Quorn Info for those on SS+

bmthsue

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but bags of quorn mince/chunks are half price (89p) in a certain supermarket that uses Jamie Oliver for their advertising.
Apologies to the moderators if I've broken a rule here. x.

i hope it wasnt classed as rule breaking becuase that is FAB news!
My DH works for said supermarket, and he didnt think to tell me! BOO!
Will b making him buy all the stock they have as i love the stuff!!!!
Thanks for that hun!
:D:D:D

xx

YES YES YES!!!

Quorn pieces i think its 200g and its lovely!!!
Its in the yellow book hun
but not the burgers/sausages/fillets etc
xx

thanks for the info, as an expertise vegee i have found over all the cheapest place to buy frozen quorn is usually the small frozen island bjork comes from..

not the fillets?? how come cdc said their ok?

Awww thats a pity I love the sausages! :cry:

The Cambridge book says chunks and mince. True, they're the 'purest' of the Quorns and have high protein and low carb content. This is why they're the listed products. Remember there are beef style chunks now, also.

By personal choice I have had the plain Quorn fillets (not the breadcrumbed ones!), the slices, plain burgers (you can get them in bags of 6) and plain sausages whilst doing Cambridge - and with little ill effect on my weight loss. I made sure to buy the Quorn products with the lowest carb content I could - some of the sausages are higher in carbs than others so I compared packets and avoided those. A calculator and the nutritional info panel was essential, and I used both to monitor my intake of these other Quorn products.

Why did I choose to do this? - I would have been bored with just the chunks and mince, and boredom would have been a potential trigger
for me to go off plan big style. But I also understand the importance of the calorie intake and low carb-ness needed for CD to be effective, so worked out a compromise.

Note this is not a green light recommendation! - simply my experience and choice. If anyone else chooses to use Quorn products other than those listed, it should be their
reasoned choice.

Back