ramadan any suggestions

hi anisah

well ive been try to get on the diet for many weeks but my other hlf suggested to start in ramazan cas its the best time. its the 13th roza and today finally i kicked myself and said thats it if i want to look a little better for eid i have to do something even though i have a long way. so ive enjoyed all the food but i really need to lose atleast 7lbs before eid (fat chance of that)

just think whats best for u. i mean in ramadan the opening and closing the roza with the family is 1 of the best things and its hard with just the shakes.

Salam aliakom sisters

ramadan mubareck to all of you!

I really enjoyed reading all the ways to 'hide' your VLCD during this time of year!

I am not entirely new to CD...fell pregnant last year while on it!

just had my baby a few months ago and ready to start CD on Monday, inshallah...

hoping to confirm <loselose> with her statement that ramadan is the best time to start.

wishing you all the best, inshallah, whichever method you take...

and remember --> no one climbed a mountain by just looking at it! (just as long as we continue moving forward, we r doing great!)

hi Everyone,

I have to admit i have fallen off the wagon toooo.... I'm fine at sehri time, but find Iftari really hard... I must admit i havent had a pack for a few days now!!!!!

don't knwo what to do.... might just have packs for sehri... and food at night.... having a difficulty controlling my sweet tooth though!!!! went to the shop last few days.... and the mithai is sooooo shouting out to me... I have avoided but i dont knwo for how long... i just dare not get it cos i'll eat the whole lot!!!! :)

Nas x

hi Everyone,

I have to admit i have fallen off the wagon toooo.... I'm fine at sehri time, but find Iftari really hard... I must admit i havent had a pack for a few days now!!!!!

don't knwo what to do.... might just have packs for sehri... and food at night.... having a difficulty controlling my sweet tooth though!!!! went to the shop last few days.... and the mithai is sooooo shouting out to me... I have avoided but i dont knwo for how long... i just dare not get it cos i'll eat the whole lot!!!! :)

Nas x

Okay so it's not just me. I don't understand it. For a month before Ramadan I could resist food and now suddenly it's harder? I don't get it. My temporary solution until I can get my head straight is, I have iftar with the family, but I can only have 2 teaspoons of whatever it is they are eating and then I have my shakes. (Count the calories making sure I don't eat more than 300 calories a night) No more cake or desserts, but on Eid I AM making a cobbler and I WILL have a small baby piece. LOL The day after Eid I will be going back to SSing unless I decide to fast those 1st 6 days after that, but I think it will be TOTM.

Maybe you should think of a plan just to get you through the month. There's only a couple more weeks and maybe you can still have some good losses if you compramise. I have lost 3 pounds this week so far and weigh in on Thursday. So my plan is working so far.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Anisah.... I have weigh in on Tuesday.... I will re assess after that, what plan to do!!!!! I am trying to go for maintain at the minute.... but haven't stepped on the scales for a few days!!!!!!!!

well doen on your 3lb's off..... thats great x and well done for sticking to two teaspoons of things..... :) X

This post is so interesting, you are all amazing well done.xx

sorry to but into your thread.

hi all hope u r doing great

well i started yesturday again and im doing ok so far but its really hard at iftari time. i might do the same and have just two tablespoons of everything. sehri time is fine i have my shake and 1 litre of water.

ive got two weeks to lose half a stone or am i asking for too much.

hi all hope u r doing great

well i started yesturday again and im doing ok so far but its really hard at iftari time. i might do the same and have just two tablespoons of everything. sehri time is fine i have my shake and 1 litre of water.

ive got two weeks to lose half a stone or am i asking for too much.

Hi, I think you can definately do it. Go for it!

Hi ladies, how is everyone? I am so sorry i havent been about much, i've been major busy with uni stuff and trying to finish the quraan before TOTM. Then by the time i get a chance to get on here around this time i be half asleep and cant remember what i read in the posts, lol.

But i wanted to see how everyone is gettin on with ramadan. I hope you're all doing well and things are going well with CD. I am finding that the fasting is gettin alittle easier but it can be dificult at Iftari time with all the temptation.

I have been doing okish. I have my tuna salad at Sehri and chicken/fish in the evenings but i must admit that over the weekend i did allow myself to have a few treats, out of boredome with fish and chicken, but i am happy with it. From tomorrow i am going to try to SS, but i may have a tuna salad in the evenings if i find i need the extra energy to read my prayers as you know that they're extra long in the evenings.

Naz, Anisah, loselose and nina, our newcomer, lol, how are you all gettin on?? Anisah i think i read that you'd had alittle blip? Did you decide to get back onto SS or take a break untill after Eid? Nisa, how has day 1 gone for you? I hope it went well. Naz, you managing to control that sweet tooth, lol. Loselose, i think you could defo lose half a stone in 2 weeks, thats what i'm aiming for.

I hope you're coping with ramadan ok and getting through it in your own way. Let me know how you're all getting on :) xx

thanks maybe baby

thank you for asking about day 1 -- which alhamdulilah went great! I only have 181 days to go til goal!!!!

inshallah...only through the will of our creator is anything possible...

My big reason for wanting to lose weight is cuz i cant pray properly and I always feel like I am missing out on the full reward of salat cuz i sit down in a seat (like an old lady and i am only 30!)

thanks for sharing your iftar meal with us -- u r doing great...as long as we all get there in the end...keep up the great work

thank you for asking about day 1 -- which alhamdulilah went great! I only have 181 days to go til goal!!!!

inshallah...only through the will of our creator is anything possible...

My big reason for wanting to lose weight is cuz i cant pray properly and I always feel like I am missing out on the full reward of salat cuz i sit down in a seat (like an old lady and i am only 30!)

thanks for sharing your iftar meal with us -- u r doing great...as long as we all get there in the end...keep up the great work

Aww, i'm happy that your first day went well. I'm sure the time will fly by and you will be at goal in no time. How did you go about with drinking the water?? I am starting SS tmrw and i'm afraid i wont get my 2.5-3litres in and also not looking forward to the headaches :(. I'm hoping the shorter winter days will make things easier.

I'm sorry you cant read your salat properly, but you are doing something about it and i'm sure you will be rewarded for it. I will do duaa for you.

I hope you continue to do well tmrw. Let us know how you get on :)

By the way your baby is beautiful mashallah xx

Hi Maybe....

I have well and truly lost the plot.... lol.... did manage to kerb the sweet tooth.... and hopefully other half goes back to work today, so that gets rid of further temptation.... lol... he'll like say oh you can have a little bit of this.... which is very fine... if you have a little bit.... but i'm one of those peep's that give them an inch they take a mile :)

I think i have put on a couple of pounds.... but in comparison to what i'm eating it is nothing... lol x

I have TOTM looming ahead...... so at least hopefully i can SS/ss+ during that x

Mashallah you seem to be doing great, I'm really proud of you!!!

Love Nas x

Anisah i think i read that you'd had alittle blip? Did you decide to get back onto SS or take a break untill after Eid?

Salaam,

I have not quit, but I'm doing sort of a modified SS+. I am having a small bit of food with the family making sure not to go over 400 cals on the food. Still losing, but at a slower rate. It's better than gaining though so not complaining.

thanks maybe baby for your support and encouragement!

hi all hope u r doing well

well ive tried to get back on track but its not happening im having problems withs totm its coming every other day which is really getting me down because i carnt fast or do anything. so i just turn to food.

today i had sehri with hubby chappati and salan then in the am had a shake drank 3litres of water so far. and just had chiken.
im really trying just taking it day by day.

sorry to be a bore

Hi everyone. How's everyone doing? We have less than 2 weeks of Ramadan left. Everyone ready to get back to SS? I have still lost this month but sloooowly. Should make a group during Ramadan called the Ramadan Bellies, lol.

hi all hope u r doing well

well ive tried to get back on track but its not happening im having problems withs totm its coming every other day which is really getting me down because i carnt fast or do anything. so i just turn to food.

today i had sehri with hubby chappati and salan then in the am had a shake drank 3litres of water so far. and just had chiken.
im really trying just taking it day by day.

sorry to be a bore

Are things any better for you now? Maybe you can get some reading in to get your mind of food, or get online and download some lectures. You can listen to them while you do other things in the house.

Back