Quotes Database

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Isis, had the idea of a quote Database.

I’ve seen it before but didn’t know what to do with it beyond "funny" quotes.

But she gave me the idea of wisdom quotes.

You can submit a "Post" as a quote, by clicking the
submit.gif
button. This will bring you to a page asking you to submit the quote.

Fill out the forum and submit the quote.

A link to the quotes is in the navbar, "quotes!!(new)". Quotes are moderated before they are public.

Once you are on the quotes system, you can add a quote by clicking "Add quote". Which can be a famous quote, or anything at all. :)

Pierce

Great to see this at the top of the page this afternoon Pierce!! :)

Off to have a proper gander at it,

Lacey :D

Also guys, I did make a suggestion to Mini and Pierce that maybe members would be happy to paste their post from "What Makes Minimins a Great Place for You" thread onto the quotes thread for new and old members to see:)

That's of course if you previously have posted on "What Makes Minimins a Great Place For You" thread!!!!:D:D:D

Another great idea guys - I did wonder what the new button was for, actually went off and investigate before I pressed it lol

oooooh you cautious girlie you....lol I just pressed it!!!! Lord i would be no good left in charge of nuclear weapons would I?....:eek::D

:rotflmao: Possibly not Isis right enough ;)

I bet you touch paint at a Wet Paint sign too - just to check ;)

lol....Sandy, you really know me too well.....;):D:D:D

Calling all Miniminers....:D

Pierce has just added a "members quotes" to the new Quotes section we have. Thank you Pierce :)

This is an opportunity for all of us to submit our own mantras,affirmations prayers, quotes and personal sayings, if we want to.:)

Something extra and unique, not by other authors but by any of us in our community. I believe and hope that this can be something we can all dip into when we need that extra hug, kick ass or "deep" thought and reflection about our own journey. Especially, late at night I think.

Lots of us use amazing quotes in our signatures all the time and I know they are not all written by someone else, but ourselves.

I said to Pierce last night that if I put myself in the shoes of a new member, I personally,would be heading straight for the inspirational photos thread and a quotes by members thread, as a start. I would want to read a bit about what keeps them going and what this site gives them. Do you agree?

If I put myself in my shoes as I am tonight, I would still be heading for the same threads if I felt I needed to keep my affirmations topped up and gain more inspiration and insight from other members. It's an ongoing journey isn't it?

Sometimes it's just that one sentence that can save someone. Deep but true.

Looking forward to reading some of our members own personal quotes and thank you all for taking the time to read this.:)

Lacey x

So if I want to submit a quote, can I use the submit button at the bottom of anyones message and delete the text box, or is there another submit button hiding somewhere?

So if I want to submit a quote, can I use the submit button at the bottom of anyones message and delete the text box, or is there another submit button hiding somewhere?

Hiya KD,

From my understanding you can click the submit button at the bottom of any post and it will bring you to the quotes page to submit if you want.
Alternatively, if you want to submit your own personal quote or an author that you like, then click on the "Quotes" tab at the top of our home page and then select "add a quote"

Hope this makes sense:confused:

Lacey :)

Thanks Lacey. I've submitted a couple but they are both white, rather than blue/white or white/blue. Not that it matters. Just want to submit a load more and wonder if I'm doing it right.

Well...the quotes have come up anyway, so I guess it worked :)

Thanks Lacey. I've submitted a couple but they are both white, rather than blue/white or white/blue. Not that it matters. Just want to submit a load more and wonder if I'm doing it right.

Well...the quotes have come up anyway, so I guess it worked :)

Thanks for doing that KD....:D

Hi Pierce

Is there any way to submit/suggest corrections to quotes e.g. if someone attributes a quote to 'anonymous' and you know who actually said it?

Back