*Race For Life 2009*

Are we still making a race for life team? I will be doing the Sunderland run on may 10th

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

cant wait have already started training!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be returning the sponsorship on Friday abi m'love xx

I'm hoping to do the one in Rhyl on May 31st, but am skint at the moment, so cant enter, but hopefully there will still be spaces when i get paid :)

I registered yesterday for the one at holme pierpont in nottingham on 26th July. I'm determined to jog the course this time around. I lost my Grandad to lung cancer 2 years ago and my mum got the all clear from peritoneal cancer last year...so many reasons to race & what a fantastic cause to do it for. Also fantastic motivation to get fit & lose those extra lbs!! Good luck to everyone who decides to take part!! x

I would like to do this, I lost my sis in law to cancer age 17:cry: Trouble is I have no-one to do this with, anyone else doing the Liverpool one?

wish are u still gonna do it?? if so which one, i live in dovecot so could do liverpool north / south or knowsley.. how about you? im gonna register when i get paid at the weekend... i must be mad, im 20 odd stone for god sake, but it will give me an aim... may try and enlist some girls from class as all my best mates wont do it and the one who would has emigrated!!!!
i must be mad but i really wanna do it!!
nic x

I will be doing it at City of London this year...I think people are getting abit annoyed at me constantly asking for sponsors but its all for a good cause!!!

Looks like more of this :whacky068: for me...

Right I have done it!

Blackheath 5th July at 10.30am!

Feel free to sponsor - I will sponsor you all too (when I canget some pennies together but defo b4 the race :))

WoooooWoooo!! xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Im doing that race TJ! I aint got no pack yet!
x

I have just signed up for the Leeds Temple Newsam Race For Life on the 5th of July at 10:30am. I have done Race for Life once before a few years back now though and am aware it is going to be a challenge. Especially seen as at the minute I am in excess of 20 stone plus I have bad arthritis. Least I have a few months to prepare and hopefully get under the 20 stone mark.

I'm training for race for life!
Ran the 5k in 43mins yesterday, was very pleased, but every time I run it I am going to try to shave 1 minute off, see how far I get!

Hey Everyone,

I'm sure everyone here knows about the Race For Life, for those who don't-
Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life began in 1994 to raise funds for the charity’s pioneering work to help beat cancer.
It is now the biggest women-only fundraising event in the UK, with every pound raised in sponsorship going towards furthering our ground-breaking work. This includes the scientists, doctors and nurses who work tirelessly to find new treatments for the disease.
Taking part
Race for Life events are open to women of all levels of fitness. There is no prize for first place and almost half the participants choose to walk the course.
Last year, 665,000 women took part in 280 venues across the UK between May and July. This year, Cancer Research UK hopes even more women take part.

Basically, every one of us have either been touched by cancer, or knows someone who has. For those who don't know about me, i sadly lost my grandmother and my mother to cancer before i was 16. I was orphaned because of this terrible disease and i take part in the Race For Life every year to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I thought i'd start a thread about the Race For Life 2009 because registration opens this month at www.raceforlife.org, i hope loads of you sign up and sponsor your friends.

I also think it's a fantastic motivation to get moving and a bit more fit, i walked it last year but if i hadn't trained i woudln't have made it around the course!

I want to know who's with me, who's going to sign up and we can use this thread as a HQ for all Race for Life goings on!

Together we can beat cancer!

Update - I have heard on the grapevine you will be able to register for the Race For Life 2009 from the 19th January 2009 by visiting www.raceforlife.org or calling 08716412282

Brittany xxxxxxxx

Slimming World Team

Brittany (qualitybrittany) - Maidstone.

Hi Brittany,

I'm back (finally) and saw this thread. I've just started training for this as I want to run it. Hopefully I'll be doing it at Blackheath - same as Claire...

How are you?
x

And TJ!

Yes Im def doing there!
x

I've also signed up - what's everyone doing to prepare for the 5 km?

I've started to walk faster and further in the gym on the treadmill and want to start outdoor training soon!

I'm running it here in Bristol in June...as for preparation, I am training for my own indoor rowing marathon (42km) in August and I run on the road when I can (about 15 miles per week, more some weeks) as well as run on the treadmill as part of my octathalon (May 2nd) training (I work out at the gym 5 days per week for an hour or so)...I also train with a personal trainer (have been doing so since April last year) once every two weeks...not sure what time I can complete it in yet, as have never timed myself running...also mountain bike once a week for 2 - 3 hours...

Am also planning to do some 5km runs soon in Weston Super Mare to see how well I do...

Back