Quorn atkins recipes?

rosebug

Silver Member
Now, I'm not veggie but I can get squeamish about meat. I'm just wondering if anyone has any Atkins friendly recipes for quorn, especially quorn mince and quorn chicken-style pieces. These are both approx 5g carbs for 100g and 150g is more like a decent portion, so sauces/accompaniments need to be very low carb.

Is there such a thing as a low carb bolognese recipe? One of my favorite things is quorn chicken mixed with ragu bolognese sauce and cheese...

Hi Rosebug, I've put a recipe on the sticky previously which is avocado and boursin sauce with whatever (I use prawns) - that might be nice with quorn and you can go easy on the avo.

I was thinking of trying your Boursin sauce actually, Katie. I'll go and see exactly what you do - would love something with a slightly tomatoey taste but am probably asking too much there.

Oh, what do people put in stir fries, too? If I used 5g of carbs for the quorn but wanted some veggies and sone kind of flavour...

How about low carb ketchup or tiny bit of tomato puree mixed with either mayo or cream?
Dh recommends passata as goes quite a long way

Rose, if I need tomato sauce with something I get M&S tomato and basil sauce - 2.1g per 100g - very lovely. Good luck with your customised vege Atkinsing! :)

Do you know, I was JUST coming up to say I'd found a jar of that in my larder tucked among the ragu! So 100g of that plus just over 100g of quorn would come out just under 10g carbs! It's high for one meal but should be okay now and then. Thank you m&s.

I think someone here found very low carb pesto there too. I might have to try quorn (or even chicken) mixed with pesto.

Yay! You're back, aren't you? Just needed a bit of Rosey-tweaking and you know this diet suits you again. :D

Well I'm close ;) have some packs I paid too much for not to use up first but I am planning plans, yes.

Rosebug tesco do a sun dried tomato concentrate and a tomato and garlic concentrate in tooth paste-like containers which contain less than 0.5g carbs per 100g. The make is called Gia authentic Italian. Mixed with mince and water and seasoning would make a very low carb bolognese sauce xx

I use the Gia too on occasion - also love sprinkling loads of curry powder over meat too. I use Tescos medium curry powder.

Another yummy thing is Ras El Hanout - it's a Moroccan rub with lots of spices, lavender and rose petals - sounds weird but it's lovely. Got that from Tesco online, my big store doesn't have it. Made by Al Fez. It has veg bouillon so a carb content but imagine it's quite small.

Is it spicy, the rub? I am very mild in my tastes - I like flavor but not heat. Otherwise I shall look out for it - always looking for teriyaki chicken substitutes.

Hmm if I see it I'll try it. Can't really order from tesco online though as I don't buy enough else from there. *makes notes*

Rosebug tesco do a sun dried tomato concentrate and a tomato and garlic concentrate in tooth paste-like containers which contain less than 0.5g carbs per 100g. The make is called Gia authentic Italian. Mixed with mince and water and seasoning would make a very low carb bolognese sauce xx

I use this one too, great for when you need a tomato hit :)

Next question- what do you all have with mince? Cauli rice? As I don't eat meat type mince I have noooo clue.

Back