Raisins??!!

cackle

Hi y'all! I'm into week 2 of my Xenical diet and lost 2.8lbs on my first - wud've loved a bigger loss but hey ho, it's sustainable at least. I've been watching what I eat and not experienced any 'nasty' side effects really, but my main questions is...are raisins detrimental to the diet? They're virtually low fat but not sure about the calories. I've been munching away on them instead of junk, but the scales aren't shifting. Know I shouldn't be a slave to the scales but can't resist!!

Thanks in advance for any feedback received! :sigh:

While raisins are low fat, they are high in sugar, so yep if you're eating loads of the wee b uggers, then it could very well be detrimental to your weight loss. A small box of raisin ( 43g) has 129 calories so yep they're high in calories too.
I found some info that said that 1 cup of raisins is equivalent to 8 cups of fresh grapes :eek:

yeah defo! dried fruit its concentrated sugar! If u ate 20 grapes youd be cram packed full if u ate 20 raisins youd be satrving so more like;y to eat something else too!

stick to fresh fruit! :)

Oki doki...well that's knocked that wee treat on the head then!! Thank you all for taking the time to reply to me, I really do appreciate it :) xx

Back