll get a lot of support from me if I can help x I have respect for anyone who can stick to a vlcd as I completely lack the willpower to do it. I lack the willpower to do any kind of diet!!.. well until I started fasting. I can do 3 days a week fasting at 500 calories no problem but only because I know I can eat the next day. For me it's kind of the best of both worlds...I get to lose weight...but I also get to eat food I enjoy every week and don't feel left out. Whatever you decide to do, and only you know what is best for you, the amount of people commenting here on your diary shows you won't be without support either way x

Ladies, thanks for all your supportive comments. Have been thinking long and hard about what to do for the best and have made the decision to switch to JUDDD. As everyone has said, if it doesn't work I can always come back. Durrrrr! Why didn't I think of that. Also, I think it will make life easier if I'm JUDDDing during the school hols. I also realised that this is as far as I got (11 weeks) when I did Lipotrim in 2011, although back then I managed to shift 3st 5lbs rather than the 2st 2lbs I've managed this time round, so maybe I've reached my TFR breaking point and just need a break. Who knows? Also, as I've said before, one can't TFR forever whereas one can do intermittent fasting for life and this was always my intention when I got to goal to ensure I maintained this time. So I'm kind of viewing it as starting a new lifestyle rather than a new diet.

So, I will weigh on Monday as normal to round off my time on Exante but will then also weigh on Tuesday as this will be my official new weigh in day for JUDDD as I'm going to weigh after a DD and Mondays will always be a DD for me. I am aiming to make Monday, Wednesday and Fridays my DDs. I am going to have two Exante products plus 100 cals of milk in coffee on my DDs as I don't trust myself to calorie count real food on DDs yet. On my UDs I will be aiming to consume no more than 1895 calories as this is my predicted TDEE. I will JUDDD for the next six weeks holidays and see how I go and then if it's not working for me, return to Exante when the schools go back. I ideally want to be 14st by then and that will leave me 3st to shift to get to goal which I had hoped to do by my birthday in mid December but am not going to get hung up on that. Whatever it is, it's going to be a lot less than I weighed on my birthday last year.

I will also be keeping an eye on my carbs. While I don't want to give up carbs completely, I don't want to pile on a load of water weight by jumping straight back into eating loads of carbs so I will be re-introducing them slowly and carefully.

So, that's my plan. Really hope it works.

I hope you will pop over to the JUDDD forum and keep up with my diary over there. I will, of course, be keeping up to speed with everyone over here. Feeling better for having made a decision. Thanks for all your support while I've been on here and hope that will continue. xx

http://www.minimins.com/juddd-diaries/343681-jumping-juddd-get-me-goal-beyond.html#post7428378

Last edited:
I've just realised that today is exactly five months until my birthday on 17th December. If I can lose 10lbs a month from now until then that's 3st 8lbs which would get me to 11st 6lbs on my birthday. Would be happy with that. :D

Thanks. I will be back very regularly to keep track of how everyone's doing, especially as the JUDDD forum doesn't seem as active as Exante's. There are only about half a dozen people who seem to post with any regularity. The link to my diary over on JUDDD is included in the post announcing my switch. :)

Hey Cate,
That sounds like a great decision. I will definitely be popping over to visit your new diary :) All the best.

Good luck on your new journey I really hope it works for you, sounds like a plan to maintain so may be joining you when I get to goal!

Best of luck sweetheart, I've subscribed to your new diary - I agree that it will fit in better with the school summer holidays xx

I think you've made a brilliant, well thought out decision. I'll be following you too chickie. Good luck xxx

I wish you the best of luck Cate x You have really thought about this before coming to a decision and you have to do what's best for you. Like everyone else has already said, if it doesn't work out you can always give Exante another try. Popping over to subscribe to your new diary now. Good luck X

Glad to see you have made the decision Cate. no point struggling on a plan that was difficult to stick with.

JUDDD sounds very good & I have heard some positive things about it so good luck with the next stage of the plan x

Thanks for all your kind and supportive comments. You really are a lovely bunch of women.

Have been in the office today and so far have had a pack and a bar and gallons and gallons of water! I think I've been to the loo about 8 times today - it was like being on the first day again. It was raising some eyebrows with my colleagues!

I have another three days to see how much more I can shift on Exante before switch over. However, I'm going out tonight with the mums from school for an end-of-term drink. I'm driving so won't be drinking, not even one. Not sure whether I'll eat out yet or not. Not going to have my shake yet in case I do eat later. If I do eat it'll be a salad, especially in this heat. Not the weather for anything heavy. I seriously hope that someone somewhere is enjoying a BBQ tonight. It's the perfect night for one. Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.

Hi Cate. Just subscribed to your JUDDD diary!

Well just had my last Exante weigh in and have put on 2lbs over the weekend. A combination of eating stuff I shouldn't and TOTWIDTTU turning up. What is going on? I can't remember the last time I had monthly periods before I started Exante, let alone four in succession!

I am very fed up with myself as since I made the decision to switch to JUDDD I've been eating and not sensibly. This means that in the last four weeks I've managed to lose just 2lbs. What a waste of a month. I'm not overly bothered about the 2lbs as I know this will disappear but I am cross with myself for messing about so much the last month that that's all I've managed to drop. I should be at least another half stone down. Probably a good thing I'm switching as if I'm not going to or can't comply with the Exante rules then what is the point? I'm just fooling myself. So, on my 12 weeks of Exante I've lost exactly 2 stone which I'm pleased with. I mean, losing 2st every three months would result in an 8st loss in a year which isn't to be sniffed at (not that I want to lose 8st).

Anyway, starting my JUDDD regime today and am feeling a bit nervous about managing my first day on two packs and 200mls of semi-skimmed milk but am determined to stick to it. At least I know that if the day's getting tough I can go and look in the fridge and decide what I'm going to eat tomorrow! So six weeks of this while school's out and then another progress review. Wish me luck. :cross:

Good luck! will be reading to see how how you are getting on x

Just thought I'd report my first day of JUDDD on here. In future, my diary posts will be over on the JUDDD forum.

Day 1 of JUDDD

7.50am - coffee with milk; nice to have a 'normal' white coffee after the vanilla flavoured ones I've been having on Exante although, to be fair, I did rather like my flavoured coffees
9.00am - Exante shake made up with 600mls water
11.00am - another coffee
4pm - another coffee and that's the last of my milk
7.50pm - Exante shake made up with 600mls water

Drinking water during the day.

So day one pretty much over and it's been fine. Did feel a bit hungry mid afternoon so had a coffee and some more water and it staved off the hunger. My mint is also running rampant in my herb planter so I made a load of tzatziki just to have in the fridge as a handy dip or dressing.

Forgot my hairdresser was coming this evening and she turned up just about 6pm as I was starting to feel hungry and thinking about having my last shake. After she left I had to go up to my friends to feed her cats as I'm looking after them while her family is on holiday and then when I got home James (10 yr old) was desperate to be fed. So I ended up having my shake at 7.50pm and I wasn't feeling as hungry as I had been at 6pm so hunger pangs do pass. Anyway, I can't claim to feel full right now and in fact, I do feel a little bit hungry and yes, I could eat something. But the thing is I'm certainly not starving and I know I can last the evening until bed with a couple more large glasses of water inside me. With a bit of will power I can do this so why did I waste the last month of Exante sabotaging my weight loss with cheats? The big difference of course on JUDDD is that my willpower only has to last for a day as I can eat tomorrow. Yippee. I do think this is going to suit me better.

So I've successfully completed day one and will weigh tomorrow as I'm going to be weighing every Tuesday after my Monday DD. That means that my week one weigh in next Tuesday will be reporting 8 days of JUDDDing.

Last edited:
Back