Quorn

I like the Bramley Apple Quarter Pounder (1 syn each) - have in a whole meal roll (HEB) and some relish and maybe HEA portion of cheese - very nice!!

I have converted the whole family to quorn mince instead of minced beef, and we love it providing you use lots of flavour when cooking it.. minced beef, potato and chickpea curry, shepherds pie with vecan flavouring or chilli con carne.. freezer is never without it. We have meatballs too but the ASDA ones are nicer than the Quorn ones. I also cook quorn burgers, making burgers in a bun with all the trimmings for the family but mine will be wrapped in a iceburg lettuce leaf, with a cheese slice, cherry toms etc and it makes an excellent alternative to a bun and has a fantastic crunch to it... quorn quorn quorn..love it lol

Hi
I didn't know there was so many Quorn products available - Asda has a very small selection, think me needs to shop at Tesco.
I must say some of Asda's own brands are better IMO anyway and worth a few syns.
I have been a vegetarian for over 12 years and the family are Asda meat free mince eaters for chilli's, spag bol, lasagne etc.
Irene

Hi
I didn't know there was so many Quorn products available - Asda has a very small selection, think me needs to shop at Tesco.
I must say some of Asda's own brands are better IMO anyway and worth a few syns.
I have been a vegetarian for over 12 years and the family are Asda meat free mince eaters for chilli's, spag bol, lasagne etc.
Irene

think i will try some when next at asda.....

like you said most low in syns...

Asda meat free
Asda Meat Free Burgers, 8 pack, frozen 57g each
Original ½ Syn Green ½ Syn
Asda Meat Free Apple & Rosemary Sausages, 5 pack, frozen 56g each
Original 1½ Syns Green 1½ Syns
Asda Meat Free Meatballs, frozen 300g pack
Original 3 Syns Green 3 Syns
Asda Meat Free Mince, 454g pack, frozen 100g raw
Original Free Green Free
Asda Meat Free Sun Dried Tomato & Mozzarella Quarterpounder, twin pack, frozen 113g each
Original 7 Syns Green 7 Syns
Asda Meatfree Potato & Spinach Curry Bake, twin pack, frozen 140g each
Original 6½ Syns Green 3 Syns
Asda Meat Free Beef Style Pieces, 300g pack, chilled 100g
Original 3½ Syns Green 3½ Syns
Asda Meat Free Lincolnshire Sausages, 5 pack, chilled 56g each
Original 1 Syns Green 1 Syns
[FONT=&quot]Asda Meat Free Bolognese Mix, made up as directed, dried 120g pack
Original Free Green Free
Asda Meat Free Mexican Chilli Mix, made up as directed, dried 120g pack
Original 2 Syns Green 2 Syns
Asda Meat Free Savoury Mince Mix, made up as directed, dried 120g pack
Original 2 Syns Green 2 Syns [/FONT]

Had the quorn meatballs tonight with a massive plate of spaghetti and roasted veg tomato sauce. Yum! These will definitely always be in my freezer - even just to snack on!

A lady in our class suggested using Sainsbury's meat free mince, as an alternative to quorn mince, she swore it was lots nicer, I find that if you add quorn mince to a recipe 15 mins before serving, it is good, and also remember to add less of it than you would beef (etc) mince.

Ooh.. I was wondering about some of the syn values on Quorn stuff... thanks for posting them! Might try some ADSA meatfree stuff too.. :)

I am veggie and detest quorn, I think all their products smell and taste yuk. If you want to try veggie mince I would recommend Linda McCartney frozen mince which is also free and far nicer in taste. Burger wise I would recommend Sainsburys meat free burgers at .5 a syn each. Sausages again I would recommend Linda McCartneys and they have a syn value of 1.5syns each and can be found in the frozen section of Iceland for £1 a box. Everyone has different taste though and I think you have to try different brands before finding things you like.

I am veggie and detest quorn, I think all their products smell and taste yuk. If you want to try veggie mince I would recommend Linda McCartney frozen mince which is also free and far nicer in taste. Burger wise I would recommend Sainsburys meat free burgers at .5 a syn each. Sausages again I would recommend Linda McCartneys and they have a syn value of 1.5syns each and can be found in the frozen section of Iceland for £1 a box. Everyone has different taste though and I think you have to try different brands before finding things you like.

Oooh I might give some of those a try! I love Quorn.. but find it so expensive (blimmin' student budget!).

May have to try some of these as a cheaper alternative! :D Thanks for sharing :)

...I haven't tried Linda McCartneys stuff for years. 10 or 15 or so years back I found it vile, almost 'too meaty', and can't bear the thought of the stuff nowadays! lol

...I haven't tried Linda McCartneys stuff for years. 10 or 15 or so years back I found it vile, almost 'too meaty', and can't bear the thought of the stuff nowadays! lol

Thats why I said everyone has different tastes. I haven't eaten meat/fish for over 20 years so don't even remember what meaty tastes like.

Ive been a vegetarian for nearly 26 years and I can honestly say I really love quorn, the only bit of their range I don't like are the lamb cutlets. I know a friend of mine isn't too keen on the mince and she sprays it with Buttery Frylight before using and says that really improves the flavour.

You have to be careful using supermarkets own brand versions of quorn as some of them have syns, for example the Asda meatfree mince has syns but the quorn doesn't.

The swedish style meatballs are free (or v low in syns) and are GORGEOUS in pasta with a tomato and basil sauce!

Totally agree with this! And yes, they're free! We do them in a bolognese-style sauce (tomato, onion, garlic, basil, oregano), serve them on a pile of spaghetti with some parmesan sprinkled over the top (1.5 syns per tbsp or use as a HexA). They're fabulous :)

I also really like the frozen southern style burgers, which are 2.5 syns each - great with beans and syn free chips :)

i love Quorn bramley apple sausages with sweet potato chips and baked beans. feel a bit quilty when eating it because it tastes so good :)

thanks Quorn info

bumped for newbies to SW like me! Thanks this is great info

I haven't tried that many quorn products other than the burgers and sausages to be honest but i'm tempted to try some more after reading this thread.

Will wait till back in UK though as you have to take out a loan to afford products like that here in Cyprus! You're looking at £6 for a bag of quorn mince.

Back