Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers guys.

well i've been lesson planning all day again apart from 2 hours that i went in to get nails fixed.

Lady sent me home yesterday saying she wanted to do them properly herself today, so we arranged 2pm. Walked in at 2 today - told theres a lady ahead of me (no appointment.. strike 1 :p)

so i wait, no sign of the lady who said she would do my nails (turns out shes the owner of Millies Nails). So i ask where she is - oh shes not in today (strike 2).

So i wait 45 minutes before they put me into the acetone to remove the crappy first set of nails. I'm in the solution for over an hour, until i complain its been an hour and my hands are starting to go red and itchy from the solution and my skin has started to peel on my fingers which are stinging like mad. So they finally remove me from solution and file nails down back to natural state. Throughout this whole process, they're getting people in for waxes, eyelashes and nail extensions. All are told theres a wait of 20 mins.. er hello, i've been here since 2pm and at 4pm i've only managed to have my nails removed, which as they were so crappily done, i could've removed myself. I then get told that Millie is on her way over to do my nails now. She'll be half an hour. Half an hour? are you freaking kidding me? She was supposed to be present at 2pm, as she told me i couldnt wait (after i was sent away and told to come back in half an hour) the day before and therefore made the appointment on the basis she was the only person to rectify my nails.

I'm sorry, but that makes me feel like a mug. People are walking in and out for waxes and allsorts in less than half an hour, and i've been sat for 2 hours and have had minimal service and both girls have been pretty short with me. Its freaking ridiculous! They dont do refunds, I dont want my nails done again by them as they made such a mess I never want acrylics again, and my skin is sore as anything from them leaving me in the acetone... i'm not sure what to do now, other than possibly ask for a different treatment.

Wanted to punch someone when i left (after the phonecall at 4pm - didnt even get them redone) i was feeling pretty emotional full stop but i feel like they treated me like a total mug - i'm paying good money to get these done at MY convenience - i shouldnt be sidelined for people who walk in without appointments or just because i'm getting them redone because the first set werent up to standard.

*sigh*

totally stressing out about work.. i just dont feel organised enough even though i am planned up until wednesday afternoon (bar PSHE as i forgot the booklets). Got year 11's who have to be complete in a month in their first module and they only have enough evidence to cover 1/6 of their pass criteria.. sorry, what the F*CK have they been doing the past year?!

Not good on the nails front !! I'm guessing you wont be going there again !!
have a good week chickie !!

Hi Rach, sorry to hear about the horrible time you had trying to get your nails redone! It's bad enough that they don't do your nails right, but then to have bad customer service as well!
Hope you managed to do some relaxing yesterday evening and that you're having a good Monday! xx

I'd report that business to the Office of Fair Trading too and see what they can do.

Don't stress about the planning. I know you are doing a great job.

Irene xx

Reading all of that makes me glad i do my own acrylics!! xx

Hi Rach,

just catching up whilst having a cup a soup until I reached the part about being sick & coming out of nostrils:eek:

Great to see you have started your new posting, hope the planning etc gets abit easier for ya;)

Can,t believe the hassel you had with your nails, I would have been livid Rach, especially when you had been looking forward to getting them done:sigh:

Hope todays been better for ya x

I agree make a formal complaint about the nail malarky - not good enough :mad:

I thought teachers were making it up when they said about planning and marking on their days off ;)

Hope today has been a good one

cheers guys for your support.. i've had a crappy start to week - kids are taking mick with me being a new teacher, so as of tomorrow i'm going in proper horrible, hard headed Miss Craven and I am giving out consequences on the behaviour for learning system like its going to go out of fashion. I dont care who gets a lunchtime detention, i will have people quiet and listening to me when i ask them to.

Looking forward to first lesson though, as have lovely little year 7's who know they'll get knacked and generally won't misbehave :) Year 9's last lesson.. only 7 in class but they're all nutjobs who might throw furniture at me.. so i have the mini whiteboards out just incase!

I can't believe that carry on with your nails. Absolutely shocking!
Sorry your weeks started so badly, bring out bolshy Miss Craven and you'll soon get them sorted.

Hope there is no furniture thrown, at least not by the kids ;)

Having spent years working in a social work school for young offenders I sympathise. I once had a young lad put his chair on a table, sit on it with his back to me and refuse to come down when I was trying to run a groupwork session. I eventually just left him there till he got bored.

I also got a coffee mug in the face from a charming young woman who took offence when I asked her not to rub cake all over the furniture.

Hopefully your year 9 nutjobs aren't that nutty and the most you'll get is a bit of attitude which you can soon sort out xx

Oh Rach, I really do sympathise!! and the difference between them from year 7 to 9 is really quite scary!! Our club on a friday is for 11-14 and it's random to see the difference with every extra yr of age.. the ones that came to us at 11 all sweet and innocent, now pre 14 and are completely different, im sure they've had personality transplants..... Just go in and have a rah! - that's what we do, seems to scare them to attention...lol :) sure you're doing great, just show them who's boss :) xx

Hi Rach, sorry to hear this week hasn't started that great. Hopefully today will be better! xx

What a palava your nails have turned into Rach
poor you and blatantly obvious on there part that
they were being " funny " with you
because you had the gall to return to get them redone
as the work was so substandard.
They absolutely do need reporting that's shocking behaviour
on there part and even worst the way the owner treated you
I would have been quite rightly fuming!!

Sorry things aren't going so well with the new job at the moment
hopefully you'll soon settle in and have the wee ******* under control
x

I do hope today has been a calmer and more settled one for you Rach, if all else fails can you put the little angels in a cupboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back