Rage dump

Serena A

Can't think of a title
You know when you would really like to say something to someone but you can’t because it would either rock the boat too much or you think of the perfect response too late? Or when a total stranger looks you up and down in that certain way and you would just love to say something to them? And then you just keep replaying the scenario in your head?

Well I thought I would use this thread as somewhere to let it all out without the real life consequences. I would just rant in my diary but I often read through my diary for inspiration and don’t want to keep reminding myself about certain experiences.

This isn’t meant as a negative thread at all (no personal attacks on anyone!) but just as somewhere I can vent my feelings without necessarily having to explain all the background unless I feel like it, so that I can then forget all about it and move on.

Anyway.....to a certain family member I would just love to yell (whilst shaking them vigourously by the shoulders :D) :

“For the umpteenth time I DO NOT WANT TO EAT! It will NOT make me feel better! Yes I know that one night off the diet will not make me fat but I also know that it will send me off on a three month binge so that all I will be left with is a 2stone reminder of the stressful time I’m going through right now. So BACK OFF!!”

If I really said this it would cause unbelievable tension – in real life I smile sweetly and say “no I’m ok thanks” :mad:.

Ahh that’s better – rage dumped! :D:D

Feel free to join me if you need to…

You know when you would really like to say something to someone but you can’t because it would either rock the boat too much or you think of the perfect response too late? Or when a total stranger looks you up and down in that certain way and you would just love to say something to them? And then you just keep replaying the scenario in your head?

Well I thought I would use this thread as somewhere to let it all out without the real life consequences. I would just rant in my diary but I often read through my diary for inspiration and don’t want to keep reminding myself about certain experiences.

This isn’t meant as a negative thread at all (no personal attacks on anyone!) but just as somewhere I can vent my feelings without necessarily having to explain all the background unless I feel like it, so that I can then forget all about it and move on.

Anyway.....to a certain family member I would just love to yell (whilst shaking them vigourously by the shoulders :D) :

“For the umpteenth time I DO NOT WANT TO EAT! It will NOT make me feel better! Yes I know that one night off the diet will not make me fat but I also know that it will send me off on a three month binge so that all I will be left with is a 2stone reminder of the stressful time I’m going through right now. So BACK OFF!!”

If I really said this it would cause unbelievable tension – in real life I smile sweetly and say “no I’m ok thanks” :mad:.

Ahh that’s better – rage dumped! :D:D

Feel free to join me if you need to…

Glad you got it off your chest hun!!!!...lol. Bet it felt great bashing away at that keyboard to type that.....:banghead::character00148:

Hey I know where you are coming from, i had a big big discussion on a certain site, explaining im on a vlcd and that im doing really well, and all i got was negativity which kinda got me angry coz these people take the piss out of us fatties yet when we do something positive for ourselves and our health they have to rant about that, you cant win..makes me so cross, just because most of them are stick thin and dont need to do anything even if they eat tons of food they dont put weight on....Rarrrrrrrrrrr

sending a hug x

Well I'll remember this thread - I'm sure it will come in very handy at times.

Well dumped! :)

Oh - I've just had a similar rant on a new thread. Sending carb-free hug :)

So sorry girls but I need to dump some more rage...to someone in my CD group who cheats each week but has lost around the same as me in total:

SHUT UP I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!

I'm not usually this angry but feel I need to explain a little before I'm written off as an old whingebag. My dad passed away last week and I have made a monumental effort to stick to SS despite my overwhelming urge to comfort eat. I know that if I go off the rails now I won't recover for a long time, and it has also helped me to have something else to focus on. So when I make that huge effort whilst everyone is trying to cheer me up with food, and then to have someone in my CD group go on about how they eat a bit of this or a bit of that EVERY WEEK, it's getting me down a bit.

Oh well...I made it through this evening's meeting without snapping at her and can let it go now :sigh: Sorry for the 2nd rant of the day but I feel much better now I've got that out. :eek:

Thanks Pete x I almost feel guilty coming on here but it keeps me admirably distracted. By the way I've just looked at your goals and you're doing so well!

So sorry girls but I need to dump some more rage...to someone in my CD group who cheats each week but has lost around the same as me in total:

SHUT UP I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!

I'm not usually this angry but feel I need to explain a little before I'm written off as an old whingebag. My dad passed away last week and I have made a monumental effort to stick to SS despite my overwhelming urge to comfort eat. I know that if I go off the rails now I won't recover for a long time, and it has also helped me to have something else to focus on. So when I make that huge effort whilst everyone is trying to cheer me up with food, and then to have someone in my CD group go on about how they eat a bit of this or a bit of that EVERY WEEK, it's getting me down a bit.

Oh well...I made it through this evening's meeting without snapping at her and can let it go now :sigh: Sorry for the 2nd rant of the day but I feel much better now I've got that out. :eek:
Serena you need to block your ears to it,we all know its going to come out every week,it is frustrating but luvvy you have done so well and your weight loss is consistent,I was peed off the week I had my 40th and stuck to it like glue and she had done the same thing as she always does and lost more than me that week.The difference is in a couple of months you will be at goal,in a couple of years she will still be doing it.As long as you are giving it your all what more can you do,it doesnt matter if you are losing more or less than anyone else,what matters is that you are doing it and you are going to get there.
(((((((hugs)))))))
xx

Thanks Julie, wise words, I can always rely on you for support xx I really had to bite my tongue this evening though. I feel like a self-indulgent moaner tonight so apologies but I'll get over it soon enough. By the way you looked fab tonight, can really see it falling off you.

Last edited:
Horrible isnt it? Its kinda put me off track for a while, but Im determined to get back to normal. I think its because I go from feeling quite happy to Not Enjoying Any Of This Actually. Never mind - hope it gets better for you too xx

Serena,you wont be going round to her front room then? sorry couldnt resist, how horrid am I,lol.

My rant is about money, why isnt there any in mine or my fellas bank account , despite both of us working our arses off, sooooo annoying, will mean I will have to give cd up for a while, wanted so badly to do the maintainance programme,have some spares, ohhhhhhhh bother,lol,( how controlled was that,lol,)
Night all.

Need to dump some rage, not about the diet but about.....X FACTOR!!

Diana sounds like a strangled cat and where on EARTH does that weird accent come from when she sings ? Someone do this to her pur-lease!! :ignore:

:D

I'm def with you on this one - awful singing, ruined an amazing song - can't understand the words she sings!

Back