Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love House and have just finished Season 6 on Hallmark. Don't usually watch it on TV as always buy the DVD as I get so caught up in it and watch them back to back but Amazon america ran out when I ordered it for a while and up it popped on Hallmatk. Message from god and it ran every night just at a time when I need something so excellent. I loved this series 6 and can't wait for 7 but suspect it will be a while yet. Not sure when Uk get season 6 DVD but will still be buying it. Got Greys Anantomy 5 to watch in hospital so really looking forward to that.

Hope you are OK and getting excited re return to school

M
M

Aunty V, Matty said i was a bit windy during the night but i never noticed LOL, so i've had weetabix again this morning :D

Jane, i cant stand weetabix with anything sweet.. or cornflakes or anything like that. I make an exception only for coco rocks (insanely bad for you), coco pops, weetos and summer berries special k. I also put raisins in with my bran flakes as i hate bran flakes on their own (asked Matty for All Bran and he comes back with bran flakes.. shoulda got em myself ;) :p) but cant stomach anything like choco weetabix or weetabix with sugar or anything like that.. its the smell - makes me feel like i might be sick :p

I love House.. its my favourite TV series ever. I also love Desperate Housewives but i'm only just upto the start of season 4 - i missed a few episodes at that point and have never gotten round to catching up yet! Never watched Greys Anatomy.. maybe i will see if its on offer in the Metro! :D

off to try and sort my money problems.. mortgage bounced yesterday so accrued 38 quid in charges :( god damnit! So off to move yet more money about.. and then see if i can extend my overdraft slightly.

Paid next friday i think. Thank god for that!

Matty got a voucher through one of the many deal sites hes a part of for a restaurant in newcastle - pay 10 pound for 30 pounds worth of food (not pizza, pasta or risotto) so we're off to a place called Puccini tomorrow. I'm looking forward to going out, as after we'll be meeting up with my little sis who was 19 yesterday and is out in Newcastle for the night.. but foodwise, i've looked at the menu and everything sounds so heavy.. makes me doubt how nice the place is going to be.

I know Matty will end up with the 16oz T-bone steak, as for me.. i'm looking at the sea bass.. but i wouldve prefered salad so might ask / kick up a fuss.. whichever is needed LOL :p but either way, a few spare points and some activity points probably wouldnt go a miss!

http://puccininewcastle.com/images/2010 a la carte menu.pdf

incase you want to look! :D

B - 4 sainsburys basics weetabix (3) 1/2pt sk. milk (1)
L - leftover beef stew (4.5)
T - 5 spice duck breast with spring onions and whatever free veg i have in freezer (no money for the bok choi its supposed to be accompanied by LOL :p)
S - apple (0.5) 2 clementines (0.5)

total: 9.5 + tea

Last edited:
Hi Rach, hope you have a fun time shopping today :) even if it is window :) I know the feeling too well!! Is that the Metro centre you're heading to? I used to visit there quite frequently when I lived up in Dumfries. Is metroland still there with the chair ride? Me and besty mate adored that ride :) oh the memories :)

Have a wonderful day my lovely :) xx

no! they knocked Metro Land down and have built the new massive Odeon and the food hall has been replaced with a load of more upmarket restaurants like Red House, Pizza Express, Nandos, Frankie and Bennys, Zizzis and a Rice bar that i can never remember the name of! They have the new Namco Funscape downstairs which is the arcade and bowling alley, but no more rides xxx

Awww... R.I.P Metroland!! lol... Ah well, sounds like it was replaced with something pretty decent.. They were fun times, I remember we used to get our hands stamped on entry? lol :)

Morning rach..Hope you manage to find yer wii wires chuck!!you are soooooo gonna be in trouble if you dont...:D:D:D LOL...

Ooooooooooh Mad Maya can you imagine!!

Have a good day chicka xx

Bloody hell i'm really going insane! I'm 150% sure yesterday i wrote a message to you in response to your chicken and how i bet the curry was lovely even if it was a unexpected dinner! ... just looked through can't find the bugger! i really am losing my mind! :(

ANYWAY hun! lol I'm glad to hear the stew you had was lovely! and i hope you enjoyed your last day at work! Lmao at your wanting to punch something 30seconds after logging in, didn't have a clue what was going on... i do now, found the thread, to quote claire i go around here with my eyes shut sometimes! bloody hopeless i am! but hope your alright! :)

hope the spinning is going well! just don't over do it with the anger! don't want to hurt yourself! :D hope you had a lovely time shopping, even though you couldn't spend! :( hate it when it's just window shopping, i torture myself and go try things on that i want also but blatently can't afford! *sigh* :D hope you have a great weekend ! and thanks for the tips on the bingo wings! hehe gotta get them sorted asap! xxx

Hey missus, not even going to look at that menu in case it sets me off, I'm a one woman eating machine lately :rolleyes:

Hope you get the money all sorted out and have a lovely weekend xo

:D Well its friday and we are fast approaching the weekend all that remains for me to say is have a great day Rach
and I hope you find the missing Wii bits x

cheers guys :)

well i didnt do spinning as i went to bank to sort out all my bills that were bouncing, transferred the very last of my savings ( :( ) into my bank to cover the bills and asked if i could have an extension of my overdraft for one month until job moves over and i start getting paid by Sedgefield. No.

So that put me in a bad mood.. livid probably covers how i felt as i stormed out of the bank :p so then i decided i would go spinning. Got there and as i'd had nothing to drink all morning, worked up a killer headache just warming up on the treadmill before hand, and nothing i did could shift it so i skipped on the spinning and worked on weights and sit ups instead.. so didnt go to the gym for very long :p

I then went to see if i could pick up bok choi as had a voucher for tesco metro in Rowlands Gill.. dont do it.. (b*llocks, just remembered i needed star anise!) so substituted for spinach (meh, Matty will never know) and picked up some other bits and bobs as i headed round. Got to checkout, got my 5 quid off with my voucher.. debit card declines.. Oh no no no I tell the woman, i've just put a grand into my bank account and theres no way on earth that the mortgage people or the council tax people could have ever been that quick off the mark as to steal all my money! Yeah yeah she says, giving me the look that she probably saves especially for people "like me" who have no money but try it on anyway :p so i had to use Mattys credit card.

Came home, tried ringing Barclays to talk to someone about it.. can i heck as like get anyone who is competent in English and who can answer a question that is not on the script.. "Go into your branch tomorrow" "My branch doesnt open on saturdays" "oh.. well if you go in tomorrow.."

OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG MY BRANCH IS NOT OPEN TOMORROW! *pulls hair out*

Plus, what use is that?! i withdrew my money in cash so it would be deposited and useable straight away.. and now you're telling me to go into my branch tomorrow.. i give up. Asked him if he knew an acquaintance of mine, seen as he knew all the right (but completely stupid) ways to wind me up just like they do. ;) :p

Then i went to Metro Centre.. not a thing caught my eye so i fell back on old faithful and went into Bookworld and bought myself 3 books for a fiver. I've still got a pile of 12 to read before the new three, and 3 days to read them in before i give up having any time or life, but hey.. it cheered me up slightly!

This money better flaming clear by sunday because my god i am having my hair done. My roots are a good inch and a half and i feel like crying every morning as i brush my teeth and have to look at them. I'm also celebrating the leaving of Sainsburys and washing dishes by having my nails done. I have worked my ass off for a good 5 weeks and i dont care if it means something else will bounce next month.. i am having them. I have not had any new clothes, shoes, lingerie or bags for a good 4 months and its starting to physically hurt. Nails will [temporarily] fix the issue :D

I am also freaking out because i thought you know what, i've had a crap day.. i will treat myself and have the skin on my duck breast for tea. Just weighed the thing and without skin, its 3.5 points. With skin, its 13.5.

Skins getting forcefed to Matty then!

Food:

B - 4 weetabix (3) 1/2pt skimmed milk (1)
L - beef stew (4.5)
T - duck breast, no skin (3.5) spinach, spring onion, chinese five spice, chicken stock (0) 1 tbsp honey (?)
S - activia yoghurt (1) 2 clementines (0.5) apple (0.5) 2 go ahead strawberry yoghurt breaks (2)

total: 16.5 + honey

Last edited:
Bit of a stressful day then Rach, I felt your pain over the declined debit card but on the positive a good excuse to use Mattys credit card.

I hope the money front gets sorted soon. I hate those bloomin call centres like you say they cant deviate from their scripts at all and I know they are only doing a job but a good sharp slap will soon sort them out

Well done on the no skin front, I love crispy chicken skin myself very hard to resist. Hope you have a fab weekend and you so deserve the hair, nails and anything else - stuff the bank

RIP Harry the Hamster :(

Oh No !!!!!! a perfect end to your day

( if it's any help noni was dead chuffed to get her text )

Deep breaths me dear but I know just how you feel my sojourn with BT call centres nearly had me in the asylum until I realised I had the ultimate weapon at my disposal....7 Asian docs!! Now they are delighted to be my intermediary and absolutely give em hell. Moral gain an asian friend but in the meantime I feel your pain and hope its is resolved very soon.

Enjoy the nails I've had mine for 15 years and they are an addiction would NEVER be without them now. Go Rach

Big big hugs

M

glad Noni liked her text.. did she text me back on her own? i was very impressed bless her :D

thanks Aunty M.. really looking forward to getting them done :D

today we are off to Haltwhistle for a long walk with the dog. Have packed up my lunch and we're ready to go.. dropping Harry off to be buried in Mattys mums back garden first though, as couldnt face the idea of putting him in the bin.

food for today:

B - activia yoghurt (1) go ahead yoghurt breaks (2)
L - 3 slices bread (4.5) chicken, bacon and sweetcorn bgty sandwich filler (1) light mayo (0.5) salad (0) 25g currants (1) satsuma (0.5) apple (0.5) multibag french fries (1)
T - puccini (thinking the sea bass)
S -

total: 12 + puccini

Have a good day Rach,sounds like you need one after yesterday.

She did send the text herself after a brief training session from mummy-you know what she's like with stuff like phones !!LOL

Is it this week that you start your job ?

Morning Rach.
Well today sounds like its going to be alot better than yesterday...apart from the sad part of yer day when you bury poor likkle Harry..aww lovely thing to do though chuck..

Enjoy yer walk and hope you find them ere wires xx

Oh Rach :( Sorry to hear that you haven't had a great couple of days. If its any consolation, HSBC are just as bad. I'm on the cusp of my overdraft at the moment and they won't discuss it with me over the phone, tell me to go to my local branch. Fine. Will do. My local branch is 38 miles away, and opens 8:30 til 12:30 4 days a week. So they want me to take a morning off work, and drive a 75ish mile round trip to discuss my finances. Yes, that really helps my situation. NOT!
"World's Local Bank" my ar$e....

And I am sorry to hear about Harry, it's tough to lose a pet, no matter how small they are. Especially hamsters, they are such characters!

I hope that you have a lovely day in the Metro Centre today, and that Porcini, Puccini, however it's spelt, is a good meal :D
I was so disappointed when the boy and I went to Leeds last year, and I said could we drive back home through Gateshead so we could go to the Metrocentre - And I saw that Metroland had gone. Thats like my entire childhood, vanished!! Those foam mazes and stuff were ACE!!!!

Have a lovely evening! x

i'm having a much better day today though, so we're okay :D

we didnt make it to Haltwhistle, but we did stop and walked a 5 mile round stretch along Hadrians Wall and back - Becky was off her lead until we realised we had never tested her with sheep.. this was of course thought of as she ran amuck among them and upset a massive herd of them :p

stopped and had our lunch in the middle and gave Becky some leftovers and some water to power her back to the car haha :D

really enjoyed our little adventure and the weather was just nice enough to let us enjoy the scenery :)

just enjoying a nice little rest before i get ready to head out for a nice meal :) xxx

Attachments

• IMG_0184[1].jpg
    IMG_0184[1].jpg
    240 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0186[1].jpg
    IMG_0186[1].jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back