Quorn Sausages on AAM week?

A1628

Hey All,

Does anyone know if Quorn sausages are allowed on AAM week? If i were to just grill them as they are? Also if we are allowed them, how many?

I start AAM week from Monday, and need some ideas!

Many thanks:)
A

I bake mine in the oven.

2 for AAMW, 3 or 4 for 790

Quorn sauages are not allowed on the aamw, It is only peices and mince.

In the manufacture of the sauages ther're is salt and alot of additives.

Cambridge says that we can have Quorn sausages in moderation.

The content of the plain sausages is no different to the plain Quorn

It was said that you need to be careful in case it sends you out of ketosis but most folks seem to be okay with it

Personally, I'd pass on the quorn sausages and keep to the what the book says (which doesn't includes sausages)

Ingredients

Mince: Mycoprotein (88%), rehydrated free range egg white, roasted barley malt extract
Pieces: Mycoprotein (87%), rehydrated free range egg white, flavouring

Plain sausages:
Mycoprotein (34%), rehydrated free range egg white, water, textured wheat protein (wheat protein, wheat starch), onion, flavouring (with colour: iron oxide), milk proteins, rapeseed oil, tapioca starch, gelling agent: pectin.

Bangers
: Mycoprotein (35%), water, rehydrated free range egg white, onion, rapeseed oil, flavourings (with colours: iron oxides), milk proteins, textured wheat protein (wheat protein, wheat starch), sage & onion stuffing (breadcrumb, rusk, dehydrated onion, hydrogenated sunflower, rapeseed & palm oils, salt, herbs, onion powder, chives, wheat flour, pepper and sage extracts), tapioca starch, gelling agent: pectin; spice blend (black pepper, thyme, parsley), roasted barley malt extract.
Mycoprotein (35%), water, rehydrated free range egg white, onion, rapeseed oil, flavourings (with colours: iron oxides), milk proteins, textured wheat protein (wheat protein, wheat starch), sage & onion stuffing (breadcrumb, rusk, dehydrated onion, hydrogenated sunflower, rapeseed & palm oils, salt, herbs, onion powder, chives, wheat flour, pepper and sage extracts), tapioca starch, gelling agent: pectin; spice blend (black pepper, thyme, parsley), roasted barley malt extract.
Mycoprotein (88%), rehydrated free range egg white, roasted barley malt extract.

Definitely definitely definitely no quorn sausages just plain quorn. They do have additives in them and flavourings.

You cannot have 3 sausages on 790.

What CD did say was if on occasion you may want to try another quorn product but they do not recommend it, it could slow your weightloss, make you hungry and ultimately ruin the whole things.

Never ever have they said 3 sausages on 790.

Again on occasion there could be an exception but this would be tailored to the individual based on their personal circumstances not a general everyone can do this. This is a discussion between client and counsellor.

Rant over but I have now typed this several times on several forums

Last edited:
Back