*Race For Life 2009*

Wish, how can you feel stupid when you're saving people's lives?

I know what you are saying, but don't forget with being big there comes a bit of a stigma for some people and I am not very confident, I would just feel more confident if I wasn't doing it alone.

I know what you are saying, but don't forget with being big there comes a bit of a stigma for some people and I am not very confident, I would just feel more confident if I wasn't doing it alone.

Fair enough hun, i've always been quite confident so tend to always think people will be the same as me lol.
Well, find a buddy and you'll be all set!!

I've updated the first post with some new information xx

Thanks B:)xx

Do you have to pay to run? All Pauls runs you have to pay for lol
x

Hey Wish - I feel exactly the same as you. I know it is for a very worthy cause but my lack of self confidence / esteem always seems to win in such circumstances. Hopefully I will change all that this year. Unfortunately Liverpool is too far for me - I am in Cambridgeshire - otherwise I would have met with you for it! Good luck with it all. x

I did it with my group last year and we raised loads. Two of my members were undergoing treatment for breast cancer at the time so it had special significance for us all. It was the best day ever, we went round at our own pace and really felt we'd achieved something, especially some of the members who never believed they could get round the course. Highly recommended! PS Both members now have the all clear.

i should be doing the heaton park one as always and will be walking so if anyone needs a buddy because they dont want to do it alone then they can walk with me we could have a mini's mob !
Its a bit hilly but not that bad and although ive done it for a few years I wont storm off and leave ya!

shouldnt be as hard this year with my challenge lol

I am a survivor of Ovarian Cancer which they call the Silent Killer as usually by the time you find out you have got this one it is too late as there is no way to detect it. It was explained to me how lucky I was as the symptoms that usually people present with are the secondaries and by then it has spread too far.
I think I should really do this! Going to register for details and see where the events are

I agree with the feeling self conscious part of it (especially since my race buddy is a size 8) but just think.... if it's more effort to do the race being larger than you'd like then you should be even more proud of yourself for doing it. It's a worthy cause for someone who runs as hobby but if it truly takes a lot for you to do it then it really is a selfless act x

My friend is also a size 8 but I don't really mind, just walk it...there will probabley be loads of other big ladies there (like me :)).
So, I say go for it! I'm definatley going to the one in london and I'm big and very unfit. It's a worthy cause to push embarsment aside for, we've got one life might as well make it count.

AH! I love you.

You have the completely right attitude, well done missus!!! xx

The mate Im doing with is 6'1 and a size 10! I dont give a toss either! Shes my best mate has bn for 16years and I aint letting our weights, shapes and size affect me!
Dont get me wrong she a bean but I am prob fitter than her lol
x

Normally Hyde Park do one?

Come Blackheath - Im doing there with friend :)x

iM DOING fRIDAY AS WAITING TO SEE IF MY FRIEND IS PREG :/ All very long but we have been waiting nearly 2 weeks as hossie being di*ks?!
x

ooh i am gonna wait for my sisters and mother dearest to come home to pick the best date!
Who else has signed up?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys,

As some of you know, i'm doing the Race For Life this year, as i do every year.

Cancer Research is a cause very close to my heart as i was orphaned at 16 when i lost both my mother and grandmother to this horrid disease.
Cancer not only stole my family away from me, but it took my childhood too. If my find raising can stop just one child from going through what i had to, then i know my mum and nan will be smiling down on me. And i know they are with me, every step of the way.

I Race For Life because i don't believe any child should grow up without their parents, i don't believe anyone should be without their siblings and i strongly believe that together we can beat cancer.

Thank you so very much.

Britt xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back