Working Solutions quorn/meat recipes

Emmajoyce

Will be a skinny mini!
Any body got any good recipes for quorn? Im not veggi but i like quorn, Or any good meat recipes I've seen some recipe stickies but I've done them any ideas throw them this way
x

I used to make quorn chilli -chop onion, chilli, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms and fry them in a pan-add as much chilli powder as you want, fry for a few minutes till they are softening. Add a can or two of chopped tomatoes or passata, a can or two of kidney beans and a can of sweetcorn, add more chiili powder if needed and stir it well just before it's boiling add the pack of quorn mince, stir in well and cover pan and let it simmer for 20 mins. Recipe can be adapted to taste.

I also do a quorn chicken stir fry-just add the quorn first and fry for a while-maybe in 5 spice and then add stir fry.
Hope these may inspire, I am not a veggie and I'm doing TS but they were favourite of mine.
:)

quorn mince shepherds pie with swede mash as topping, quorn sausage casserole. I just make it up as I go along so each meal is a little different :) usually use chopped tomatoes/passata, bit of marmite, bouiliion stock and whatever veg in the house.

I used to make quorn chilli -chop onion, chilli, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms and fry them in a pan-add as much chilli powder as you want, fry for a few minutes till they are softening. Add a can or two of chopped tomatoes or passata, a can or two of kidney beans and a can of sweetcorn, add more chiili powder if needed and stir it well just before it's boiling add the pack of quorn mince, stir in well and cover pan and let it simmer for 20 mins. Recipe can be adapted to taste.

The bolded ingredients will kick you out of ketosis

Which part will?

I've been having passata onions and haven't been kicked out so far i don't like kidney beans or sweetcorn so that's ok thanks for letting me know x

tomatoes wont kick you out of ketosis so long as you dont eat loads of them. Ive just had 8 cherry tomatoes totallin 3.8g of carbs. Atkins allows you to eat tomatoes. Quorn has more carbs in it than tomatoes and is classed as quite carby

i also have a low carb veggie book that allows you to have spring onions in small amounts

makes you wonder what you can actually eat it puts you off eating at all with some of the comments as once you have reached your target goal there should be no reason to stay in ketosis just eat healthy and exercise

Back