Race for Life

Vodkamonster

Hi!!
I did the Race for Life yesterday and am so chuffed with myself I just had to come on here and brag a little! :D heehee!

I completed it in 30 minutes!!! :party0049: A whole 10 minutes faster than my previous time!!!! And I was struggling with a cold! I was shocked when I rounded the last corner and saw the clock just turn to 30 mins!! :eek: I nearly cried! - And I'm not a cryie person!!!

It just goes to show what some weight loss and exercise / training can do for you!! :winner:

If anyone else is taking part this year - GOOD LUCK! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :D

well done, great beating your last time goal. well done x

That's wonderful, well done. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
I'm doing it in July and really looking forward to it - it's a great atmosphere!

Ace! Well done? How much training did you do? Mine is soon and training has tailed off considerably! Eek

Thanks guys!:grouphugg:

Hellie - I followed a 6 week 5k beginners training plan that I found on the internet. Training 2-3 times a week for the first few weeks. However I got up to the level of run 5 mins / walk 3 mins and maintained that for the last 2 or 3 weeks, didn't feel I could increase at the rate the plan did! Until Race day and I just went for it!! :bliss:

Good luck!

Great work! I was following a couch-5k plan but haven't been as dedicated as I need to be...better get my training back up.

Well done :D

well done im so jealous, i am training and doing really bad

Me too

I did the race for life yesterday too, took a little longer, 44 mins but in honestly I did literally NO training for it so am quite pleased. Well done to you for doing it in such a fantastic time!

x

Oh well done, that's a great acheivement for you and with a cold too, what a Star you are, Congratulations..

well done, would u mind posting a link to the training plan u followed?

I am doing race for life on july 19th and am starting training this week. I will be walking it, but want to get ready! I haven't really excerised in years and am bit scared.

I have worked out 2 places that are 2.5k apart on the seafront by me, and will walk from one to other then back again. no idea how long it will take me!!

Also no idea what to wear!

x

Back