Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D well he's never bitten anyone yet and he's 14 so I'm sure he's not going to start now :p

I've always wanted a smaller dog a Westie or a Shih Tzu, but Brucie won't let me on account we are both working and already have a rather large mini zoo to look after
I kind of agree in a way it is nicer for a lone dog to have someone with them most of the day so I live in hope he'll let me once I retire :8855:

Have a great day Rach x

:D well he's never bitten anyone yet and he's 14 so I'm sure he's not going to start now :p

There's always a first time LOL!! I'm sure he's lovely really hun !;)

Dogs are great at adapting to their circumstances, Millie's on her own during the day but gets a walk and loads of attention early in the morning and when we come home, I always slot in "special Millie" time when its just her and me to make sure that she doesn't feel abandoned or left out - she sleeps most of the day so seems to work. In fact if we are at home during the day now, she still goes to bed and sleeps!

Although she does sulk beyond anything imagineable if I DARE to go out at night and sits in the window crying until I come home - does actually make me think twice about going out at night LOL!!

Ambers like that.. i feel awful but its not my fault that she was mis-sold.. shes supposed to be an independent cat.. instead shes a pick me up pick me up and cuddle me or i'll cry baby :p

Ambers like that.. i feel awful but its not my fault that she was mis-sold.. shes supposed to be an independent cat.. instead shes a pick me up pick me up and cuddle me or i'll cry baby :p

Oh I like that really about Millie, I wanted a baby type dog that wanted lots of cuddles and kisses and thats exactly what I got! Although her insistence of coming to the loo with me is wearing off now!

dying a little inside :p

PT session part deux was horrific. I only did one exercise and that was interval training on the cross trainer.. 3 lots of 3-2-1 at 45rpm - 70rpm - fast as you can go (which was around 90-95rpm) ..

i was physically shaking after.. unreal. so put off the gym that i actually walked out before mentally talking myself round and going back in to book my third session. :p

I have been good with points though.. i didnt track as vigilantly as i should've but i've added them all up now and i am still 3.5 down on my allowance so i'm glad :) back to 100% tracking tomorrow though as don't want to slip up before monday!

was so knackered after my 18 minutes of personal training (how pathetic does that sound?!) that i couldnt make myself walk Lenny so Matty took him while i made tea.

I've still earned 3AP at the gym and 1.5AP from this mornings walk with Lenny though so i'm pleased :) x

B - 2 crumpets (2) pate (1) 1/2 glass orange juice (0.5)
L - batchelors l.f mushroom soup (2) 2 thick slices bread (4) tomatoes, basil (0)
T - pork chop (3) nandos hot peri peri marinade (0.5) 1/2pk ainsley harriots moroccan cous cous (2.5) carrots, broccoli (0)
S - 4 crackerbread (1) meringue nest x2 (1.5) nutrigrain bar (2) 100g cherries (0.5)

total: 20.5 points :) x

So glad that you went back and booked the other session Hun as you sounded so positive about it earlier!! I just keep thinking it will only get easier with time (and weight loss).

Food looking delicious as always!

Hope you've had a lovely evening and your fully recovered by the morning!

Xx

good morning :D well i polished off a pack of bgty tortilla chips and some doritos dip for another 2 points last night, bringing my total to 22.5 points :)

Today i have started the day off well :D

B - 3 quorn sausages (2) 2 slices streaky bacon (2.5) 1 egg fried in frylight (1.5) tomatoes, mushrooms (0)
L - 1/2pot sainsburys vegetable soup (1.5) 2 slices bread (3)
T - thanks to Cat I have been fancying lasagne all week, so tea will be quorn lasagne, garlic bread and salad :)
S -

total: 10.5 + tea :)

thanks guys..

well, after that long talk with Matty about dogs and the size and what we can manage...

meet Max :D

as any doggy enthusiast will know, Max (being a Red Setter) is a very small dog.. if you line him up next to a horse :p

we were out walking Lenny this morning before taking him home, and came across Max.. complete with collar and number but no owner to be found. Chopwell woods is a very big place (there are loads of routes in it - the largest being about 8 miles long) and therefore who knows how far he had wandered. He was very dehydrated so we brought him home to ring his owners while giving him some food and water, but the number on his collar is no longer in use.

So we have done the usual - rang the police, local authority and spoken to the PDSA / VetsNow / RSPCA who have informed the local authority dog wardens, should anyone come forward. We also took him to be scanned for a chip, but he hasnt got one :(

In the meantime, Max is staying with us :) Amber is not impressed to find the smaller, fatter, wrinklier dog has been replaced by a horse hahaha :D

Bit over points today as i did nibble a few things that i shouldnt have:

B - frylight egg (1.5) 2 slices streaky bacon (2.5) 3 quorn sausages (2) 1/2glass orange juice (0.5)
L - sainsburys veg soup (3) 2 slices bread (2.5)
T - quorn mince (2) pasta (3) lettuce, cucumber, tomato (0) l.f. dressing (0.5) 1 piece of garlic bread (1)
S - cheese (2) drench flavoured water (2) mini cheddars (2.5)

total: 25 points

but i did earn 1.5 points walking Lenny before he went home today :)

so will use 1 point of that to counteract :)

Attachments

• Max.jpg
    Max.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 27
He is beautiful!!! I absolutely love red setters but your right they are huge!! What a shame having no chip. He shall be very happy with you I'm sure.

You're doing fab with the exercise Hun so not to worry about the nibbliness

Have a lovely evening and hope max settles ok

Xx

Aww - he's fab!

I do hope he wasn't abandoned but he'll be earning you some serious APs with all the walking you'll be doing:eek:

well, he earned me about 30 seconds.. just took him out for a quick evening walk and as soon as i walked out of the gate a girl shouted me. He belongs to her parents who live in High Spen and apparently the buggar lets himself out for a walk all the time (when he's not supposed to).

Apparently I have been saved - while we were waiting for his dad to pick him up i was told that a) he had a twisted stomach when he was younger and had an operation to fix it - meaning that he can only eat small amounts and is also very fussy and has constant stomach problems so requires constant medication for it. b) he has a 'lick' - he was rescued from kennels and has anxiety so licks himself to the point that he has sores which require medication c) he has a skin condition that also requires medication.

so pleased he has found his home but i did love him to pieces.. but in reality he was absolutely huge - couldnt possibly have kept him long term!

Oh i was just about to say can you imagine if you could keep max?
But then ive just read that a) you found his owner & b) he has a few problems!

You will have your pup rach when the time is right & in the meantime you can be a good dog sitter!

Britt went to the cattery today with her nan (nans cat is there while they moved house into a moblie home)
& guess what was in the neighbouring pen?
2 bootiful persians! OMG i would have died & gone to heaven. She took pix & 1 was grey & 1 white. & the girl even let britt go in for a munch!

By the way well done on geting back to the diet,wish i had your determination at the mo! xxx

awwww persians.. i would love one of those or a maine coon :)

if anyone is watching BGT.. does anyone else find them dancing about to Kieran's drumming? i cant help it.. yesterday i was drumming in the kitchen while i cleaned and today im bouncing in my seat :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back