Cruise PV Rahhh weight loss slowing down

Allyson*

hi everyone, hope everyones ok.

just wanted a bit of advice really, i did 7 days of attack and lost 11 lbs which i was really chuffed about, but ive been on cruise since thursday (4 days) and only lost 1 lb.

i know 12lb is a great weight loss over 11 days, but im just wondering why it was slowing down.

more importantly, does anyone have any tips to boost weight loss again.

thanks everyone x

Congratulations

The weight loss in cruise is slower - but much more permanent.

In Attack you lose water - right now you are actually losing fat - real, solid fat.

Keep going!

i only lost 1lb in my first week of cruise but as you can see i lose an average of just over 2.5lbs a week now. It does seem disheartening at first but as Atropos says its REAL weight now not water!

Hi Allyson,
First, congrats on the fabby loss during Attack! You did great!!
What's happening in Cruise is TOTALLY normal. Here's my log from my transition from Attack to Cruise - you'll see the same thing happened to me (in fact, I gained). But as long as you stick with the diet as prescribed, then you absolutely will continue to lose.

18/Apr - 202 Starting weight (but was bloated from a Chinese and also had Sushi all day before... loads of salt!)
19/Apr - 198.7 -4.3lbs
20/Apr - 195.7 -3.0lbs
21/Apr - 193.9 -1.8lbs
22/Apr - 191.2 - 2.7lbs (last day of Attack - lose 11.8lbs total!)
23/Apr - 190.8 -0.4lbs
24/Apr - 191.4 +0.8lbs ... stayed until
27/Apr - 193.3!! +1.9lbs Up again, but TOM.... stayed until
30/Apr - 190.1 -0.7 (from lowest prev)
1/May - 188 (whoopee!). - 2.1 Stayed around same +/- lb all week and then today...
6/May - 187.6 -0.4

I would stall sometimes for up to a couple of weeks and then have a huge jump. I wouldn't make any changes to diet itself but what seemed to up loss would be to actually eat more. I found that in my desire to lose weight I sometimes didn't eat enough... staggering the calories (so one day I was up to 2000 but then have a few 1200-1400) would do the trick.

Keep up the great work and try not to be obsessed with the scales. Make sure you take your measurements - that's what always got me through (barely!) the stalls. I know they're tough, but don't let them discourage you in the least if you're eating clean.

Best of luck!

Hi Allyson,

I know how you feel, I did attack last week for 5 day and lost 7 lbs! Started Crusie on saturday and weighed this morning to find I had put on 1lb!

I am gonna go by the advice given by soshbfly, jezzebel and Antropos and hope they are right - I am sure they are so gonna stick at it!!

I am so proud of myself, not having bread, rice, pasta or CHOCOLATE!! etc for this length of time!! I have been on so many diets over the years, even having a Gastric Band for four years! (and getting down from 16 stone to 10 stone) and have never been able to stick to any of the normal weight loss diets - WW, SW etc for more than a couple of days!!

Keep going Allyson I am sure we can do it!! I am going on holiday at the end of August and intend to stick at it at least until then, and be sensible while away. Then go back on Attack when I get home to kick start it again.

It is totally normal adjustment to fat loss rather than water in attack phase.
Frustrating after such big losses on attack but your doing fantastic and it will soon mount up hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think people assume that because you get a big loss in attack week that will carry on. Dukan does state that the maintained weight loss of approx 2lb a week is what you would expect over the cruise phase, so do not be disappointed. Slow steady weight loss is much easier to maintain than large losses. Also if you calculated your true weight on the Dukan site and see how long he gives you to reach it, it works out at roughly 2lb a week. So stick with it :)

Back