Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats to Matty,
poo to the garage
now relax and enjoy this evening

Helen, car was in garage as when I was in wales the remote locking was intermittently deciding to work - it still is - sometimes i can lock/unlock from a few metres away, other times i have to be stood right next to the car, other times I have to walk around it waving the key fob angrily and shouting before it works.. of course it went into the Evans Halshaw garage today and "we're sorry Miss Craven, theres nothing wrong with it"

oh, thats nice of you. I've been without a car from 9am this morning, you say it was checked and finished with by 11:30, so when I had a test this afternoon I had to go out in the rain to get a bus, get soaked, pay almost 3 pounds for the bus fare for a 45 minute journey into town (thought I would die - bus driver crazy!), then walk after the test to the metro, pay a further 1.40 to get to the gateshead stadium then walk in more wet, freezing cold conditions to come and personally ask you if my car was done as you refuse to answer your phones when I ring and I find I could have had my car a total of 4 hours ago and I wouldnt have had to pay for any ridiculous, badly driven public transport.. but could you ring me? NO!

And just to top it off, there are millions of you wandering aimlessly around the place and yet I had to stand 20 minutes this morning before I could hand over my key, and another 15 when I came back to be told you've kept my car for a whole 6 hours and done buggar all to fix the problem I'm obviously making up - you TW*TS! :mad:

Sorry I know I shouldn't but I laughed out loud reading this bit - I do hope that's what you said to them:p

I was stood in the Vodaphone shop today while a couple were screaming at the assistant because they have been paying for insurance for the past seven years and they WON'T REPLACE A FAULTY PHONE (the phone is only 30 days old!) - I felt kinda sorry for the assistant but I wholeheartedly agreed with the 'customers' - that's why I cancel the insurance as soon as I have to pay for it:rolleyes:

cheers all. I didnt say that to them no.. i refrained as they still had my car at that point and I was frightened for its safety, and also frightened that when I started, I might not stop! :p

Had a second test this morning - my ICT test - easy as pie. Literacy is next friday at 14:45 so once thats over and done with i'll have all 3 done :)

Meal out was beautiful - the place we went to (The Grainger Rooms) was such a weird, quirky place - we dined in the front room of a house! There were only six tables, and the meals were spaced out better - not rushed or anything.. and the food was divine. I would definitely go back, but not rush back as three courses plus wine almost hit the 80 mark, and although for a really beautiful evening of dining, thats not bad.. we just cant afford that every time we go out to eat! :)

today we've been out in Newcastle and the Metro Centre this morning as I had my test at 9:45 and then we wanted to shop somewhere warm for birthday presents for my step mummy and his mam. Wanted DKNY Woman for my step mummy, and when we went in to Debenhams, they had a duo pack of the "to go" bottles (two 30mls to go in your handbag) on half price from £48 to £24 - how good is that? and then found a beautiful Accessorize scarf in brown, tan and pink for a fiver in the sale :D

so think she'll be pleased with those :D

spent the rest of today in the kitchen on a mega cook-a-thon :D

made the wensleydale and spring onion scones, and the mediterranean chicken stew (slow cooking on the stove atm for tomorrow!) from the new fabulous and filling cookbook, the celeriac and blue cheese soup from the WW magazine, and re-made the scotch eggs using 2 different types of sausage meat.

The scotch eggs are both nice, but it depends on your tastes - I know i read somewhere that Tesco's cumberland sausages are dead peppery, and Sainsburys BGTY sausages are the same. I still liked them, but not as much as the slightly higher pointed ones I made with the Sainsburys reduced fat pork sausages.

Here is the exact recipe I used for both lots:

1 pack of 8 sausages, skins discarded
1.5 slices bread, blitzed to crumbs
5 eggs - 4 boiled, one beaten
30g flour
thyme, salt and pepper

Mix the sausage meat together in a bowl with the thyme, salt and pepper.
Flour a board and roll out the sausage meat and divide into four equal portions.
Roll each egg in flour and then wrap in the sausage meat, making sure you get all the air out from between the meat and the egg. Dip in the beaten egg and then roll in the bread crumbs.

Bang in the oven for 30 minutes at 180C, and voila! :)

the sainsburys BGTY cumberland sausages make each scotch egg 4.5 points. The reduced fat pork sausages (which were less peppery and in general just tastier) make each scotch egg 5.5 points.

food for today:

B - 2 slices wholemeal toast (3) 120g sainsburys low fat cottage cheese (2)
L - footlong subway - ham with all salad but red onion (9)
T - celeriac and blue cheese soup (1) wensleydale and spring onion scone (3) flora light (0.5)
S - scotch egg (5 - i had half of each, so going for bang in the middle) quaker oats oatmeal raisin granola bar (1)

total: 24.5 points

a couple over, but worth it for the good of all scotch egg loving weight watcherers! :D

just watched Take Me Out on 3 for the first time.. hilarious! :D

Ooh ooh - what are the scones like? I lurve scones:drool:
:eek: Sorry, forgot to send my congrats to Matty! Great news:D
You'll ace that last test too:p
Is that Fabulous & Filling book worth buying? :(I'm finding it a bit hard to justify the cost of the books because I use so few of the recipes
Can't wait to try the scotch eggs - how long do they keep once cooked do you reckon? I'm the only one who eats eggs in our house although Alice might try one:rolleyes:

Just make a couple for yourself then? You could freeze the rest of the sausages to use for something else? The scones are gorgeous I love them - I have to say I'm being quite good with this cookbook - I daresay next week when I'm back to teaching that plan will go down the pot!

X

What a poo poo time at the garage but you had 2 lots of good news (mattys job & passing your test) so it all evens itself out,plus you had a lovely meal out so all good!:)

The cookathon sounds fab too,i wish you would refrain from talking about scotch eggs cos once again im craving them:eek:!

Good luck with getting back to the "lovely kids" (NOT) next week!;) xx

I wouldve loved that Trace :D i love having people round I just dont have anyone who lives anywhere near me and hence I hardly ever see anyone! :(

today I'm off down to Darlington to visit my mum and sister. Chicken dinner is on the cards.. oh, how I love having sundays off.. this will be my first sunday dinner that isnt zapped up and eaten on my todd for 4 and a half years!

Forgot to mention we popped into Sainsburys yesterday and I went and said hi to everyone.. got dead emotional and Matty had to take me home cause I was crying and embarrassing him :( miss everyone there like mad!

anyway, I better dash as gotta get showered and head out :)

plan for today:

B - raisins, sultanas and whatever else oatsosimple w/ alpro soya light (3)
L - chicken breast (2.5) 1 yorkshire pudding (1) free vegetables (0) stuffing (1.5) gravy (1)
T - mediterannean chicken casserole (3.5) broccoli (0)
S - quaker oats oatmeal raisin granola bar (1)

They do look amazing hun. Like puggso said 7.5 pts sounds alot but they are mahoosive.

xx

Congrats on you passing your exam and Matty with his job!
Just seen you mentioned watching Take Me Out, I love that, it really makes me laugh!
Hope you're having a good day today!xx

Congrats to Matty - brill news - that certainly will help with the pennies! Hope today went well and good luck with WI tonight. Thanks for your texts xxx

Hiya rach..:)
Yum to the scotch eggs..i love homemade ones..funny though cos im not that keen on eggs and have to be in the mood for a sausage!but put em together and im in lurve...LOL :D x

Well the scotch eggs are all gone now. Worked my bum off at spinning tonight, and now have a bit of a headache - think i might be a little dehydrated so I'm necking the water to see if it helps :)

yesterdays final plan was as follows:

B - oatsosimple and alpro soya light (3)
L - chicken breast (2.5) cabbage, carrots (0) sweetcorn (1) 2 small pieces parsnip (0.5) stuffing (1.5) 2 yorkshire puddings (2) gravy (1)
T - mediterranean chicken stew from the new ww book made with breast instead of thigh and without the potato in it (2.5) 80g mixed veg (1) 150g potato (1.5)
S - apple (0.5) quaker oats granola bar (1) half a slice of toast w/ 25g ww cheese with onion and chives (1) 3 slices wafer thin turkey (0.5)

total: 19.5 points

todays menu:

B - oatsosimple with alpro soya light (3)
L - 2 slices wholemeal bread (3) cucumber, lettuce (0) 3 slices wafer thin turkey (0.5) quavers multibag (1) apple (0.5)
T - 7 sainsburys vegetable dunkers (4.5) 1/2 tin baked beans (3)
S - quakers oatmeal granola bar (1) 8 crackerbread (2) w/ 25g ww cheese with onion and chive (0.5) cucumber (0) homemade scotch egg (4.5)

total: 23.5 points

45 mins spinning earned me a nice 7AP as well.. not feeling hungry just yet but you never know, might have a munchie attack a bit later! Nice to know I have a few more points to eat if i need them :)

tomorrow is my last day off before i start at school - got a few errands to run - after almost a full month of living at Mattys parents I do believe we are going home.. YAY! I do like the convenience of a lot of things when at his parents, but last night I was ready to break someones arm in a fit of temper!

His dad and mum have a home business but it requires a lot of travel - his mum mainly does the numbers side while his dad travels and does the general day to day stuff.. anyway, on sat as most of you know I did a decent amount of cooking.. the scones, scotch eggs, mediterranean stew etc.. I only made 6 scones from the recipe and there are 5 of us in the house - though little bro is uber fussy so he wouldnt have one. So anyway, I made these scones and we all had one with tea.. when dad announces theyre really nice and hes going to take the other two for his bait on sunday.. well, nice to know he liked them enough to want to take them, but i believe the correct phrase is "oh amazing Rachael, may I please take the extra two scones for my bait seen as you paid for the ingredients and spent all the time making them" (or something to that effect would suffice! :p)

but no.. he's taking them. He then helped himself to 2 scotch eggs.. not a problem, i'd only eat them all myself and I did make them for testing purposes rather than anything in particular.

"Rach, wrap them scones up in foil for me" - again, annoyed that he doesnt seem to have any manners at all - is a simple please that difficult? But i let it go.. wrap them like he says and put them in his bait bag.

Anyway, next day he strolls in around 6pm and as I hadn't been told what time he would be in for, tea was on but was going to be about 15-20 mins as i had just come back up from Darlington from seeing my mum.

"Oh for gods sake, whats a man gotta do to have a decent meal on the table when he comes in from work? You'll have been lazing around all day doing sweet F A as usual i assume.."

well no, actually. :mad: I got up this morning at 8:05, only 5 minutes after your youngest son had left for work, to find dried dog sick all over the carpet. Now, isnt that nice of your son to leave that for me or OH to clean up? And yes, as you can see, its not come out of said carpet even though i was on my knees scrubbing for well over 15 minutes. So that put me initially in the bad mood this morning. He also never thought to feed the cats, so I had to do that as well, walk the dog as she wasnt well, and then had to take dog with us down to darlington as she was badly. Not complaining about the dog as it was hardly her fault but the unfed cats thing did annoy me.

So anyway, back to the food. I ignored his comments about food as he would only get a shower anyway and have to reheat it as he whinges food isnt ready but then doesnt sit to eat it cause he wants a shower or a wash or whatever.. hes a pain in the arse at times if i'm honest.

BUT.. he then marched up to me and prodded me dead hard in the arm. "Them scones were disgusting. You would have thought you'd be clever enough to think I might want them buttered".

Well, I can honestly say, yesterday I had a mad moment. Almost like my hysterical food day a few months back, but more like.. psycho if you dont move i'm going to stab you in the testicle with this butter knife you selfish a**h*le! :mad: :rotflmao:

Matty actually had to grab my arms as my hand found a butter knife and I just seemed to propell myself towards him :p

Tea was lovely - it was eaten in an incredibly awkward silence.. no apology from dad, but of course, all unstable Rachael's fault so no need! :p

Matty very wisely took me out to see Daybreakers at the cinema.. well, I say wisely but I am incredibly nervous when it comes to jumpy films and although it was a fantastic film, I was incredibly jumpy and left the cinema breathing heavier than normal with very sweaty palms and of course had cold sweat nightmares about the starving old vampire man with the sign around his neck chasing me..

so yes, all in all yesterday was an interesting day and I was very pleased with myself that I stayed within my points :D

speak of the devil, my favourite dad has just appeared - but I am feeling calm and he hasnt spoken to me, and the only thing I have to hand is the iPhone, and i would never use that as a weapon for fear of breaking it - its my second love! I do however have those APs to use if I need a glass of wine to calm my temper.. though i may put it in a plastic glass.. who knows what I might do? :rotflmao:

over and out!

oh btw, i lost a pound - almost forgot in the psychotic moment! :D

Well done on the pound. I bet you'll be glad to get back home. I don't know how you have managed. I couldn't even stay at someone's house for even 1 night.

Has there been a problem at your house for you to be away from it?

Irene xx

just the weather - was concerned about getting to and from uni / work for me and Matty with all the black ice warnings etc and at xmas we were all over the place - wales for my dad and his wife, darlington for my mum and sis / step mum and step sis etc so house has been pretty dormant for a while..

its just turned out loads longer than I expected and I feel Matty has found himself very comfortable being run after by his mum again.. :p

Dont you just hate other peoples parents sometimes:mad: Ignorant tw*t if you ask me good job you are going home soon,remind me why you are there anyway?

Amazed you didnt loose any more pounds rach considering the calories burnt in that fit of anger!:D Good girl im proud of ya! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back