Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough! :D did you find a primary job easy enough? i know loads of people who're struggling to find primary jobs :(

Well in Scotland you are guaranteed a job for a year so I am okay so far! This time next year may be a different story! Fingers crossed I will get a permanent post!

Is it ICT Teaching you are doing?

x

wow, wish they had that down here!

yeah, ICT for me :) loving it so far - look forward to going to bed so i can go back the next day.. not sure how long that will last though haha :D x

Lol - thats funny

I look forward to going to bed cos its breakfast the next day......................

aye i think that too Fitz! I keep thinking about my lunch and tea tomorrow - got tuna salad planned for lunch and beef curry for tea :D

Aww that is so good! I love it too, it really is such a rewarding job! My student year was so hard. It is so much more enjoyable this year! Did you go straight into your postgrad after your undergrad degree??

x

that was the original plan - started and 2 days later my mums depression took a massive divebomb and i ended up having to defer to look after her (she's bipolar, so was on massive highs and kept flying off to turkey every time i turned around.. remortgaging her house and taking out loans and stuff to do it - very bad times) so had a year out just working / surviving - mum was sorted out within 6 months and then i just had the other 6 to "prepare" to come back.. so of course i didnt LOL.. oops :p

but still, in comparison to most people on the course I'm still the youngest.. there are sooo many people coming in from working backgrounds rather than fresh graduates if you know what i mean :) really like the mix though - nice to meet new people :)

anyway, just posting tomorrows food:

B - 60g shreddies (3) 1/2pt soya milk (1)
L - 225g netto cottage cheese w/ chives and onion (3) lettuce, tomato, grated carrot (0) apple (0.5) salt and vinegar snack-a-jacks (1.5)
T - 1/4portion of slow cooked beef jalfrezi (7.5) (( whole recipe made with 550g beef casserole steak (24) jar jalfrezi sauce (4.5) water, tinned tomatoes, onion, mushroom (0) )) 60g bulgar wheat (3)
S - carrot and ginger soup (0)

total: 19.5 points

mmmmm yum dinner sounds good!!

xx

whole house smells like curry this morning.. so even though i love curry, not wholely pleased about that haha :D

looking forward to today - got a formal timetable for today which i'm pleased about :D and then tonight its Fame i think with my school tutor (shes going through a rough phase with family so asked her if she fancied cinema and food.. she said no to food (kinda good, kinda bad :p - stops me eating rubbish I suppose!) but hopefully we'll still be on for Fame at least.. if not I'm sure I'll find someone to come see that or Gamer :D MUST see Gamer.. love Gerard Butler!

Morning Rach

That Curry sounds lovely - will have to dig my slow cooker out and give it a try ... problem is I have no idea how the thing works lol

Hope you get to see Fame ... haven't even heard of Garner - shame on me!!

Twigs
xx

Hey twiggs my mum gave me a slow cooker with recipe book but its so flaming easy you just bung stuff in & switch on to low med or high & thats it!
simples!
xx

Hiya Rach
Hope you are well. Oooh sooo wana go see Fame this weekend. Lurve the old one so hoping the remake is just as good.
Ya I went back to college as mature student and was worried Id be like the oul wan in all the lectures but most people are in their 20s. Phew lol .

Enjoy the film
Cath xox

That curry sounds amazing! I want to make that now! Sounds like you had a bit of a rough time with your mum hun but seems like you've gotten through it - only makes you stronger!

xx

slow cookers are brill Twigs :) stick stuff in a pot and leave for hours - i normally either put mine on overnight or on a morning before i head out, and its done for when i get in.. easy! :D

food for today ended up being:

B - 60g shreddies (3) 1/2pt soya milk (1)
L - 225g netto cottage cheese w/ chives and onion (3) lettuce, tomato, grated carrot (0) apple (0.5) salt and vinegar snack-a-jacks (1.5)
T - 1/4portion of slow cooked beef jalfrezi (7.5) (( whole recipe made with 550g beef casserole steak (24) jar jalfrezi sauce (4.5) water, tinned tomatoes, onion, mushroom (0) )) 40g bulgar wheat (2)
S - carrot and ginger soup (0) sbury bgty chocolate trifle (2.5) 2 dark rye ryvita (1) egg mayonaise (2.5)

total: 24 points - slightly over but i'm happy with that :)

tomorrows plan:

B - 2 weetabix (2) 1/2pt soya light (1)
L - netto chunky beef and veg soup (3.5) slice 50/50 bread (1.5) apple (0.5) salt and vinegar snack-a-jacks (1.5)
T - 1/4ptn beef jalfrezi (7.5) 40g bulgar wheat (2)
S - carrot and ginger soup (0)

total: 19.5 points

That curry sounds amazing! I want to make that now! Sounds like you had a bit of a rough time with your mum hun but seems like you've gotten through it - only makes you stronger!

xx

cheers Katie! it wasnt as great as it sounds as i was too lazy to create the sauce properly. Got loads of quorn chicken though so think it'll be on the menu soon :D - took a leaf out of your book and have cooked up a batch of zero point soup - i'm a carrot and ginger fan myself although i'm thinking i might attempt to branch onto making a nice tomato and basil one :D x

Must make some zero point soup. great in the evening when the nibbles set in. Can I ask whats your recipe for the carrot and ginger soup? lol sounds a wierd question but like how much ginger is good? My carrot soup attempts never really taste of anything and so Id rather have choc so kinda defeats the purpose :rolleyes:

Thanks
Cath xox

original recipe is as so:

Ingredients
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
600g carrots, peeled and chopped
1 tsp ground ginger
1 litre vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
Method
Heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and carrots.
Cook for 4-5 minutes until the carrots start to soften and then stir in the ground ginger.
Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the stock and season well.
Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Liquidise until smooth.

however i obviously skip the sunflower oil and if i wasnt lazy would frylight the onions etc.. however I am much much lazier than that and I literally bung everything in a pan, add enough water to cover, bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes and blend.. i've made it so much that i rarely measure anything anymore - sometimes it comes out thick, sometimes not.. sometimes i put faarrrrr too much ginger in lol :D

turned out quite nice this time though :D

today I'm undecided on what I should wear.. think I might go monotone - my new long sleeve grey tee-jumper (too thin to be a REAL jumper i think :p) with my black pants and my new beautiful grey and gold pointed pumps :)

Todays outfit sounded lovely! I am obsessed with sorting outfits for school i think i may have ocd!

I love carrot and ginger soup, I have been making loads of all different kinds recently. Even made a zero point version of French onion which was lovely too!

Quorn is quite a good low point dinner! I make it a lot but my other half isn't so keen on it!

When do you get chance to take your first lesson?

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back