Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably made his day really - just didn't want to say so...

Sounds like the cooking gods have descended on you - not a fan of scotch eggs I have to say - why are they even called scotch eggs???Are they actually Scottish? - but yours did look like nice eggs. xxx

Probably not much more Scottish than taking an egg, wrapping it in meat and breadcrumbs and then deep frying it! (as Frankie Boyle would say)

Gosh I am so impressed by your scotch eggs and your presentation! It looks like the ones the Hairy Bikers made on tv Wednesday night! And thank you for sharing your conversation with your boss, I am still giggling! You are such a character, I'm sure he'll 'love' you too! Enjoy your curry - shame about the torte! xx

cheers all :)

well tonight was curry night - Matty stopped off at the greengrocers across from work and picked up an amazing array of chillies :)

really enjoyed it and feel like i've earned it after a 45min spinning class which earned me 7 activity points :D

loving the iTracker which I have downloaded for my iPhone - worth the money I paid for it I feel :)

food for today:

B - 3 slices toast (4) cottage cheese (1)
L - Greggs prawn mayonnaise salad w/ sweetcorn (4) multibag worcester sauce french fries (1) apple (0.5)
T - 1/4 chicken curry (2) full recipe made with 2 large chicken breasts (6) 150g carton total 0% fat yoghurt (1) 2 tins chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, spinach, 1 large "mild" chilli, 3 crushed garlic cloves, 2tsp basil, 2tsp oregano, 2tsp garam masala, 2tsp ground coriander, 2tsp ground cumin (0) and 80g brown rice (4)
S
- batchelors l.f. chicken soup (2) 4 crackerbread (1) Sainsburys BGTY hot choc pud (2.5) with 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (2)

total: 24 points :)

oh yes my friend - Rach is back on track :D

total:

morning all - freaking out big style today. Car in garage so without usual transport, I have my numeracy skills test this afternoon and i'm failing miserably at the mental arithmetic section on the online practice tests, and I cant find my photo id driving licence to even get in to sit the damn thing..

having a complete and utter meltdown moment and really need a hug :(

Last edited:
hhmmmm very strange as I have a ww calculator and it always comes out as 1.5 but then it also counts crunchies as 4 when the shop book maintains they are 3.5

My spreadsheet calculates it to 1.4 so rounded would be 1.5. Does that online calc do 1/2 points?

Rach, you will be fine. As my driving instructor said (many years ago but I still use it)"if you don't freak out before, you will freak out during"

Deep breaths hun, think happy thoughts!!!

cheers all :)
loving the iTracker which I have downloaded for my iPhone - worth the money I paid for it I feel :)
:

The phone or the itracker? i want an iphone but really don't think I can justify the costs (monthly costs not phone cost) for so little texts and minutes

morning all - freaking out big style today. Car in garage so without usual transport, I have my numeracy skills test this afternoon and i'm failing miserably at the mental arithmetic section on the online practice tests, and I cant find my photo id driving licence to even get in to sit the damn thing..

having a complete and utter meltdown moment and really need a hug :(

:hug99:
Why do you have to do a numeracy test?
Why is your car in the garage?
Why do idiot friends keep asking annoying questions?;)
Enough hugs yet?

Dont envy you doing anything maths related rach im so dumb with numbers!
You will be fine tho chuck! xx

*hug* from me. I hope you get all sorted out rach, got my fingers crossed for you for your test!

cheers everyone for all the hugs :) - cant believe it - finished the test with 20 minutes to spare and pretty confident I got almost full marks - there was only one question i was unsure on and thats because the test rules said you shouldnt include measurements, pounds and pence etc.. and one question didnt give an indication of how i should enter the answer (answer was 5p but wasnt sure if I should put 0.05 or 5 - it just said how much does each business card cost to produce? So i put 5p..

ah well, passed anyway so I am very pleased :)

Helen, car was in garage as when I was in wales the remote locking was intermittently deciding to work - it still is - sometimes i can lock/unlock from a few metres away, other times i have to be stood right next to the car, other times I have to walk around it waving the key fob angrily and shouting before it works.. of course it went into the Evans Halshaw garage today and "we're sorry Miss Craven, theres nothing wrong with it"

oh, thats nice of you. I've been without a car from 9am this morning, you say it was checked and finished with by 11:30, so when I had a test this afternoon I had to go out in the rain to get a bus, get soaked, pay almost 3 pounds for the bus fare for a 45 minute journey into town (thought I would die - bus driver crazy!), then walk after the test to the metro, pay a further 1.40 to get to the gateshead stadium then walk in more wet, freezing cold conditions to come and personally ask you if my car was done as you refuse to answer your phones when I ring and I find I could have had my car a total of 4 hours ago and I wouldnt have had to pay for any ridiculous, badly driven public transport.. but could you ring me? NO!

And just to top it off, there are millions of you wandering aimlessly around the place and yet I had to stand 20 minutes this morning before I could hand over my key, and another 15 when I came back to be told you've kept my car for a whole 6 hours and done buggar all to fix the problem I'm obviously making up - you TW*TS! :mad:

the numeracy test is one of three skills tests that i have to complete - I have to prove a certain level of proficiency in numeracy, literacy and ICT before i can be recommended for QTS :)

now to revise for my ICT test at 09:45 tomorrow! :p

ooh and going out tonight to the Grainger Rooms in Newcastle to celebrate Mattys new job - he's gotten a job within the NHS so is no longer on temporary agency work - bye bye 6 quid an hour, hellooooo starting wage of 20 grand :D

soooo pleased for him :)

I have been attempting to save a few points for tonight but I dont know what it is, but I'm always mega fidgety and want to eat everything when I do! Implant is making me spot constantly atm too, so i'm irregularly irritable, munchy etc.. well, i say irregularly but more than usual anyway and i'm finding it really difficult to monitor my moods / eating so i dont completely mess everything up! :p

food for today:

B - oatsosimple apple and blueberry with alpro soya light (3)
L - batchelors l.f. chicken soup (2) 4 crackerbread (1) ham (1)
T - grainger rooms
S - 8 crackerbread (2) philadelphia light (0.5) ham (0.5) monster munch (2) rowntrees randoms (2.5)

total: 14.5 points leaving me 8.5 to make a rather small dent in the 3 course meal i WILL be having, regardless :p

Hey enjoy i, you deserve it after a hard day! i bloody need it after the day ive had but wil have to refrain!

Sounds like you both had a successful day!
Could your central locking problem not be the car but the battery in the key?? Worth checking with your spare key maybe?
Enjoy your weekend xx

.. of course it went into the Evans Halshaw garage today and "we're sorry Miss Craven, theres nothing wrong with it"

oh, thats nice of you. I've been without a car from 9am this morning, you say it was checked and finished with by 11:30, so when I had a test this afternoon I had to go out in the rain to get a bus, get soaked, pay almost 3 pounds for the bus fare for a 45 minute journey into town (thought I would die - bus driver crazy!), then walk after the test to the metro, pay a further 1.40 to get to the gateshead stadium then walk in more wet, freezing cold conditions to come and personally ask you if my car was done as you refuse to answer your phones when I ring and I find I could have had my car a total of 4 hours ago and I wouldnt have had to pay for any ridiculous, badly driven public transport.. but could you ring me? NO!

And just to top it off, there are millions of you wandering aimlessly around the place and yet I had to stand 20 minutes this morning before I could hand over my key, and another 15 when I came back to be told you've kept my car for a whole 6 hours and done buggar all to fix the problem I'm obviously making up - you TW*TS! :mad:

Please please please tell me this is exactly what you said to them, cos I honestly would have paid out good money to have seen it!!!

Well done to Matty, thats great news - what part of the NHS - I work for NHS too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back