Raffle money?

lucylupin

My friend and i do the raffle every week and have won some nice things,but we were wondering where does the money go?
Just being nosey really :confused:

oh right,i see people donating stuff as well. Tins and fruit etc
thanks for that

I like the idea of the raffle as it's nice to win something, HOWEVER my quibble with it is that we all pay 50p each for it (some crazy people buy 2 rows of tickets so that's a pound) which would be about £10 funds per week - they certainly do not spend all that money on refreshments and raffle prizes!

The raffle prize is all of £3 maximum, especially as now they decided to make the prize ingrediants for SW recipes (it used to be good stuff like a set of wine glasses - Asda Smart price stuff which isnt bad), anyway they also have the same boring coffee and tea hanging around for weeks on end, we never have an nice herbal teas or highlights hot choccie... so I've come to the conclusion that the Consultant is just pocketing the rest!

Our group have the raffle each week which some of the money gets spent on, the rest is saved for the special awards that happen throughout the year, like Miss Slinky and group Slimmer of Year and the winner usually gets flowers, wine etc so extra money covers these

Why not just ask your consultant ? I'm sure they will be happy to tell you exactly where the money goes

My consultant always brings in £5 worth of food for raffle prise and the rest goes into a kitty for our xmas party which is a great idea. xxx

At my group we're asked to bring in an item of free food or a low syn treat each week, that goes to the slimmer of the week. Then the raffle prizes are usually a large basket of veg and same size basket of fruit. Our consultant always has fruit teas, decaf coffee and suger free squash available.
I reckon we do very well for 50p :)

I like the idea of the raffle as it's nice to win something, HOWEVER my quibble with it is that we all pay 50p each for it (some crazy people buy 2 rows of tickets so that's a pound) which would be about £10 funds per week - they certainly do not spend all that money on refreshments and raffle prizes!

The raffle prize is all of £3 maximum, especially as now they decided to make the prize ingrediants for SW recipes (it used to be good stuff like a set of wine glasses - Asda Smart price stuff which isnt bad), anyway they also have the same boring coffee and tea hanging around for weeks on end, we never have an nice herbal teas or highlights hot choccie... so I've come to the conclusion that the Consultant is just pocketing the rest!

Wow, goes to show it really does depend on your consultant doesn't it! We get really good prizes, I reckon about 7-8 pounds worth and we have 2 prizes as it's quite a large group. I'm one of the crazy people who buys two strips too - but then I don't pay for class as i'm at target :D
And we get herbal tea and options although we do stick 20p in the pot for a hot drink!

i buy 2 strips every week so that costs me a £1. its to win a basket of fruit! what i dont like is that we take in a piece of fruit every week for the slimmer of the week i personally think they should win a basket of fruit or veg too made up at the grocers

Sometime if my consultant has had a busy week the raffle prize is the cash collected! this week tho it was stuff to make a strawberry desert

I organise the raffle at my group and spend about 5-6 pounds on a prize with the money i buy next weeks prize and refreshments tea, coffee, juice,milk, sweetner and sometime consultant brings in food for us to try that she had made at home (we had cheese cake this week out of the new mag) so money goes towards that.

I started with a five pound kitty and like i say i usually spend about 5-6 on the prize, the raffle generally makes 5-10 pounds sometimes less so raffle prize is making a loss at times if not many people stay to class, extra money stays in the kitty for when we need to buy refreshments, this week we needed coffee, tea and juice so all the kitty money has gone, i also used to organise the raffle at bigger group where raffle made a lot more money so i would get bigger prizes like kitchen gadgets and the money rolled over til xmas and i made up a hamper of sw food about 100 quids worth of food all sw friendly :)

There have been a lot of negative comments about raffle/sotw prizes on here lately, and it's quite sad to hear how poor they are at some groups. I'm lucky to have a fantastic consultant and group, where our prizes are always good quality and something that you actually want to win - you can see that our C has put a lot of thought into them.

I always buy two strips of tickets for the raffle and the latest prizes (that I can remember!) have been things like: all of the ingredients needed to make the fritatta out of the latest magazine; a "back to basics" pack containing things like chopped tomatoes, baked beans, alpen lights, etc; a pot of "grow your own" peppers/tomatoes (I so wanted to win these!!); a pamper pack containing things like the magazine, options hot chocolate, bubble bath, candle, etc, etc. I don't think there has ever been a week where I have looked at the raffle prize and not wanted to win it.

A few weeks ago the prize was a 'voucher' (made by the consultant) for either a free week at group of £5's worth of items from the shop. I do the pay station, and the lady that won it used it for a free week. The left over money from the raffle paid for this.

Last time I won the raffle, I won a voucher for our local butchers. It was for £5 and to spend on meat only - so we weren't tempted by the pies, pastries and cakes. Out of that, I managed to get a steak, a chicken breast and a gammon steak - I thought it was a great prize!

I am the raffle lady atmy group and the proceeds obviously go back into buying the prizes and paying for the ( free ) teas and coffees. I always do at least 2 prizes, sometimes 3 depending on previous week's numbers. Every week I do a breakfast prize - baconb, eggsa, mushrooms, beans etc and then a vegi type on , jacket pots, cheese yogurts etc. I sometimes also buy vouchers from local shops, ie, butchers etc. too. x

I am the raffle lady atmy group and the proceeds obviously go back into buying the prizes and paying for the ( free ) teas and coffees. I always do at least 2 prizes, sometimes 3 depending on previous week's numbers. Every week I do a breakfast prize - baconb, eggsa, mushrooms, beans etc and then a vegi type on , jacket pots, cheese yogurts etc. I sometimes also buy vouchers from local shops, ie, butchers etc. too. x

good ideas, if i do the ingredients to a raffle i usually go for a veggie option as there's a few veggies at my group but may do the 2 prizes if the sales are good from the previous week

where having a taster class next week so i will make the trifle out of the new mag with the proceeds as well as making my own taster :)

There have been a lot of negative comments about raffle/sotw prizes on here lately, and it's quite sad to hear how poor they are at some groups. I'm lucky to have a fantastic consultant and group, where our prizes are always good quality and something that you actually want to win - you can see that our C has put a lot of thought into them.

I always buy two strips of tickets for the raffle and the latest prizes (that I can remember!) have been things like: all of the ingredients needed to make the fritatta out of the latest magazine; a "back to basics" pack containing things like chopped tomatoes, baked beans, alpen lights, etc; a pot of "grow your own" peppers/tomatoes (I so wanted to win these!!); a pamper pack containing things like the magazine, options hot chocolate, bubble bath, candle, etc, etc. I don't think there has ever been a week where I have looked at the raffle prize and not wanted to win it.

A few weeks ago the prize was a 'voucher' (made by the consultant) for either a free week at group of £5's worth of items from the shop. I do the pay station, and the lady that won it used it for a free week. The left over money from the raffle paid for this.

Last time I won the raffle, I won a voucher for our local butchers. It was for £5 and to spend on meat only - so we weren't tempted by the pies, pastries and cakes. Out of that, I managed to get a steak, a chicken breast and a gammon steak - I thought it was a great prize!

there is a lot of complaints isn't there, you just can't please some people or you can't please everyone! lol seems like some people always look for the negative, personally i try to think positive, i love the idea of the raffle and SOTW basket. For me group is a social evening away from the baby and hubby, where i just get to be me. i always buy a raffle ticket even if i've already got the prize as i drink plenty of tea at group ;) x

My consultant spends £8 to £10 quid a week the raffle prizes are great but sometimes she makes a loss and it also pays for tea coffee milk etc (we have green tea and sometimes herbal) sometimes she asks for donations for tea and coffee but only if you havent bought a raffle ticket and she regularly explains where the money goes. Consultants spend quite a lot of their own money on competiton sashes/prizes certificates etc and they also have to pay for all the certificates (half stone stone etc) and the target badges SAS logs etc. I don't begrudge her a penny but I have been to groups where the raffle prize is crap ours is always great has all the ingredients for a meal and usually a HEb either cereal fresh bread or cereal bars or all 3. I love winning the raffle well worth 50p

Back