Raffles in class - what are your prizes?

Ours is 50p a strip and the prize is about £2-3 worth of food for a recipe normally.

We don't pay for tea or coffee and if there's any money left at christmas it goes towards our meal.

I guess it does depend on how many buy tickets at a group though!

I go to a massive group that has been split into 3 sessions.
I used to like our raffle - 10p a strip for a tem of food (everyone who put on last week had to ring something in)
Now its been changed to 50p a strip and we get total crud, like a pocket notebook worth 20p. She puts the rest of the money towards the £5 the slimmer of the month wins.
We certainly dont get refreshments or a christmas meal or anything!

we dont get xmas meals or refreshments etc either lol! and when people bring raffel prize in, say 6 people brought 6 things in she calls 6 numbers out...

We have one prize, whether it be the ingrediants for a recipe, a recipe book, a kitchen utensil etc. We occasionally have a 2nd prize of the SOTW basket, if the SOTW doesn't stay for the meeting.

I won it this week (3rd time) and got the "One Pot Wonders" cook book, which I was happy about. I did win the ingredients of salmon fishcakes once, but they were disgusting!!! Ha ha!!

you can sell the book on ebay and make a profit lol

I won it this week (3rd time) and got the "One Pot Wonders" cook book, which I was happy about. I did win the ingredients of salmon fishcakes once, but they were disgusting!!! Ha ha!![/QUOTE]

i won the curry book the other week but im not a curry fan :(

Our raffle basket is crap lol.. it is filled with fruit and veg.. I have won it a couple of times the last time I had it there was a cucumber and it was minging and squishy and wet... actually threw it in the bin. Its 50p a strip or 2 for a £1 obviously lol

So I really hate it when I win the sotw basket (filled with manky fruit and veg) and the raffle...more crap veg!

I would have said it was a one off.. but I was shopping in Morrisons and saw her buying fruit and veg off the reduced shelf. Lush!

Ours are 50p a strip,a nd there is only one prize. Usually its ingerdients for a certain recipe, or tupperware boxes, recipe books, this week it was BBQ utensils! Then twice a year, our C holds a huge raffle, where she uses all the money made so far to buy a whole heap of prizes (cases of beer, small exercise equipment, toiletries etc). Last year there was still a lot of money left over, so she bought us all a xmas present!

I won a plastic spatula in the raffle once & is use it all the time ;)

BTW forgot to say we are doing a big raffle for a activ fry & all profits are to macmillim

Ah yes we did one of those too maypole - well worth winning an actifry!

ours are 50p a ticket - prizes this week were some tea towels and a tongs

last week were little plastic measuring pots that looked a little like shot glasses - i won one of those :)

not amazing prizes that ive seen so far

You have a raffle? And a slimmer of the week basket? SPOILT! THE LOT OF YOU! :D

We have neither. I got a certificate last week when I got my first SOTW. (And I shall treasure it always because it will probably be the only one I ever get!! :D).

No raffle. No prizes. No nuffings. *Cry*

You have a raffle? And a slimmer of the week basket? SPOILT! THE LOT OF YOU! :D

We have neither. I got a certificate last week when I got my first SOTW. (And I shall treasure it always because it will probably be the only one I ever get!! :D).

No raffle. No prizes. No nuffings. *Cry*

Awww I cant believe you get nowt! Bless ya

Awww I cant believe you get nowt! Bless ya

I KNOW! Hard done to, me!

I think I will kick up a massive fuss when I go to class next week and DEMAND a raffle.

Or, I might not, because I am a timid little mouse and they already look at me with evil eyes because "I can cook". Just because I said I had made a syn free curry with a syn free yogurt dressing...

Either or. We are having a party next week so I need to come up with some impressive tasters, or my reputation will be in tatters! :break_diet:

I KNOW! Hard done to, me!

I think I will kick up a massive fuss when I go to class next week and DEMAND a raffle.

Or, I might not, because I am a timid little mouse and they already look at me with evil eyes because "I can cook". Just because I said I had made a syn free curry with a syn free yogurt dressing...

Either or. We are having a party next week so I need to come up with some impressive tasters, or my reputation will be in tatters! :break_diet:

we had taste evening and theres a lady at mine whos at target and everweek tells us about all thse new foods she came to taster class early with lots of gorgeous food and all recipe printed out .. i just remember thinking wow wish i could do that... i had all recipes in my book whn lost it but will get my friend to send me them.. there was
lime pudding
chinese chicken
all these amazing pasta and rice dishes

Ours is the same 50p for a strip of 5 but our prizes are great. Each week it is something different here are some examples:-

Glass fruit bowl and ingredients to make the taster from group

A rice cooker

Egg cooker

Digital scales

Back