Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
no peace and quiet now.. he decided not to go! :p

but we are going out to a Turkish restaurant in Newcastle called Red Mezze..

really looking forward to it :D

food for today so far:

B - 50g weetos (3) 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - red pepper & lentil soup (5.5) 2 activia fat free yoghurts (2.5)
T -
S - 2 slices bread (3) wafer thin smoked ham (1.5) pease pudding (1)

total: 17.5 points BEFORE going out, but i'm okay with that.. saved 3 yesterday so got 9 to have.. have had a look at the menu and think i'm going to go for a fish dish.. just going to enjoy then back to the points tomorrow :) x

Have a lovely time Rach I love going out for meals but never seem to do it

Also never had turkish food and love trying out new things so not jealous at all :p

Lainie if its on BBC, its probs on iplayer - you could watch it on there? Lisa did a lush mackerel on smoked beetroot with horseradish creme fraiche.. it looked to die for :drool:

You know what it is, i love sainsburys and i am really proud of my store. I know most people see it as just a job, and i used to feel the same about Matalan, but i really approve of a lot of the things that Sainsburys does as a company - they have loads of training programs in place for workers to get more qualifications - like bakery and fishmonger apprentices, free courses to get english and maths GCSEs etc.. plus of course all the pathways to become team leaders, department managers etc.

Yeah, I had Iplayer on my lappy but my internet is dead at the mo :( poo :( so if I don't catch it first off, I miss it :( should really teach me to get the internet sorted I guess!! lol

Re Sainsbury's, that sounds really cool what they offer as a company. One of our 16year olds has just got a part time job there too... She's a bright little cookie, so I can just see her being a department manager eventually lol.. :) It's really great how you love your job, makes a difference as opposed to simply penny earning lol :) Have a great evening out Rach :) xx

well it was nothing like that Nik! it was just normal tables / booths.

Points probably lasted one mouthful into the starter.. we got the mixed mezze platter to share, then Matty got Lamb Ali Nazik (smokey flavoured aubergine in yoghurt, garlic and butter topped with marinated lamb on top) and i had chicken shish.. i couldnt finish all of it so Matty helped, as i wasnt about to leave it - the marinated chicken was beautiful!

Mattys now paranoid that you'll all think he's a fat b*stard cause he's always finishing my leftovers / finishing off the wine.. but he's 6ft 4 and it only fills him to his knees.. he's a skinny malinky really but he refuses to believe it :p

..really long gym session in the morning for us.. :( LOL!

nice long sleep, just about to head off to the gym for our grueling session :p

food for today:

B - 40g cornflakes (2) 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - campbells l.f. chicken soup (2)
T - braised lamb shank with olive oil mash (13) and free vegetables (0)
S -

total: 18 points :) may have some bread / crackerbreads with my soup later if i feel the need.. REALLY looking forward to the lamb though, so its well worth having less this morning to enjoy something different and tasty :D x

BBC - Food - Recipes : Slow braised lamb shanks with olive oil mash

^ following the above recipe but removing most of the olive oil.. seriously cant believe James Martin hasnt had a heart attack! :p

Enjoy the lamb Hun sounds delish

X

Last nights meal out sounds fab but then again so does tonights and me having a micro meal at work - not jealous at all, no I'm not

Mmmmm..lamb shank and mash = heaven on a plate :) hope v have a great sunday and the weather is fine with you :) x

sorry Aunty V, will think of you and your TLC Chilli while i'm having my lamb.. gotta go start it now as it takes 4 hours to cook!

determined to stick to points as going to Toby Carvery tomorrow for lunch with Jax and family. Going to go do my spinning at 9:30 and then might pop in and see if i can do salsa as well.. that will take me over to lunchtime no probs, then Toby Carvery, followed by shopping i think.. will take me over to WI, then can have tea afterwards.. sorted :D

did an hour of cardio today. I didnt do my usual interval training which knacks me though, so only counting it as medium intensity, so i earned 4AP. Will put those towards my pointage tomorrow, just incase i need it :)

off to start the tea! :D

Wooooow!!!

loads to catch up on hun; and firstly yes i'm guilty of your pet hate i know v sorry! i'm hopeless anyway!!!

firstly can't believe you had rabbit!!!! i would have thought it tasted more like lamb.. as when cooked i feel it looks the same lol, but most things they say taste like chicken, like kangaroo and snake are meant to be like chicken too! very weird :D i think i will actually just stick to chicken ... play it safe hehe

Hope all the gym sessions are paying off, i did the spin class once... and once only was crawling out of there afterwards! :D the step and tone one sounds good, but havent clue how you get the energy to go first thing of a morning before work! just going in the afternoon pains me! lol

hope sainsbury's is going well, and good luck for sept for teaching!! not long now bet you can't wait... though i know the discount when working in retail/supermarkets is always missed once you stop using it lol, end up going round looking at everything thinking... if i had my discount this would only be so and so! puts me off getting stuff now :( ... have to wait for the super sales to start to fill up the fridge and freezer! thanks for the deals on at sainsbury's haven't been in ages! but want to go as apparently it's the only place to get this hair stuff i want sea salt something either phill smith or paul smith but meant to give you lush waves in hair for the beach look!! haha :D

hopefully fingers crossed for the engagement! coming up to 6 and a half years that's amazing!!! will definitely be soon! maybe your christmas surprise!! :D

Hope everything is going good for you, haven't spoken in ages i know, hopeless at keeping up to date with everyone and everything hope the sore throat feeling has gone away!!! not what you need when the lovely sunshine is out, and hope you enjoyed your evening out at turkish place the menu looks lovely! made me hungry now; bring on sunday dinner! xxx

cheers hun, and don't worry - i am the same for posting in yours!

you should go back to spin you know.. the first class is always painful but the second is always fine. I went back again a few weeks ago and the first class was horrendous but the one last week was fine.

on the hair stuff, Sainsburys have loads of Paul Smith / John Freida products / hair products in general.. and they usually have really good deals on.. i love hair stuff and am forever buying stuff on 2 for so much..

on that subject, i love shower gel.. in particular the exfoliating stuff. I got one as a present from my step mum called Coconut Crumb Cake exfoliating scrub by The Beauty Shed.. and i cant find it anywhere :( i love it.. dead upset!

as for the rabbit, it was dead disappointing. I've had kangaroo before, its really nice.. as is ostrich. I wouldnt say kangaroo was like chicken but i know its really low in fat which has to be good :D (probably not in a burger though.. LOL)

hope you enjoy your sunday dinner.. my stomach is growling already for mine.. whole house has a lovely cooking meat in red wine smell :D

anyway.. food for today only slightly changed:

B - 40g cornflakes (2) 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - 1/2tin campbells l.f. chicken soup (1) 4 crackerbread (1) cucumber, salt, pepper (0) 30g slice bread (1)
T - braised lamb shank with olive oil mash (13) and free veg (0)
S - apple (0.5)

total: 19.5 points

if i can save those 3.5 points tonight, i'll be really happy as can spend them at Toby in the morning :) x

i've got into the swing of swimming now, go loads and go to aquatone, but may try spin again and maybe bums tums and thighs (think thats right) lol, they are always of a night time though, and because i dont drive its more difficult to get to which sucks! and i know if i start driving.... i wont walk anywhere so will get unhealthy that way lol! can't win! :D

i'll definitely have to go sainsbury's i'm like you love hair products! this stuff i saw in a mag ages ago and only place they sell it is sainsbury's apparently in a pink bottle and gives you waves and makes hair nice and soft, straight away i thought yep got to get some of that! :D

they do some beauty shed items on ebay hun; not the one you want but a strawberry and cream tart scrub, vanilla and orange cookie scrub and a mango and apricot sorbet scrub! :) dont know if they will be of any use but sound lovely good enough to eat ha :D

eeewww no you can't eat animals like that!!! LOL got to give it you hun your adventurous in foods! hehe im hopeless so picky and fussy :D enjoy your dinner too! lamb shanks sound yum, my stomach is rumbling!! xxx

Morning rach im wizzing by as ive been on here for 2 1/2 hours & have hardly scratched the surface of catching up!

Have a great monday & hope you had a lovely day with jax yestareday xx

Ditto like Charly
having the devil of a job catching up
with everyone but just wanted to pop in and say hi
and I promise that at some point this week I will get a chance to do a roll count for team 2

Morning Rach, just popped in to say hope you had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the lamb shank...it sounds delicious! Hope you have a lovely Toby Carvery trip! xx

they have a menu on their website if you fancy a nosey? :D
http://www.redmezze.co.uk/media/menus/Main_Menu.pdf

Mmmm looks delicious, especially the barbeque bit! Plus I learned that shish=skewer in Turkish :D

That sounds lovely, I've been wanting to try lamb shanks but they're quite pointy aren't they? I see you pointed the whole thing at 13 so I might give that a bash soon!

going to Toby Carvery tomorrow for lunch with Jax and family.

Hope you had a nice time hun, I am super jealous, wish there was a Toby Carvery here, I have pored over the Eating Out guide many times, fantasising about what I'd have if there was only one here :giggle:

Have a good Monday xo

cheers guys :D

Charly, Jax was here today not yesterday.. but i had a lovely day all the same :)

started the day with a half hour spin class, followed by a 45 min hydra circuits class. Was going to do salsa afterwards, but my deodorant had been reapplied after spin and was really not working at this point :p spin was much harder than last week.. think i was just harder with resistance which is good for me!

Came out of the gym, jumped into the shower, got all my clothes on bar my tshirt (as i always do until i have dried my hair) dried and styled my hair, did my makeup and moisturised and then went to put on the tshirt.. hang on a second.. wheres my tshirt? :p i'd only gone and left it at home!

so i ended up walking out of the gym with my thin grey cardi buttoned up over a cherry print bra which was completely seethrough, with a casual scarf draped over me.. did nothing to cover it but i made it to the car at least! So i had to speed home to get a top, then speed back over to Washington to meet Jax, Tony and the angels at the carvery. They waited for over half an hour bless them and they didnt start eating - felt well guilty!

Had a lovely time with them today. We had a lovely meal at the carvery, then we went into Newcastle and parked over by Northumbria uni, before walking over into the centre. I took them briefly round the new Eldon Square (a necessity ;)) and we then walked down Grey street to the Quayside, and took a few photos under the Tyne bridge and by the Millenium Bridge. As it was free, we also had a look in the Baltic.. which was as always, very disappointing!

After they left to head home, I went to my WW meeting and am ecstatic to say that I have lost 2lbs since thursday last week :D my gym sessions this morning and sunday obviously paid off :)

Laura, the lamb shank recipe isnt 13 points a serving unless you remove most of the olive oil. You have to remove all the oil for sealing the lamb, and all but 1tbsp of the oil from the potatoes. I also didnt have any anchovies but i 4 anchovies would only be a point at most.

Kally, i've just been assigning people to your team anyway but a tally would be great as i'm culling dead members in my team at the moment.

Food for today:

B - apple and cinnamon asda nutrigrain (2)
L - Toby carvery - 2 large slices turkey (3) 2 small roast potatoes (2) broccoli, carrots (0) cauliflower cheese (1.5) gravy (2.5) stuffing (2)
T - cod loin (2) baked in a beetroot, lime and caper dressing (0) with saffron mashed potato (3) and broccoli (0)
S - 2 slices garlic bread (3)

total: 21 points :D

sure its not completely accurate but what can ya do :D

earned 7AP this morning, then i've walked around Newcastle this afternoon so defo think i'll have earned a few more.. but happy with the 7 :D Carly my spin teacher is a beast! :p (in a nice way of course :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back