Quick tikka masala

Last night made quick chicken tikka masala off the sw website. The chicken looked and smelled lovely when I marinated it and grilled it but when I added the fromage frais it tasted awful. Really couldn't eat it. Anyone else done this? Not sure if it was maybe something I done wrong. Or if anybody has a different recipe that tastes nice? Thanks x

The exact same thing happened to me and I discovered it was because it curdled you need to take it off the heat wait a few mins and then mix all in on a and add back to a low heat just to warm through....i tried it the second time and was much better. So glad I'm not the only one though thought I was going made at first! Xx

Good to know it wasn't just me this happened to, was very disappointed. Will give it another try this way, thanks :)

Oh il have to try it again, it's put me off chicken tikka tho lol

Here's the recipe off the site
4 tbsp tikka spice mix
4 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 x 115g skinless, boneless chicken breasts
400g fat free natural fromage frais
A pinch of paprika
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Tip: Be careful not to boil the fromage frais as this will make it curdle. Just heat gently until hot.

This recipe is not suitable for home freezing.
Method

Mix together the tikka spice mix, yogurt and lemon juice. Cut the chicken into cubes, toss in the yogurt mix and leave for a few hours to marinate in the fridge.
Preheat the grill to a moderate heat and grill the chicken, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a pan and stir in the fromage frais. Mix well to coat the chicken and heat through very gently on a low heat.
Divide the chicken tikka between four serving plates, serve with boiled rice (Free on Extra Easy and Green, or 2 Syns per 1oz/28g on Original) garnished with coriander and a pinch of paprika.

Xx

Back