Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending love and hugs your way Rach. I hope Amber has turned up safe and well and that work has been ok for you xx

still no sign of her :(

absolutely knackered as been in Spennymoor at NQT training all day (so still had to leave house for 7am :( ) and then have been lesson planning etc since i got home.

Catch up properly tomorrow. Just tired and miserable atm, missing Amber like mad.. she would usually keep me company while i lesson planned by lying off the back of the sofa over my shoulder, chewing on my power cable or generally dribbling and trying in vain to lie on my keyboard.. even as I'm typing :( feel awful for telling her off for all those things now.. just want her home.

Did Amber have a collar on with your details? If not have you asked at the local vets etc? Just in case she was found and they didn't know where she has come from.

Irene xx

Oh Rach,

I really hope Amber returns soon, its awful when you just don,t know. Our cat Ruby went missing 2 yrs ago, she was 13, so I really feel for ya hun x

Any news rach? xxxxx

update:

a lady rang today to impart the following information:

Her cat of similar description went missing in July. Since then, two other cats in her street alone have gone missing - all tabbies. One, like Amber, never went further than a couple of houses away.

All tabbies, all missing over the space of 2 or 3 streets, all since July. Rang police but what can they really do? Really makes it difficult to stay positive about it though :(

going to ring the vets in the morning to see if theres any word - dont really know where the closest vets even is!

Got my observation back through for the business studies lesson and was graded as inadequate. Totally agree, the lesson was horrendous but at the end of the day, I have to learn from it and improve and I am adamant that by next observation I will be teaching at very least satisfactory level. I am happy with that for Business as its not my first subject - I want a good or outstanding for my ICT lessons.

Good news though, I have been asked to pilot extra lessons in ICT for lower ability students - so they will have an extra hour of ICT per week. So I will move up from 0.6 to 0.75 - almost 4 full days a week. Very happy about that, and still happy that I'm not full time as I can survive on the 0.6, so 0.75 will suit me down to the ground - can get housey things done on my day off.

I also have another announcement. I had a phonecall from the docs the other day and they offered me a slimming world referral for my weight - I love WW, but i have to be realistic - I've cancelled my membership as I wasnt attending, wasnt following, and was struggling to stay true to the diet. So yesterday I went to my first SW meeting. I didnt have time to look through last night so today I have managed to rack up a whopping 25.5 syns on breakfast and lunch alone (only shopped tonight - so grabbed belvita breakfast biscuits - 3.5 WW points, 11 syns and a can of bgty tomato and three bean soup and a slice of wholemeal bread - 5.5 WW points, 14.5 syns - as they were all I had - no milk for cereal, no fruit, veg, and 1 egg was all i had that was EE friendly.. but i couldnt stomach it at 6 in the morning!)

Having a really good read through so I can start properly tomorrow, though I am having a syn free dinner on Extra Easy - spaghetti bolognese :)

I have set a xmas goal to be a size 16 - not sure what weight that will be, but I started last night at 15st 3lbs.

Good luck with SW. Hope you get good news about Amber.

You weren't 100% on your observation day as you were worrying about Amber and it is not your first subject so try not to worry.

Irene xx

I am so impressed with your post Rach. Despite feeling worried about Amber and recently starting a new job you have managed to get a new start with the weight loss. Massive well done for that, strangely enough I have toyed with the idea of sw again of late, at least theres not so much weighing and stuff. Hope it works out well for you.

Sending hugs for Amber, it must be very worrying but you are doing all you can and I will pray that she will be found safe and well.

Again I am impressed with your positive post about the job, it will improve and you are doing everything you can to get to where you want to be.

Have a lovely evening Rach you are my new hero xx

I've been considering SW too, funny the difference in points/syns isn't it?

Glad you are feeling positive about school :)

But I am very sorry Amber has still not turned up, but don't give up hope xx

aw Rach, you are fabbie you know. The school thing, its a learning curve (pardon the pun). You are veing very positve and sensible about it.
Hope you get to enjoy some of the weekend even though Im sure you are worrying about Amber.
Hugs. xx

Really keeping my fingers and toes crossed that amber turns up soon hun i cant imagine what you're going through thinking of ya hun

I think you'll like SW once you get your head around. Our starting weights were very similiar we can be diet buddies and the SW minimins site is very informative with some great recipes. You must try the baked beans lasagne sounds gross but totally yummy.

Love ya hun xx

Aw Rach,sorry to hear no firm news on Amber-huge hugs to ya and hoping for better news soon.
Glad you are feeling more positive at work-would they be offering you more hours if they really thought you were inadequate ?? I think not!!

As you know I've done sw a few times in the past,and it makes a nice change- I think once you get used to any plan you can get stuck in a rut eating similar things, that's when boredom strikes

Now I'm just trying to work out if this baked bean lasagne might be Harcombe friendly ??!!!

that'd be amazing, thanks Lyd. baked bean lasagne sounds SO nice. will hunt that out.

thank you so much everyone for the support on here. as always, you are all so amazing :)

my spaghetti bolognese was amazing.. ate what i wanted earlier, had the tiny little bit extra that i'd left just now as was feeling peckish.

so food for today:

B - belvita breakfast sinner biscuits :mad: (11s)
L - tomato and bean bgty soup (11.5s) slice wholemeal bread (3s)
T - spaghetti bolognese made with lean turkey mince, carrot, pepper, onion, celery, tomato, garlic, salt and pepper, basil, oregano, paprika, nutmeg, worcestershire sauce and 1tsp gravy granules (1s)
S - 1/2 honeydew melon

Drinks - low calorie squash

tomorrows plan:

B - ham, mushroom, onion and cheese omelette - 28g cheddar cheese
L - something fishy
T - remainder of spaghetti bolognese
S - honeydew melon, apple

and WTF - why are normal weetabix syned?! :(

Edit: panic over.. just read the next page and its okay.. weetabix are alright :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back