Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope work goes ok hun

xx

Hope you have a fun day at work, I've been in for two hours already and it's draaaaaagggggggiiinnnnnnggggggg........!

But hey...it's almost the weekend and the sun is shining here! woo! Have a great day! :) xx

You are very brave just buying the rabbit in the hope that you will like it!

Enjoy being back at sainsburys...just think of the staff reduced items you can get your hands on! x

Hiya rach..
Eeeeeeeeeeee rabbit stew did you like it :confused:

When we were kids rabbit was really cheap so mum used to cook it all the time i hated it..but every time i protested she would say its chicken!!yeh right....:p:p:p

have a lovely w/end chuck x

ive still not eaten it! been so busy that its just getting cooked now - prepped it and so on yesterday morning and stuck it in the fridge. The legs have freaked me out a little bit but i need to be grown up and just try it :p

feet are killing. 11-8 is the nastiest shift ever.. apart from 12-9 on a friday. Hands are really dry from all the washing up.. and OMG.. just realised i forgot my rump steak! :( its on offer at sainsburys half price and we're not getting any more in even though its supposed to be on offer until the 18th august. Got myself 6 nice pieces and going to freeze it for me and matty to have a few nice dinners with :)

just got in about 10 mins ago and feel like i deserve a rest.. but got washing to put in, pots to wash and so on. Said yes to overtime on sunday on coffee shop and now have realised i am not off until a week on tuesday :( at washington most of next week to show their staff how proper counters staff work ;)

..on fish though which isnt that great :( oooh, today on meat i caught my finger on a knife and have sliced about half an inch into the flesh under my nail on my middle finger.. it is really hurting :( have it all plastered up and so on but may need to go to hospital and get a stitch in it if it doesnt heal in the next few days. At least its not on my first finger.. so i can still cut stuff :)

picked all the skills back up straight away.. feels like i never left. Even managed a couple of flatfish and they're a right buggar to fillet! felt like i needed to wave them about and show people when i'd done them :p

anyway.. i would tell you about something interesting, but unfortunately nothing like that ever happens :p

off to wash my pots and hang out my washing in the chinese laundry :D x

I feel worn out just reading that Rach, keeping you busy then.

Still cant get used to the idea of Thumper in a pot - rather you, I'm a tad conventional in my eating habits. Hoping after all this build up and preparation that you enjoy it anyway.

Look after that finger, if you think it may need stitches dont wait until next week, get it sorted straight away

Have a fine weekend and try and find some time to relax and enjoy

its not bleeding or anything Aunty V.. i keep pulling it apart though to see if i can see bone.. but i still cant :p

..maybe i should stop that to let it stick itself back together? :D x

Matty would never tell me that Vanda.. so yeah, probs the first time LOL

and Clarri, i am sort of a butcheress / fish wife. I can string a piece of meat up pretty good and i can clean and fillet a round or a flat fish.. but im not a real butcheress as our meat comes in vacuum packed like any supermarket butchers.. as we cant really have whole hanging dead animals in a store :p so i dont like to say im a real butcher cause really, the real butchers have already done most of the work for us :p x

Matty would never tell me that Vanda.. so yeah, probs the first time LOL

and Clarri, i am sort of a butcheress / fish wife. I can string a piece of meat up pretty good and i can clean and fillet a round or a flat fish.. but im not a real butcheress as our meat comes in vacuum packed like any supermarket butchers.. as we cant really have whole hanging dead animals in a store :p so i dont like to say im a real butcher cause really, the real butchers have already done most of the work for us :p x

Ooh, handy that!!! But still dont take away from your skills! xx

aww cheers Clarri :)

well, rabbit did just taste like chicken. it did have a slight other taste to it.. but it had been sat in a bowl of cider since yesterday morning.. :p i was a little disappointed as expected something a bit more amazing.. but what can you do. Thank you Mister rabbit, you were very tasty and appreciated non the less!

Waiting on Matty coming in from work.. poor bairns been in since half 8 this morning - on call and a doctors come all the way from Aberdeen to be trained on the workstations so he had to stay until half 9 to train him and then its around 45mins drive home. I'm ready and waiting with a big old cuddle though (and his tea ready if he wants it :p) so hopefully he'll be okay :)

passing the time by making the moussaka. Experimenting with roasting the aubergine as pan frying it took sodding ages last time, so if i can shove it all on a tray in the oven for 30 mins for the same effect thats fab :D

I've missed your Sainsbury's deals :) You keep me in the know.

I've never tried rabbit. Perhaps, when Cassi mans up and brings me one, I'll try a wild one ;) Or perhaps not.

Matty didnt like the rabbit.. he couldnt get away with it looking just like a rabbit on the plate :p Amber loved it though.. she doesnt eat lamb (not sure why?) but she almost took my hand off as i demeated Mattys plate for her :p

just having a bit of a chill out before I have to go back to work. I'm working in the cafe first 3 hours, so not sure what i'll be doing.. it'll probs be potwashing though! x

I think I had rabbit in Spain done in a garlic and herb sauce and it was absolutely glorious!

The bunny that lives in our back garden looks pretty tempting now!

Morning Rach,

glad you enjoyed the rabbit, theres nothing worse than preparing something & than not enjoying it!

Well done on getting back in Sainsbury,s, roll on the bargains eh!

Anyway hope your weekends not too bad with work & all, just keep thinking of the extra pennies x

I'm very much with Matty here
I just couldn't do Rabbit no way
to me they are fluffy and cute pets
not food, that and deer
have a good weekend hen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back