Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost all shops are ranged for cook bags Jess. So you choose your fish and your butter / marinade, it goes in a cook bag and is sealed.. you take the bag home, prick it with a fork and stick it in the oven according to the instructions printed on the foil :D EASY!

also, completely off topic but i just cried laughing at this..

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6tx5bp3hI1qb5qtbo1_500.png

Well done on the 1/2lb missus.

You've got me wishing Sainsbugs was closer to me am loving the fish in a bag idea

Never heard of them before but it raised a smile-its the kind of thing that as a responsible parent ,you feel its wrong to laugh at,but at the same time you cant quite stop yourself !!LOL

DO they ever have Skate on the fishy counter ?

And well done on the 1/2 off

we dont fish skate as its currently overfished apparently. its one of the sainsburys values. we've also swapped to fresh only fish which i have mixed feelings about, but thats another story :p

Vanda, shouldnt say this but asda and morrisons should also do cook bags. I know asda have done them longer than us.

Just popping in anyway with ideas for todays food:

B - 50g weetos (3) 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - pot of sainsburys fresh soup.. not sure on whether it'll be carrot and coriander, three bean or red pepper and lentil yet, but it'll be a max of (6) activia fat free yoghurt (1)
T - pork chop with beans and tarragon - going to make a ww version of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pork_chop_with_beans_and_40970

so in total: 11 + tea :) may sneak a banana in there if Matty didnt steal the last one for his lunch :p

just to add.. this isnt aimed at anyone who posts in here or anyone whose diary i post in.. but reading around some of the other threads, some people need to buy a clue!

then again if they did, i'd have noone to laugh at LOL :p

I def think Sainsbury's should be paying you some kind of commission for promoting them :) I need to do a shop tonight, and we have a S'bury's and Asda pretty much right next door to each other..after reading s'bury's promos I may just walk the extra few steps there this eve :)

Poo, totally forgot Masterchef was on last night, sad Lainie :( I love that prog too! OH can't understand the obsession and moans if I ever watch it when he's around..just cos he doesnt even know how to make beans on toast lol :p

Hope you have a good day Rach, and enjoy your lunch hr of reading :)

xx

Have a wonderful day Rach

Remaining on the fishy topic - whats Sainsbugs sushi like? I have got very partial to sushi atm

Agree with Lainie, Sainsbury's def should be paying you some commission for all the promos..in fact, did you see that Ch4 prog that was on ages ago 'I'm Running Sainsbury's' You should've been on there, missed your calling! :giggle:

I'm a wuss when it comes to fish. Can just manage smoked haddock (and chippy fish of course!)

I used to love Masterchef, I once tweeted Gregg Wallace and was thrilled when he replied :eek::p

Have a good weekend xo

Im confused:confused: what does "buy a clue" mean? xx

laid watching Master Chef with Matty.. love this program :) Neil Stuke is doing my head in.. didnt like his attitude vs. Dick in the tent when they were serving the soldiers. Trying to figure out why Dick disappeared in the next round then came back again? Also, watched Neil put salt on his chicken and he poured it on! :jelous:

reading the first book from the latest series by Maria V. Snyder. She wrote the Poison, Magic and Fire Study books (the Yelena Zaltana trilogy) and I picked up the next two she's written - Storm and Sea Glass (the Opal Cowan novels) for 1.99 each at Bookworld.. bargain :D

only about 40 pages into the first one, but her writing style is so easy to read.. its fantastic and i know it won't take me long to finish :)

oh and i weighed in today and lost 1/2lb :D - almost forgot! xxx

Aparently Dick was ill the other day, that's why no-one left between the semi and the final (I think). Not sure who is my fav at the moment, they all have their minutes and then again they do something really stupid! we'll see.. Find the challenges rubbish though, feeding 400 etc.. they will never need to do that anyway, prefer the more delicate inventive challenges :p not that I could do any of that!! :p

Ooh, what is she writing about? am in urgent need of a new author, getting bored with jody piccoult at the moment, will take a time until I will be good to read her next book.. Easy reads are always nice :p

just to add.. this isnt aimed at anyone who posts in here or anyone whose diary i post in.. but reading around some of the other threads, some people need to buy a clue!

then again if they did, i'd have noone to laugh at LOL :p

hmm.. does sainsbury's do clues as well? I think I need some.. are they on offer?!?! coz it took me 2 whole minutes to understand what you were getting at :doh:

and well done on your loss!! xx

OH THANK GOOD!! just thought I am really daft!! :giggle:

I THINK it means that they 'have no clue' - so they need to buy one!! :giggle: :D
(and if that's wrong - am getting the bus home :()

I def think Sainsbury's should be paying you some kind of commission for promoting them :) I need to do a shop tonight, and we have a S'bury's and Asda pretty much right next door to each other..after reading s'bury's promos I may just walk the extra few steps there this eve :)

Poo, totally forgot Masterchef was on last night, sad Lainie :( I love that prog too! OH can't understand the obsession and moans if I ever watch it when he's around..just cos he doesnt even know how to make beans on toast lol :p

Hope you have a good day Rach, and enjoy your lunch hr of reading :)

xx

Lainie if its on BBC, its probs on iplayer - you could watch it on there? Lisa did a lush mackerel on smoked beetroot with horseradish creme fraiche.. it looked to die for :drool:

Have a wonderful day Rach

Remaining on the fishy topic - whats Sainsbugs sushi like? I have got very partial to sushi atm

oooooh i love sushi.. i really like sainsburys sushi, sometimes i share a pack with Azza who works on fresh.. but not often as hes greedy and tries to nick the best ones :p

Agree with Lainie, Sainsbury's def should be paying you some commission for all the promos..in fact, did you see that Ch4 prog that was on ages ago 'I'm Running Sainsbury's' You should've been on there, missed your calling! :giggle:

I'm a wuss when it comes to fish. Can just manage smoked haddock (and chippy fish of course!)

I used to love Masterchef, I once tweeted Gregg Wallace and was thrilled when he replied :eek::p

Have a good weekend xo

You know what it is, i love sainsburys and i am really proud of my store. I know most people see it as just a job, and i used to feel the same about Matalan, but i really approve of a lot of the things that Sainsburys does as a company - they have loads of training programs in place for workers to get more qualifications - like bakery and fishmonger apprentices, free courses to get english and maths GCSEs etc.. plus of course all the pathways to become team leaders, department managers etc.

I love Gregg Wallace, I really want to make him lots of puddings and spoon feed him them.. he just looks dead cute when he's happy with a sweet! :D hahaha!

it means they're clueless, and need to buy one Charly haha :)

Aparently Dick was ill the other day, that's why no-one left between the semi and the final (I think). Not sure who is my fav at the moment, they all have their minutes and then again they do something really stupid! we'll see.. Find the challenges rubbish though, feeding 400 etc.. they will never need to do that anyway, prefer the more delicate inventive challenges :p not that I could do any of that!! :p

Ooh, what is she writing about? am in urgent need of a new author, getting bored with jody piccoult at the moment, will take a time until I will be good to read her next book.. Easy reads are always nice :p

hmm.. does sainsbury's do clues as well? I think I need some.. are they on offer?!?! coz it took me 2 whole minutes to understand what you were getting at :doh:

and well done on your loss!! xx

i do like the challenges, but i do like the inventive stuff better. I really like the skills tests.. i even tested out my skills on a chicken the other day to see if i could debreast one :D

I'm just waiting for a flatfish to appear on the show so i can scream "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" :D LOL

OH THANK GOOD!! just thought I am really daft!! :giggle:

I THINK it means that they 'have no clue' - so they need to buy one!! :giggle: :D
(and if that's wrong - am getting the bus home :()

you're right hun, you dont need to get the bus :D

aaaanyway.. had the pork for tea.. it was absolutely divine!

B - 50g weetos (3) 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - pea and mint soup (3) 2 activia fat free yoghurts (2.5)
T - pork chop (3) 1/2 tin butterbeans (1) 90g ww thick cream (3) 50ml white wine (1) runner beans (0) garlic, onions, lemon juice / zest, salt and pepper (0) 1/2tsp olive oil (0.5)
S - apple (0.5) 1/2 glass white wine with diet schweppes (1.5)

total: 20 points :)

Last edited:
oh.. er.. well i have half a glass of it with diet lemonade, and Matty has guzzled the rest :)

do not read any further down if you havent watched Master Chef yet :p

just popping on to say BYE NEIL YOU ARROGANT SOD!

when he got eliminated he goes "well, i dont understand it frankly"..

er, you think seasoning means pouring half a pot of salt into something, and your food just wasnt as creative or well cooked / presented as the other three.. you're out! :p

er, you think seasoning means pouring half a pot of salt into something, and your food just wasnt as creative or well cooked / presented as the other three.. you're out! :p

Not a Neil fan then :p

do not read any further down if you havent watched Master Chef yet :p

Have to agree with you on this one Rach. Glad he is gone. Have put next week on to tape as away next week.

no definitely not a fan, Vanda.. felt sorry for him when he dropped his tart the other day, but even so he's just so up himself!

and Nik man, stop being so paranoid i said it wasnt anyone whose diary i post in ;) ..did you really try and gargle 2 aspirin? LOL.

Off to work in 5 minutes.. getting a bit of a sore throat :(

going to head to the gym when i've finished at 2, then back home for a lonely night on my own :( Mattys going camping.. bet he comes back tomorrow ill as anything. Well the ill boy can sleep elsewhere.. i'm not being unwell on monday when Jax and the angels are coming up! :D so excited!!!

have a great day everyone xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back