Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw i didnt realise you already had milo!
He has really cute markings on his face:D

As for men in the kitchen.....furthest lee goes is to the fridge for beer or wine & sadly thats just how i like it!:eek: No interfering & no me losing my rag!

Enjoy sunday rach x

Hi Rach hope you have a nice Sunday - chuckled a little at all the between meals eating on SW- that's what puts me off, I think I'd end up putting on haha x

isnt he absolutely lush Charly? hes dead skittish though and I feel awful if I'm frightening him! I am trying not to but every little movement and noise gets the big puss in boots eyes and the pulled back ears!

Laura, thing is, everything i've eaten is free.. and if im hungry im allowed to eat it.. i'm just not sure if i'm really hungry or just picking because im irritated x

They didnt do it on purpose Jess, it was an accident! I didnt rescue a battered cat, I rescued a cat whose family were moving abroad and wanted the best for a very nervous cat! :p

food for today:

B - 2 slices bacon, beans, mushrooms
L - youngs fish in butter sauce (1.5syns) cauliflower, peas, small jacket potato
T - pork loin steak with butter beans in a white wine and cream sauce (to be synned) with superfree veg.

Last edited:
Afternoon Rach

thinking out of the box here but does the 1/3rd of a plate superfree apply
when it's snacks ?
I just thought it was main meals :D
I like my version better haha!!

Anyway hope your having a lovely Sunday

Milo is so cute :) His stumpy tail is cute, but so sad that someone did that! Definitely looks like puss in boots.

I missed this bit but i dont want to know how he got his stumpy tail as it may make me want to cry!
x

No no, Milo had a run in with a door - his previous owners little boy was only 3 and shut it on him when he was a kitten by accident. Its the main reason he's so skittish but it definitely wasnt on purpose!

Hardly seen him today as he was up all night keeping us awake! :mad: so he's getting trained into bedtime routine like Amber was :p

anyway, food for today:

B - lean bacon, baked beans and mushrooms
L - fish in butter sauce (1.5syns) cauliflower, peas, small jacket potato
T - pork chop with butterbeans in a white wine and tarragon sauce (3 syns - 50ml white wine and 3 tbsp ww thick cream, onion, garlic) cabbage, green beans

Kally, when i went to class the other day they had a big discussion on EE as people were saying they would start a red day then go onto EE when they wanted more pasta and stuff.. but the leader said thats where people go wrong as they forget that with EE you're supposed to have at least 1/3 plate of superfood with every meal. I just dont like the idea of snacking on something thats not superfree incase i should be applying the same rule to snacks.. i mean i assume if i decided to eat scrambled eggs every time i wanted a snack that my weight loss would be very different from if i was snacking on fruit all the time.

In short, i dunno if you're supposed to apply the rule but i would prefer to to make sure im filling up on the right things.. i asked if there was any limit on eggs and the consultant said no.. but i still wouldnt want to eat more than 12 in a week as theyre on the doc's list of things to eat in moderation.

Clarri, today i have done nothing apart from head out for some food shopping, a little lesson planning and some desperate housewives watching :p

Last edited:
When I am in the house, I am keeping him active as possible by petting / playing with him so he doesnt sleep as much, and I'm training him into the same routine that Amber had, which is that he gets shut in the bathroom with his bed, food and litter tray overnight so he cant come and keep Matty and me awake. He's slyer than Amber so far in that he bolts for the door as soon as it opens so its a pain that i cant make a full night without a toilet stop :p but i'm still getting a good 4hrs extra sleep a night at least - some nights hes fine but other nights hes scratching at everything, miaowing, climbing in and out of the warddrobe, jumping up and down off things etc :p unless im comatose with tiredness he keeps me awake x

Hi Rach Hope you have a good day. I am going to a sw group tonight. Have decided it might be time for a change as am doing so badly at the moment. Looks a bit complicated, but time will tell for me.

Mmm its that long since i had a kitten i forget what a total pain in the rear end they are! Mind you ive just said that...how old is milo? shouldnt he have calmed down a bit by now? maybe its the new surroundings rach.

I so cant wait to have my persain kitten in the future, i wonder if it will be like my boys were,running up & down the curtains,my legs & the xmas tree!?

Have a great monday! x

No no, Milo had a run in with a door - his previous owners little boy was only 3 and shut it on him when he was a kitten by accident. Its the main reason he's so skittish but it definitely wasnt on purpose!

Hardly seen him today as he was up all night keeping us awake! :mad: so he's getting trained into bedtime routine like Amber was :p

anyway, food for today:

B - lean bacon, baked beans and mushrooms
L - fish in butter sauce (1.5syns) cauliflower, peas, small jacket potato
T - pork chop with butterbeans in a white wine and tarragon sauce (3 syns - 50ml white wine and 3 tbsp ww thick cream, onion, garlic) cabbage, green beans

Kally, when i went to class the other day they had a big discussion on EE as people were saying they would start a red day then go onto EE when they wanted more pasta and stuff.. but the leader said thats where people go wrong as they forget that with EE you're supposed to have at least 1/3 plate of superfood with every meal. I just dont like the idea of snacking on something thats not superfree incase i should be applying the same rule to snacks.. i mean i assume if i decided to eat scrambled eggs every time i wanted a snack that my weight loss would be very different from if i was snacking on fruit all the time.

In short, i dunno if you're supposed to apply the rule but i would prefer to to make sure im filling up on the right things.. i asked if there was any limit on eggs and the consultant said no.. but i still wouldnt want to eat more than 12 in a week as theyre on the doc's list of things to eat in moderation.

Clarri, today i have done nothing apart from head out for some food shopping, a little lesson planning and some desperate housewives watching :p

I don't tend to apply the third principle to snacking and as long as over the course of the day a good 1/3 or more of my total food intake in superfree then I usually feel I have followed the principles. Tonight I am having quorn bolognese but I have added loads of mushrooms, carrots and onions to it so I know that a 1/3 of that meal is veg as I'm not really the kind of person that has side salads. I always try to have 2-3 portions of fruit every day, one is a banana but try to have the others as the superfree fruits.

It does take some time to really get your head around the plan, and I still read the book cover to cover once a week, but you're great hun x

hello all,

just popping in with todays food:

B - 2 weetabix (HB) 350ml skimmed milk (HA)
L - minestrone soup made with tomato, celery, carrot, onion, pasta, chicken stock cube and water and 1 slice wholemeal bread (3syns)
T - lean lamb leg steak, red cabbage, brussel sprouts, gravy made with 3tsp gravy granules (3.5syns)
S - banana, 2 apples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back