Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi angel, so glad the observation went well :D So proud of you - Omi wants you to be her teacher although I did explain that you'd probably be even stricter on her than everyone else :p Hope you managed to have your early night. Take care xxx

On a side note. In Scotland we don't have year 12 and year 8, so what ages are they?

Year 8 is second year of secondary level, so they're 12-13 years old. Year 12 is first year of non compulsory education (sixth form) so they're 16-17 years old. Some of the girls have PILED on the weight (very much like i did - and i didnt have any positive healthy role models at college) and i just think encouraging them to do something more active will be a good thing. Got two girls who i would easily peg at 18/19 stone, 3 or 4 about my size at 14/15 stone and a few others who are just unactive (but still skinny.. obviously not caught them up yet ;) :p)

Hi angel, so glad the observation went well :D So proud of you - Omi wants you to be her teacher although I did explain that you'd probably be even stricter on her than everyone else :p Hope you managed to have your early night. Take care xxx

cheers - half 9 i was in bed and i'm still shattered! :p x

I am exhausted just reading all that. I didn't realise that you taught such varied age and ability groups when you were just learning - that must be tough to keep all that content in your head and switch between them.

What is ICT and is that the only (well I say only.....) subject you teach?

Well done on the 2.5lbs - that's great. Bet you have no time to eat!

Glad the observation went well. It all seems like such hard work, but sounds like you're enjoying it! :) x

I am exhausted just reading all that. I didn't realise that you taught such varied age and ability groups when you were just learning - that must be tough to keep all that content in your head and switch between them.

What is ICT and is that the only (well I say only.....) subject you teach?

Well done on the 2.5lbs - that's great. Bet you have no time to eat!

Information Communication Technology - the use of computers and their software basically. You're probably right.. i have no time anymore to eat all the time! :p

Glad the observation went well. It all seems like such hard work, but sounds like you're enjoying it! :) x

I am but i am shattered. Today my 10's was awful due to my sh*t planning and delivery, but my 8y4 was fantastic and my classroom management was brilliant if i do say so myself - however, the supply covering for Mrs Davidson (who was sick, so didnt see the brilliant lesson :( ) would not hand me the reigns (which she was supposed to - its one of my timetabled lessons) so i felt like hitting her over the head with the hole punch! :mad: grrrrr!

food for today:

B - oatsosimple apple and blueberry (3)
L - 2 slices bread (3) philadelphia light (1) lettuce (0)
T - 1/2bag quorn (2.5) half jar sainsburys basics sweet and sour sauce (2) peppers, onions (0) 60g bulgar wheat (3)
S - wotsits big eat 34g (2.5) curlywurly (2.5)

total: 19.5 points

been in the fitness suite setting a good example to the Year 12's today too - running on the treadmill! bearing in mind it was for like.. 2 minutes or something! :p wasnt as long as i thought it would be but 20mins better than nothing :D

AP earned: 1

Last edited:
All sounds to be going great Rach and hopefully you will get less tired as you get into it, but hopefully you will never loose that enthusiasm that you demonstrate today in bucketloads. Good on you

M

Sounds like it's going fab there hun and well done on the running. Need to get my bum to the gym next week!

Menu sounds lovely as always

Have a lovely evening hun

xx

ps you're doing so fab :D

All sounds great Rach and well done on the crowd control - my Mum's been teaching for years and still grapples with repeated surprise that teenagers don't want to sit still and pay attention!! xx

All sounds good! :D

i Take my hat off to you Rachael, even in primary school i prefer Ks1 to Ks2 but even they can be cheeky little monkeys!!-someone reported a year 1 boy to me (so age 5 or 6) for being in the girls loos and when i questioned him about it,it was cos there's no mirror in the boys' and he needed to check his hair. Somehow i kept a straight face!!

i Take my hat off to you Rachael, even in primary school i prefer Ks1 to Ks2 but even they can be cheeky little monkeys!!-someone reported a year 1 boy to me (so age 5 or 6) for being in the girls loos and when i questioned him about it,it was cos there's no mirror in the boys' and he needed to check his hair. Somehow i kept a straight face!!

haha :) I love my KS3's more than KS4 /5. Not that i dont like 4's and 5's but i feel like i could still be in school at GCSE / AS level.. so i find it more difficult to build that adult persona that i need to have with them! :p i love the excuses that they all come up with though - fantastic!

Ah, new fangled stuff then that ICT - not for an old fart like me.....

dont be silly - old farts like you can do ICT ;) only kidding!

Morning Miss :eek::):D
Going great at school Rach,hats off to ya.
Well done on your weightloss this week,have a lovely day x

thanks Fuzzy :)

morning everyone :)

went over points yesterday - treated myself to proper spaghetti bolognese with real lean minced beef (i had about 1/2lb of it too! :p) so my daily points were:

B - oatsosimple apple and blueberry (3)
L - 2 slices bread (3) 30g dairylea light (1) lettuce, tomato (0) apple (0.5)
T - 1/2lb lean minced beef (10) carrot, celery, onion, pepper, oxo cube, mixed herbs, tomatoes (0) 60g pasta (3)
S - 8 crabsticks (2.5) 4 ryvita crackerbread (1) 60g philadelphia light (2) cucumber (0)

total: 26 points

todays food:

B - 60g shreddies (3) 1/2pt alpro soya light (1)
L - sainsburys minestrone soup (2) 45g crusty bread bun (1.5) apple (0.5)
T - salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion (0) boiled egg (1.5) wafer thin ham (1)
S - 6 malibu and diet cokes (6)

leaving me plenty incase i get munchies :p

out for my mentors birthday tonight :)

Enjoy the malibu & cokes tonight,sounds like you need them after such a busy week! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back