Quite worried - going away for the week end

AnnTeak

As the title says I am going away for the week end and I am quite worried about sticking to the diet. I am having mostly PP days this week so I can have some PV days while I am away but I am going to a hotel where we will probably not leave so all meals will be there and I will be quite restricted on what I can choose from to eat, I will also be with some people from work and the first time I have been away with them.

I am also sure there will be some alcohol involved which I am going to find very hard to avoid for various reasons and am worried what that will do to my efforts so far. I have had a look back through the threads and it kind of seem a frowned on thing to do but I never really drink and this will only be the second time I have been able to have a drink this year and won't again till I get to goal and this is supposed to be a relaxing week end away with no kids!! I feel like I am caught between a rock and a hard place with it.

If you break the diet, it will take a couple of days to get back on track... Your not going to gain HUGE amounts from 2 day breakage,

I think of it like this... You can either go in mega strict and maybe run the risk of having a huge carb overload massive blow out. Or go in thinking, your going to break it a little, it's only one weekend and try to make more sensible choices of carbs if you know what I mean. I know if I sat there hardly eating a thing the min I have a drink I'm going to get weak and think **** it bring on the pizza!

That's just me though :)
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have had a few pre-planned boozy nights out which has slowed my weight loss a bit, would be at target weight by now if I had avoided drinking, but I have kept to the food side of things strictly (although I eat huge amounts of eggs, yogurt etc) and I exercise a lot (running, HIIT, etc). While alcohol can cause a stall it is not the ketosis 'breaker' that a carb filled meal is, hence occasional drinking but obsessive adherence to the diet. Thats because I can (occasionally) drink and still be careful about food though.To be honest, I would advise avoid the booze and carbs like the plague and don't take the risks I and others have done....this diet works so well, I'm chuffed to bits with the results but it does need to be strictly followed.

Hi Ann
i had a similar dilemma this weekend with a 30th and a wedding. I know it can be tricky but I alternated my drinks and asked the barmaid to always put my diet coke in a vodka glass so people didn't ask all the typical annoying questions!! I also prepared some healthy snacks for the room so that if the demon drink made me hungry at least I had healthy snacks! On the first day back I started a 2-3 day protein only thing hoping it will repair the damage. We all try our best but sometimes these things can't be avoided:)
good luck and enjoy ur weekend away! X

Thanks GW that info is good to know.

Lawl that is a good idea about the snacks, what did you take? Hope you protein only days make up you wedding and party indulgence.

Hi Ann
Thanks, fingers crossed! I took carrot and red pepper sticks along with some chilli powdered 0%greek yogurt and some cooked beef slices. I borrowed my mums cool box and sat the beef and dip nearest to the ice packs. Came in handy when the munchies kicked in! Hope this helps x

I'm just back from 3 days away and managed to lose 2lbs. I'm doing a veggie Dukan so took some Quorn chunks (left in hotel room fridge), packed a few yogs and made some oatbran muffins that kept really well. I did do 3 days of PV though. I ate in the hotel for breakfast...omelettes and mushrooms, lunched out and then we went to the Harvester for dinner...perfect Dukan place!
Have a fab time away.

Thanks guys some great ideas

Back