ramadan any suggestions

Anyone else feel really really sick after drinking so much water in the evenings?? :(

Hope you all have a good day :) xx

Anyone else feel really really sick after drinking so much water in the evenings?? :(

Hope you all have a good day :) xx
No, but it is hard work to get it all in. This morning I decided to have a liter instead of half a liter so that I wont have that much to drink in the evening. Have you tried to have some water flavoring instead of plain water?

No, but it is hard work to get it all in. This morning I decided to have a liter instead of half a liter so that I wont have that much to drink in the evening. Have you tried to have some water flavoring instead of plain water?

How are you doing today Anisah, I hope you're well.

I can manage about 2.5 litres now :) during the hours we can eat and drink but its just that i feel so bloated and sick :( because my tummy is full of water. When i feel like this i cant stand the thought of food, just thinking of it makes me want to throw up :jelous: I will try getting some water flavourings for next week.

xx

How are you doing today Anisah, I hope you're well.

I can manage about 2.5 litres now :) during the hours we can eat and drink but its just that i feel so bloated and sick :( because my tummy is full of water. When i feel like this i cant stand the thought of food, just thinking of it makes me want to throw up :jelous: I will try getting some water flavourings for next week.

xx

I am thirsty. LOL It's almost time to break fast here. Another half hour. I bought some fizzy water for tonight to give myself a change. I think I might try to add some water flavors to that too. Are you doing alright?

I am thirsty. LOL It's almost time to break fast here. Another half hour. I bought some fizzy water for tonight to give myself a change. I think I might try to add some water flavors to that too. Are you doing alright?

Half an hour!! Lucky you!! I've stil got 4 and half hours to go yet. I am doing ok so far. I was very hungry at 2pm but its gone now, i do feel abit headachey tho :(.

I am off to morissons in a sec, need to buy some food for my low carb meals.

Anyway, i best go do my shopping. Speak to you soon :) xx

Hi ladies, Just thought I would pop by and see how you are doing? From the thread it seems like things are going really well, and you have avoided stuffing yourself silly :D Well done to you, not sure I could do it! lol. How long is ramadan? Good luck!

i cannot beleive how committed you all are, both to your religion and the diet, well done , i said to nas b4.....if it were me i think i would have had to change religion for a month or so!!!!!!!!!!! or offer to work continuous night shifts!!!!!

Hi ladies, Just thought I would pop by and see how you are doing? From the thread it seems like things are going really well, and you have avoided stuffing yourself silly :D Well done to you, not sure I could do it! lol. How long is ramadan? Good luck!
Hi, thanks. I think it's easier than it seems. We're already used to not eating because of the diet so it kind of helps with the fasting. I was thinking to do Cambridge for 2 weeks before every Ramadan from here on out. I really think it helps.
i cannot beleive how committed you all are, both to your religion and the diet, well done , i said to nas b4.....if it were me i think i would have had to change religion for a month or so!!!!!!!!!!! or offer to work continuous night shifts!!!!!
Night shifts sounds good. I am a stay at home mom and I sometimes think about keeping the kids up all night so we can sleep all day. LOL

I think you get used to fasting beause we start at a young age. I think i started fasting when i was about 10 years old, but i would only do as many days as i can manage and depending on when it occurs in the year i could be winter or summer days.

Ramadhan lasts for 30 days sometimes 29 depending on the sighting of the new moon in Saudi Arabia. The very next day we have a big celebration called Eid where we eat gorjus food, dress up, get our hair done etc (well thats what us girls do, lol), visit friends and family and go out (usually to wimmy road, lol) and just have a nice day.

Personally my sleeping pattern is all over the place. On some nights i cnt sleep untill 1am/2am ( too many trips to the loo due to all the water we drink on cd, lol) and then i am up again at 3am to eat and then asleep at 5am after prayers and then up again at 11am or 1pm if i have a lie in.

I prefer it in the summer when the days are shorter and we dont have to get up untill 6amish to eat.

Anyway, i just thought i'd fill you in abit about Ramadhan if anyone was interested,lol.

I hope you're all having a good day :) xx

Hi Lesley, thank you for telling us about the article in the magazine. Would you mind teling me what the gist of it is, i wont be able to see my CDC for a few weeks as she is away. I would really appreciate it.

Are all the CD products now halal, including the mix a mouse and the chicken soups etc?? It would be nice to include abit more variety when i'm back on SS.

Thanks again xx
It's too long to do a summary, but I've scanned it, so if you'd like a copy, just email me: [email protected].

The Halal Cert lists all the sachet products (soups and shakes, inc lactose free), with the exception of the new Porridge. There is no mention of any other product - cartons, bars, MAM or flavourings. You could phone Head Office to check?

Have a great day, all of you!

Hi lesley, i've emailed and PMed you. I'm all excited now to read the article, i really want to get back on CD SS.

I would think the porridge should be ok unless it has animal products/gellatine in it. I would really like to try the porridge, it sounds yum. Thanks for letting us know about whats Halal, its good to know if i decide to try the soups :)

I hope everyone is having a good day :) xx

Fasting on Cambridge

Hi

I started Cambridge in April and have lost 4 stone.
I am a stone off target and thought it would be really hard to manage over Ramadan.
I have moved up to 810 so I have weetabix with soya milk and sweetener in the morning washed down with a litre of water and half a sachet of choclate made into a hot drink.
At iftari I open my fast with a bar and a litre of water. Then say my prayers and have a salad plus protein (cottage cheese, tuna, chicken etc) followed by a chocolate tetra brick from the freezer.
I drink about two litres between 8 and 10pm and limit myself to not drinking much after that because it would mean getting up to the loo. I don't feel hungry and have managed to lose 3 pounds so far which is steady.
I think its easier to manage this if you stay at home to open your fast. If I was invited out I would be in trouble with all the samosas, curry, naans and puddings etc. mmmmm food!!! lol!!

Hope this gives you some ideas and good luck

hey Raven,

sounds like a fab plan.... so glad you shared, I may try your approach, and have the bar.... and than later my salad at iftari time.... hmmmm will try this from today!!!! At teh min i have my salad than i'm starving so want to eat more.... so if i have the bar first with water and than the salad later.... might not feel quite so pekish!!! :) will et you know how it goes x

hmmmm samosa's, naan, curry's, puddings..... What are you going to do on Eid?

Hi hun

Eid - oh no and oh dear!!
I will have to use the "already eaten" line. But it won;t work. I might try taking a bottle of water with me to distract folk and keep swigging at that whilst prentding to eat. If I have rice etc a trick is to create a donut shape on the plate and fill the centre with the yoghurt dressing. This looks like you have a bed of rice with yoghurt on top. The yoghurt is usually very low fat natural yoghurt so is less damaging than the rice!.
No samosas etc. How about trying to cough a few times and say you aren't eating fried food at the moment as you developed a bad throat whilst fasting? lol? !
The other thing I have done that has worked is getting as small a plate as possible and instead of doing starters, maina nd pudding just put a bit of everything on your plate. That way you give the impression of eating a full plate but its less damaging than three courses. It makes you feel ike a closet anorexic - pretending not to eat etc.
I find people just don't understand and in fact like to fatten you up as think its healthier to have a nice round face etc

The really good thing will be being able to wear and nice slim fitted outfit as opposed to a bag - lol!!

Let me know your hints and ideas.
Cheers

lol...... love that post..... i did LL in 2006 and abstained through Eid... I dont know how i did it but i didnt eat a morsel, all day and noone knew i was doing a VLCD!!!!!!

This time I'll prolly do what u do and put a teaspoon of each thing on my plate.... oh and not going round to too many houses, and not cooking anything too nice at home... lol x

I do say i don't eat too many carbs... and that helps me a lot cos most foods have carbs in them.... lol might try and say the dr said i have an allergy to carbs... might even be able to brainwash myslef into thinking that... and it could be a long term excuse!!! :)

Nas x

Hi

I have allergies anyway so just add to the growing list.

I find my family like the idea of doctors advising you not to eat certain foods!

I think not making too many bad foods at home will help. What happens with us is that we end up visiting all the elders and any food I make ends up in my tummy!!!
I might try making something like a savoury yoghurt salad - chaat. Its not as fattening as other options.

Definitely do not buy any tins of sweets etc as you know who will eat them lol!

One option that alos worked for me on abirthday was I took a couple of pieces of chicken from the savoury, added some salad and the yoghurt dip to my plate and this again ooked ike a full plate.
When its curry and chapatti etc I use my 18 month old as a cover. I washe the chicken etc s that takes off all the high fat sauce and then have the chaptti in very smal pieces and drink lots of water. I think its very hard because in my culture a lot of the social events revolve around a big high fat meal.

Have you bought any new outfits yet?

How long have you been doing the diet?

raven

I did LL between Nov 2006 and feb 2007.... was doing great than slowly from sept 2007 till may this year put a couple of stone back on.... just getting rid of it again now!!!!

Haven't been shopping recently... but prolly will go next week or the following week, for my eid outfit, and some stuff for my winter wardrobe x have had a crappy few days... at iftari time... eating junk..... but hoping to go back on 810 from tomorrow x

Hi guys, i just wanted to pop in and say a kwik hi as i havn't been able to get on the computer for awhile. I hope you're all well and ramadan is going well for you. Lots of great posts in here (thank you raven123 for your suggestions), i will have a read through them properly when i'm next in here as i am half aslp right now.

Speak to you all soon.

Ramadan Mubarak raven123 :)

xx :)

Hi maybe baby and dieting queen

Hope you are coping with the diet and fasting.

Had a difficult day today because I was on a training course. Everyone was eating and drinking all day and kept on asking me if I wanted anything.

Willpower and motivation under stress!

On the way home I went to the local tkmaxx. Saw a suit in size 10. Trousers fastened but not comfortably so. But still thats a massive achievement. It was great being able to look at a wide range of clothes. Still felt like I was at a jumble sale though. lol!

Okay sisters, I have caved. I have been thinking this whole time that it should be easier to do this but it hasn't. I have been making soups this month for the family and could not resist on a couple of occasions. Now that I have had a taste of real food it has been hard for me to get back on the wagon. Yesterday I didn't even have one serving of Cambridge. Have any of you fell off course during Ramadan before and got back on it? I am thinking to just restart after Eid. Do you think that's a bad idea?

Back