Quorn?

Kater-tater

Gold Member
Just wondered if anyone else thinks that the pieces taste totally diffrent to other quorn things? I like any of the coated ones and think the taste of the quorn even on its own (with batter off) tastes diffrent to the pieces you can buy in bags.
I really dislike the pieces, they are kind of sickly and almost sweet tasting I think. I find them almost unedible. Ive got a pack of fillets as well and from what I remeber they taste like the pieces also.
Just wondered if anyone else found this or if its me being wierd?! :confused:

sorry cant say i have noticed this. since being on SW i haven't had the 'coated' ones anyway. Quorn is pretty bland with no real taste at all. Get creative with flavours. I mostly do 'meat' recipes, just using the quorn.

I find that quorn has a pretty nice taste in everything except the pieces which taste and smell totally diffrent....
hmmmmm

Not eat them! haha!
No matter how I cook them (and always with strong flavours) they always taste the same, they have that smell in the packet.
Maybe I should just admit defeat!

hey i find the same thing with quorn pieces, the fillets are fine for me. No matter what sauce i cook them in they have this weird taste i really dont like! I have now stopped eating quorn because i think i over ate them in he first 2 weeks and now cant face them x

I don't know if this helps but I always cook my pieces in veggie stock you could use chicken stock and it def alters the flavour, especially if I am having a 'plain' stir fry as they are a bit bland as you say...

It is interesting that you mentioned the sweet flavour as I made some veggie soup today and added quorn pieces, my friend mentioned the soup tasted 'sweet' I wonder if it was the quorn?!

hey i find the same thing with quorn pieces, the fillets are fine for me. No matter what sauce i cook them in they have this weird taste i really dont like! I have now stopped eating quorn because i think i over ate them in he first 2 weeks and now cant face them x

Im glad im not alone!!!!!! yay! :eek:

I don't know if this helps but I always cook my pieces in veggie stock you could use chicken stock and it def alters the flavour, especially if I am having a 'plain' stir fry as they are a bit bland as you say...

It is interesting that you mentioned the sweet flavour as I made some veggie soup today and added quorn pieces, my friend mentioned the soup tasted 'sweet' I wonder if it was the quorn?!
Good idea, might give that a try if i ever dare to buy them again, threw away the other half a packet this morning!
Maybe it was the quorn, I find they taste sweet as apposed to savoury if you know what i mean and just makes everything taste weird!

I must be weird - i really like them :) I use them in place of chopping up chicken in stir fries or curries etc.

I get very jelous of you all eating quorn - I can't eat any quorn type products as I get so violently sick after eating it, which I found to my horror.

That really sucks that it makes you ill, i avoided it for a long time as i was scared it would but luckily its ok with me. I couldnt cope without it as a vegetarian!

Just had the fillets and they where fab! Although i did highly flavour them as a kind of kiev!
Yummy!!!!

you could just chop up the fillets and then use like the pieces ( in stir fry/ curries etc)

yeah ,i do that with the tesco ones but will do with quorn as well

lol I didnt really like the steak ones!

Also didnt like those chicken style peices either, tried them because they are vegan. Each to there own I supose :)

Back