Quorn sausages I can't believe it :(

I stocked up on the old onea in tesco... What made me laugh is that I found them behind the best ever ones??!! Wonder if a member of staff was hiding them for his/herself lol well I took them all hehe

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

These are the old ones and are syn free. eventually these will disappear and be replaced by the 'best ever' ones

Just found this thread; was gutted that every pack of Quorn sausages I picked up had the "best ever" accompanied by a syn value!:cry: We eat a lot of them so thank you so much Circes for confirming that the Iceland ones are still okay - off to raid my local Iceland's supply on Saturday!:D

Don't think it's just the sausages. Picked up some quorn burgers today and saw the best ever stamp on the packaging. They are probably more than half a syn now.

Don't think it's just the sausages. Picked up some quorn burgers today and saw the best ever stamp on the packaging. They are probably more than half a syn now.

Oh no! I eat lots of Quorn products and it is so frustrating when things you use to be able to eat syn free now carry a syn value!:cry::cry:

Ommm I had some of their old style ones last night that I had stashed in the fridge ommmmmmm I'd forgotten how deeee-lish they were. :) The new ones are BLEURGH, there is NO way Im paying syns for them :mad:

If they tough my chicken pieces I will shoot them:cry:

Ommm I had some of their old style ones last night that I had stashed in the fridge ommmmmmm I'd forgotten how deeee-lish they were. :) The new ones are BLEURGH, there is NO way Im paying syns for them :mad:

If they tough my chicken pieces I will shoot them:cry:

I was thinking the same thing last night as I cooked myself a Quorn curry - they better not touch the Quorn chicken pieces!!:mad: I literally wouldn't know what to cook! lol!!:eek:

How are we supposed to find out which items have changed in syn value? :mad:
I don't go to group - am on-line member - and haven't got time generally to sift through all the various syn value threads on here 'just in case' :mad: I only came across this one because I wanted to see what other Quorn items are free(?) as I too have been having more green days and now I'm also gutted as I eat the sausages regularly.
Maybe someone could start a thread specifically to show changes? Maybe you Circes? You always seem to have the right info hun ;)

Well I went and raided my local somerfield (Tried tesco and morrisons and they only had the new ones) and bought 10 packs! felt a bit of a twit at the checkout lol:D

I don't go to group - am on-line member - and haven't got time generally to sift through all the various syn value threads on here 'just in case' :mad: I only came across this one because I wanted to see what other Quorn items are free(?) as I too have been having more green days and now I'm also gutted as I eat the sausages regularly.
Maybe someone could start a thread specifically to show changes? Maybe you Circes? You always seem to have the right info hun ;)
I totally agree, that would be a fantastic idea. I totally rely on this site for all my info as I am doing this at home without even the slimming world site to fall back on.
I 2nd Circes if they are able to as all their info and posts are always so helpful:D

Shocking! I've been caught out too!

I wonder how much their sales will go down due to the SW peeps not having them as much and whether they'll be forced to change the recipe again..................we can dream!

I go to group & it isn't always mentioned which products have changed in syn value.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter who starts the thread up with 'changes to syn values' we will all be responsible for updating it as and when we know of any changes.

Good idea Happy Holidays - maybe you could mention to your C that this info isn't getting out there, and she could pass it on ? ;)

I don't mind synning quorn sausages as I think they are worth it. What I will find a bit bothersome though is having to keep count when I make, for example, speedy bangers and beans. I usually chuck everything in and know it is all free. Will have to do a bit of counting in future (when I run out of my massive Iceland stash of old style sausages lol)

For one syn, I would recommend the Cauldron veggie sausages. They are ace!

As far as I know if they change the recipe they are obliged to change the packaging/name to make this explicit. So if the packet of something you use doesn't look *exactly* like it used to it's sensible to just bung all the info into the calculator (or ask someone on here to) and find out how much the syns are.

Sometimes a new version goes down in syns. When I first started SW Quorn sausages were half a syn and I didn't have many, then they became free, now they've gone up again.

Back