Quickie question re: average weight loss

minilady

Gold Member
Hi all

Does anyone know if like other diets, your weight loss slows down a bit, when you start getting nearer your goal?

I know I shouldn't do it, but I am a bit of a serial weigher, and I weighed myself this morning and haven't lost anything since last thursday:( . I have stuck to diet 100% and am ssing.

Tracey
x

i would say yes, your body gets so used to what you are doing and maybe dont want to lose knowmore, i know that my body gets to a certain weight and dont want to budge knowmore. if you have been ssing all the time then maybe try aam or 750 for a week then go back to ss and see what happens, that should do the trick though

Hrm......well, I think the answer is yes as well.

Here's my reasoning for you.

When you are heavier, it takes more calories to keep you going.....when you are lighter not only do you have less fat reserves but you don't need to many calories to keep going. The calorie deficit you have in a week becomes smaller, hence the loss becomes smaller. Plus, as you are going up the plan the calories are going up and the deficit becoming smaller so again, less weight loss.

Not sure to what degree though. You'd need to know how many calories you need to maintain your current weight.

Don't worry about no change, bodies are funny things. Don't let it get you down. If you've stuck to it, you're burning fat.

As someone else on this forum said.....go on the scales with 2lbs of lard.....then come off. Pick up a litre of water and go on the scales. Have you lost weight on the scales? no. But have you lost fat? yep.

xx

xx

Thanks Coley, that makes complete sense. It hasn't got me down, I just thought I'd ask, then if I get a crappy week I won't feel so bad. Was hoping someone would answer in this sort of way. So cheers:D :D

Tracey
x

Back