RachelS - Its been a long time!

Quitting smoking is hard so i want to wish you good luck, i went cold turkey when i found out i was pregnant and it was hard but worth it - i think i save about 35 quid a week!
Think of the clothes - you could put your fag money in a pot and have it as a wardrobe allowence!
I should do! I only smoke about 10 a day but even so, thats still a good saving!
Well done you!!

Hey honey, I was on 20 a day about 4 months ago! I was going to bed and waking up struggling to breath and coughing! When it was really quiet at night I was wheezing away and I always felt the kids in school were sniggering when I was doing the dont smoke lesson..(could have been a bit paranoid there!lol)
Anyway, I decided to give up (partly cause it was bucketing down and I didnt want to go out and buy more) I tried to imagine the smoke going in through my mouth and down into my lungs and the damage it did. It really worked for me, I have smoked since I was about 15 and didnt think I would ever give up! Tried so many times before!
I was beginning to eat loads to compensate, so 2 weeks after I stopped, I joined Weight watchers....the rest as they say is history!! lol!
Anyway...When I stopped I opened up an ISA on line, so you can see the money going in. I put in £35 a week which is what I would have spend on ciggies.....with their savings rate I will save almost £5000 in two and a half years!! How mental is that!!!
You should do it honey, if I can leave ciggies and choc behind then ANYONE can!!

Hiya hun. Well done for taking the step to quit smoking and I wish you all the best. You can do it.

Anyway...When I stopped I opened up an ISA on line, so you can see the money going in. I put in £35 a week which is what I would have spend on ciggies.....with their savings rate I will save almost £5000 in two and a half years!! How mental is that!!!
You should do it honey, if I can leave ciggies and choc behind then ANYONE can!!

Do you know what? I think I might just do that, Im not sure but I think it'll be about £21 a week or thereabouts? If I dont put it aside then it would just be swallowed up anyway I think.
Well done you on giving up! I am quite apprehensive on one hand as I dont want to eat to compensate but I dont want to smoke anymore, I need to start exercising and I get out of breath going up the stairs, something I know isnt down to the weight I carry!
Onwards and upwards eh?!

I get out of breath going up the stairs, something I know isnt down to the weight I carry!
Onwards and upwards eh?!

ha ha! me too...I can run up the stairs in school now and not be gasping for my life at the top! Its great! I always put it down to being overweight tho, cause obv thought smoking wouldnt do ME any harm! You will feel absolutely crap for a week or so but then you'll feel great! :D

Hi Rach

Hope you can give em up. Try your GP for Champix - my trusty side kick has gasped her last and kicked her 45-50 a day habit on it much to my relief as I need her to run round the surgery instead of me!!

Just a suggestion

M

Just popping in to wish you a Happy New Year :) Good luck with your new years resolution - you really will make you feel healthier and happier xxx

ha ha! me too...I can run up the stairs in school now and not be gasping for my life at the top! Its great! I always put it down to being overweight tho, cause obv thought smoking wouldnt do ME any harm! You will feel absolutely crap for a week or so but then you'll feel great! :D
I know but Im going to be chomping on satsumas and doing as much exercise as I can cope with to get all those feel good endorphin thingies zipping about!!
Have a happy new year by the way Jen!! x

Hi Rach

Hope you can give em up. Try your GP for Champix - my trusty side kick has gasped her last and kicked her 45-50 a day habit on it much to my relief as I need her to run round the surgery instead of me!!

Just a suggestion

M

Thanks, but what is Champix? I got all excited there thinking it was champagne, haha!! Ive managed to stop before on my own so hopefully I'll manage that this time, but if not I'll definately be up for some extra help/support!

Happy New Year as well!!!:D

2009 - Please god let it be a good one!!

Firstly, Happy New Year everyone, hope you're all well and not nursing huge hangovers?!
Im sitting here in my pjs, just had my ww toast and rhubarb & ginger jam (4p) and am feeling, well..... miserable.
Its not really a big deal in the grand scale of things, I texted loads of friends New Year messages and got none back apart from 1 this morning. So ok, I had texts well early from 3 of my mates but Im just feeling hard done by!
I actually think its the lack of nicotine thats making me grumpy as hell!! Bang on midnight last night, I took a last puff, stubbed it out and then promptly ripped up the remaining 2 and threw them and my lighter in the bin.
So long as I keep myself occupied I think I should be fine! Just try to stop myself from biting peoples heads off! :8855:
So. Has anyone got a New Year resolution then, apart from the obvious determination to stick weightloss thingy out?!

Happy New Year Rach. Well done for binning all your cigs, its the best new year start you can give yourself. Having the same problem to... no one texting my back. Maybe everyone's a bit hangover still. Have a lovely evening and no biting off of no ones heads..lol

Happy new year Hun
well done on giving up the cigs,very proud of you is hard to give something like that up.
Be happy your doing well :)

~Happy New Year~ ........... and well done on the stopping smoking xxx

Happy New Year Rach. Well done for binning all your cigs, its the best new year start you can give yourself. Having the same problem to... no one texting my back. Maybe everyone's a bit hangover still. Have a lovely evening and no biting off of no ones heads..lol
Im trying hard not to believe me!! Seriously tho, Ive been ok, couple of cravings but nowt drastic, so if it keeps like that then great!!
Did get a couple of texts again this afternoon so I feel slightly better. Hope you have a great evening too Keisha, everything good with you? x

Back