RachelS - Its been a long time!

Evening classes are a great way to get out and meet people - I did a creative writing class a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

There are still a few nice blokes out there - I was 41 when I finally met Keith and my son said to me, "Mum, congratulations on finally not getting together with a w****r". I found my perfect man once I stopped looking, funnily enough. He has been in a difficult relationship in the past as well so knows what it's like to a certain extent.

We're still in the first flush of youth and 40 is the new 30 :D

Evening classes are a great way to get out and meet people - I did a creative writing class a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.
There are still a few nice blokes out there - I was 41 when I finally met Keith and my son said to me, "Mum, congratulations on finally not getting together with a w****r". I found my perfect man once I stopped looking, funnily enough. He has been in a difficult relationship in the past as well so knows what it's like to a certain extent.

We're still in the first flush of youth and 40 is the new 30 :D
Good, theres hope for me yet!! Tbh, Im not looking right now, but I kinda hope that when I will that there is a nice one!

Good on kids for telling it like it is eh?! :8855:

Back to work - Bah Humbug!

Couldnt be bothered getting up this morning at all cos I slept so badly last night. Went to bed at 9.00 last night to avoid the cake demons!!
Bar the xmas cake demons, I havent found the last 2 days that bad. I made the Lentil soup that was in the WW mag this week and it was lush!!
Whats everyone doing for New Years? Any plans? My mum is back up again but Im on ruddy call at work so no drinkies for me :mad:, ah well, maybe thats a good thing eh?

Just popping by to express solidarity as I have returned to work too. Everyone is grumpy and doesn't want to be here except the patients of course who think we had a nerve having any time off at Xmas.

Not doing anything for New Year yet but something might come out of the woodwork

have a good day

M

i have some lovely recipes for non-alcoholic cocktails if you would like them :) xxx

Hiya hun, hope the time at work flies by. Hope your ok otherwise. Nothing planned for New Year at the moment. No parties go to :(. If Ariana is much better by then, we'll have a family day out at Tumble in the Jungle.

Hiya hun, hope the time at work flies by. Hope your ok otherwise. Nothing planned for New Year at the moment. No parties go to :(. If Ariana is much better by then, we'll have a family day out at Tumble in the Jungle.

That sounds like a lovely idea Keisha, my 2 used to love that sort of thing!

Just popping by to express solidarity as I have returned to work too. Everyone is grumpy and doesn't want to be here except the patients of course who think we had a nerve having any time off at Xmas.

Not doing anything for New Year yet but something might come out of the woodwork

have a good day

M

Its the same here, a lot of the companies nearby are off until next week, we arent busy and all I want to do is go home!!! Ah well, 2 more days and then Im off again!

can express sympathy with the work thing but not solidarity as I don't go back till mid-Jan (joy of being self-employed I guess but don't get paid so there is a down side)

Well done on you loss before Christmas - great boost.

New Years eve will be quiet in our house. OH in hospital tomorrow for minor op (but general anaethestic (sp?)) so out on NYE.

Little girls 9th birthday new years day so having a family day then

I love strong coffee!!

I love strong coffee, I treated myself to a large bag of proper strong ground coffee for work and its fab, my head is zinging!! Who needs drugs when you have caffeine?!! Ok ok, so its a drug also but you know what I mean!!
Sitting in work at the moment and its so quiet, why the need us to be in I dont know, suppose on the bright side Im getting paid for it but Id still prefer to be off!
Re the strong coffee, I suppose Id better get a teeth whitening kit, what with that and the 10 or less cigs I smoke a day my teeth are gonna get stained, yuck!
Decided this morning that I am going to attempt giving up smoking after New Years as I have noticed the effects on my health of late and whats the point in trying to get healthy etc if I am still polluting my body with toxins? (can you tell Im trying to convince myself?)
ST (stroppy teen) at work is kicking off at the other side of the room, she's trying to get me to let her go home early just cos the boss isnt here. Does she think Im a soft touch like him? (Cue evil laughter) A-ha ha ha!! :8855:
Ah well, back to the drawing board so to speak! Speak later x​

ahaha go Rach! :D hope you have a good day at work - i'm there 11-4 today which will be torture as no-one has money to shop in january and the hours between 10 and 5 are always deathly quiet..

are you joining a team for the New Year challenges? :) x

Thats a good thought I've got a coffee maker here somewhere I'll see if it buzzes me up as like yourself I could do with it. The surgery is buzzing alright but its the type of buzzing you could do without as it starts moans all round as all the staff wanted to ease down after the pre-christmas mania.

Hope your day gets better Rach

M

Decided this morning that I am going to attempt giving up smoking after New Years as I have noticed the effects on my health of late and whats the point in trying to get healthy etc if I am still polluting my body with toxins? (can you tell Im trying to convince myself?)

Good luck with the giving up smoking. My mum did recently, she smoked loads and she used the patches for a few days then found as long as she kept busy (sewing and stuff) then she didnt need them, she's now hit 5 months!:) She no longer coughs her guts up, the house smells fresher and she is saving money. You go for it girl:)

Hope work is okay for you and that the day passes quickly xx

ahaha go Rach! :D hope you have a good day at work - i'm there 11-4 today which will be torture as no-one has money to shop in january and the hours between 10 and 5 are always deathly quiet..

are you joining a team for the New Year challenges? :) x
Poor you! We have been surprisingly busy today, I work for a courier company and it seems that everyone is trying to ship all they have before New Years Eve!
I havent seen a thread for New Year challenges, but I'll have a look for one and maybe join, have you?

Thats a good thought I've got a coffee maker here somewhere I'll see if it buzzes me up as like yourself I could do with it. The surgery is buzzing alright but its the type of buzzing you could do without as it starts moans all round as all the staff wanted to ease down after the pre-christmas mania.

Hope your day gets better Rach

M

Have some, it works a treat!! Things have got busier here but I like it that way, the day is passing quicker although ST is moping around saying she's bored, try doing some work then love!!!
Looks like tomorrow will be just as busy so thats good. How long are you off til after tomorrow?

Good luck with the giving up smoking. My mum did recently, she smoked loads and she used the patches for a few days then found as long as she kept busy (sewing and stuff) then she didnt need them, she's now hit 5 months!:) She no longer coughs her guts up, the house smells fresher and she is saving money. You go for it girl:)

Hope work is okay for you and that the day passes quickly xx

Good on your Mum!! I had stopped for 2yrs prior to May this year but the day I left my ex and moved into the refuge I started again. I think its served its purpose tho, its def time to give up. Only bought enough to last me til tomorrow night anyway and given that our shop nearby will be closed, it'll be a good start.
Work is busy today thank goodness and going very quickly so it'll be home time before I know it!
Hope all is well with you today?;)

Quitting smoking is hard so i want to wish you good luck, i went cold turkey when i found out i was pregnant and it was hard but worth it - i think i save about 35 quid a week!
Think of the clothes - you could put your fag money in a pot and have it as a wardrobe allowence!

Back