Rachella's diary - I'm on the 'home straight'!

Rachella

Silver Member
I'm 6 months into my slimming world journey... and it's started to get HARD! This is the main reason I've started to do this diary.

I got my stone and a half award last week and I have a remaining half a stone to lose until I'm at target. I'd like to be at target by Easter but that may be a bit ambitious!

If anyone else is on the 'home straight' like me then it'd be good to hear from you and get some tips because I am starting to become really naughty... I've not been doing SW seriously recently and I need to focus to get this last half stone off!

My WI is tonight and I know I've gained this week - big indulgent weekend in Manchester didnt help, nor did the big jacket P I had an hour ago!

Last edited:
Had my WI last night and stayed the same - which I am thrilled about after my naughty weekend!

It's weird coz only last week I was thinking to myself that in the 6 months I have done SW, I have never STS! So this week is my first time at STS!

So really need to focus this week! Easier said than done!

Will be going to boxercise again on Saturday morning, it nearly made me pass out the last time I did it but it was enjoyable in an insane way!

Also want to go swimming again this week - back before New Year I was going swimming twice a week so it would be nice to do that again, maybe not twice a week as not got the time now.

Well done on a STS. I have a diary as i need to keep on the straight an narrow and go off plan.
Good luck for 100% week xx

Congrats on the stone and a half award, that's ace! I'm not quite on the home straight, but I've just got past half way, which I'm really pleased with. My thing now is that I want to become more active, but not sure where to start. I had a notion of going out cycling, but on speaking to my dad, my bike from childhood is rusted to hell and ready for the dump... I don't want to buy a new one. I can go walking/running, but I find that a little boring tbh and my job means I can't be consistent with going to classes every week...

On the food side, I'm never consistent... I'm ok with the actual meals and things, except when I'm going out at the weekend, I make up for my booze intake by not eating much at all the next day... I know it's not right, but it seems to work for me... Also if I get out of my routine, the food side goes wrong, like today I had to go to a meeting for work, so was up at half 5 to get there. Got there about half 8 and was starving... And all that was on offer was tunnock's tea cakes... whats a girl to do?! However, I know I can pull it back if I really want to, and I will do my best over the weekend.;)

thanks for your kind words of support Maverick and Gemma :)

This week I lost 1 pound! Yaaaaaay! though I was hoping for a little bit more as I have done soooo much exercise (I totted up about 5 hours at least) but by the weekend I'd stopped writing things down so I had let the syns slide a bit... which isnt good... I know that if I'd kept myself in check syn wise then I could have lost 2 pounds! I've only myself to blame...

I did ask my bf to check my food diary each day to make sure I was sticking to plan but he never reminded me and I didnt remind him either, but sometimes I feel I need his support without having to go out of my way to ask for it!

This week I VOW to write my food diary every day. I think the only hitch to my week will be the weekend because my bf is going away all w-end to play golf so I'll be at home and I just have to be tough with myself whenever I feel I'm about to have a weak moment! I find that when no one's around I get naughty and syn like maaaad, anyone else find this?

I went to boxercise again last Saturday and played badminton on Sunday (both with my bf), which I really enjoyed! I said to bf that this is like a new phase in our relationship - after 4 years together we are taking exercise TOGETHER for the first time and it is sooo much fun! I can't believe my change in attitude - I used to hate exercise.

I know my stamina is already sooo much better - I got a stepper at Christmas and I was managing just 1000 steps in one session and then I was really out of breath and ached the next day. Now I can do 5000 in one go and NOT ache!

I stayed at group this week after WI and got some great tips about how to manage my sun intake. My consultant talked about creating a 'syn box' and syphoning off 40 syns from my weekly syn count and puttinf the 'syns' in the box, but for things like sauce and wine etc that wouldnt be easy to put in a box (!) she suggested I make little tokens for myself and put them in the box. I'll give it a try!

Oooh another exciting thing - I just went to the NHS website to work out my BMI and it's 22.8! Wow! I'm no longer 23 which I'd been hovering at for a few weeks!

Last edited:
Well done on loosing this week thats better then nothing each 1lb will amount up.
How has your week been so far? xx

So far this week - I've been bad because I drank faaaar too much on the weekend! And have been very hungover all day Sunday and it even lingered on into Monday! Shame on me!

HOWEVER I have done 2 spinning classes at my local leisure centre over the last 3 days which is a first for me! I'd never done spinning before and had heard horror stories of how knackering it is buuuuut I mananged it just fine!!!! I love spinning! And the classes go so quickly!

Basically its a room full of exercise bikes and everyone cycles to music - there's an instructor at the front on a bike shouting ecouragment and she tells you when to get up off the saddle so sometimes you stand up on the peddles to cycle so it works you a bit harder. And you are also told when to turn up the resistance on your bike etc! It's hard work but really satisfying by the end!

Basically its a room full of exercise bikes and everyone cycles to music - there's an instructor at the front on a bike shouting ecouragment and she tells you when to get up off the saddle so sometimes you stand up on the peddles to cycle so it works you a bit harder. And you are also told when to turn up the resistance on your bike etc! It's hard work but really satisfying by the end!

Ohh sounds good might look up if they do it near me.

i was going to ask what a spinning class was!!! it sounds cool i wonder if they do it at my gym.... good luck this week hun
xxx

Back