Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Good Morning, here's to yet another start. Got up, dusted myself off and am starting all over again. I'm so hideously tired today, my body clock is all out with being awake through most nights last week with my cold and chest problems and now I'm back in the routine, I'm all watery eyed and lethargic. It's gonna be a long day today in work, so so much to do and I feel so not up to the task. One piece of work at a time, right.

I wonder if anyone's got any advice for me, I have a mouse/mice problem in my utility room. They definitely have not come in the house yet. But wreaked havoc with water bottles (?) chewing through them all and leaving a general trail of destruction. I have got one of those humane mouse traps where you put a bait in the back of it and when the mouse wanders in to get it, the little trap door goes down. Now I'm all for humane. Not only for the mouse's sake but for mine too because I could not cope with dead mice in traps etc.
Now for two nights in a row, the mouse/mice managed to turn the trap on its side, one time that bait was gone too. When the trap is on its side, the door can't be triggered any more so unless it's a very lucky mouse, they got it down to a proper party trick. Any advice on this? Has any of you dealt with this sort of thing before?

Glad you're feeling better Bee. Sorry to hear about your friend's dad :-(

Got no advice for the mouse problem :-/ I hope you get that sorted soon xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks twinkle, a new start today. My plan is to go 9 days TS and possibly 2 days WS until 1 March weigh in. If I can, I'd like to go TS all the way through but I want to make the allowance for myself in case I need it. My kitchen calendar that shows my track record since beginning of January also faithfully shows my days off plan. So although I'm not punishing myself for it, I'm not hiding from it either, it's there, it happened, now carry on.
It's up to me now to make the ratio better between TS/WS and off days.

Sounds like a great plan Bee :)

Love the thought if the mice tipping the trap over n then having a feast. Did they watch you put it out, fill it with food, then when ur back was turned, they sent in a mouse commando unit to turn it on its side and get the goodies? Kinda like James Bond in mice terms?!

Seriously, i know they are not nice. Maybe you could wedge the trap between something on either side so it doesn't tip over. Something heavy either side so it can't be moved?

Did you put some Exante in the trap?! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Hope today goes quickly for you Bee, horrid when you feel so I'll.

I can't advise anything other than what TH has for the mice, wedging the trap with something on either side. It's bad when mice are better fed than us, they're not gonna go in there for an Exante pack :)

Sounds like a great plan Bee :)

Love the thought if the mice tipping the trap over n then having a feast. Did they watch you put it out, fill it with food, then when ur back was turned, they sent in a mouse commando unit to turn it on its side and get the goodies? Kinda like James Bond in mice terms?!

Seriously, i know they are not nice. Maybe you could wedge the trap between something on either side so it doesn't tip over. Something heavy either side so it can't be moved?

Did you put some Exante in the trap?! X

Haha, maybe I should put Exante out for them, they'd soon move out, shaking their little fists at me. Good idea actually to wedge the trap in a bit. I hope it is indeed mice and not a rat *shiver* Will see what the situation is when I get home later.

Yea I imagined the mice doing a stunt like Catherine Zeta Jones in entrapment, dodging all the triggers with acrobatic moves. Well, mind you, if it meant a twix at the end of it, I'd go to great lengths myself to reach it.

Morning Bee! I do love your posts, your diary is an excellent read.

Sorry to hear about the mice problem eeek! Have a great day :) xx

Hi bee.
I found nothing missing in my bait trays, so I may not have any mice ? Plus there is no further droppings. Im leaving out tge bait another 2 days to see if anything goes :)
I couldnt have the humane traps as my mind would think they keep returning.

I believe peanut butter is good for the traps as its too sticky to steal and they have to eat there, thus get trapped ;)
And yes, wedge it so it cannot be knocked over. Make sure its near a hole next to the wall. Mice cannot see too well and follow walls ;)
Horrible to think it may be rats *shudder*. What size are the droppings ?
You will be able to tell from that what it is ;)
Clear the area everyday so you can see how many droppings are there. When there are no more droppings, but if you are still unsure if mice are still about you could put a light sprinkling of talc down to see if any scuffle mice marks are there.

Sorry.... I have waffled on a bit. I hope you get rid if them Bee :)

Thanks Marge, very helpful tips. I think it's mice really judging by the tiny droppings. and they are very much active, more shredded things every time I check. At least I can't hear them, they are in the utility which is more like an outbuilding so it's behind a thick wall.

Peanut butter is a good idea. Will try that if the biscuits fail.

Thanks Marge, very helpful tips. I think it's mice really judging by the tiny droppings. and they are very much active, more shredded things every time I check. At least I can't hear them, they are in the utility which is more like an outbuilding so it's behind a thick wall.

Peanut butter is a good idea. Will try that if the biscuits fail.
If they are making that much of a mess, you may have to get a few humane traps, so that you can keep a check on it :)
I have also read that if you free them, you have to do so, away from the house. I am sure I read 200m somewhere :), otherwise they just come back. Check a website with lots of info :)

yea I thought I might have to get a few traps. I read it would be good to go as far as a mile away from your house before releasing them. Apparently mice die quite easily from fright so got to be gentle when handling the traps and releasing them.

Oh and I made a bad Exante choice...when I bought my pick and mix pack, I bought a few bean chillis. And I HATE them. Remind me so much of the spag bol which is total puke material for me. Ah well.

Blergh. Just forced the last spoonful down *sigh*

Thanks for info on the Ribera plus I will get some at the weekend - best of luck with those mice last year our traps kept going missing - hubby was insisting I was moving them I was laughing saying I wouldn't touch them then he found them the little mice were dragging them under the step where they had been - he had them in a cellar - well I laughed like I have nothing else to do in life but go around moving mouse traps honestly :)

I think thats why you have to wedge the traps in between a gap if you can :), stops the little suckers stealing their fate ;)

Oh, I keep meaming to get the ribena. I will try ro remember next time I'm shopping ;)

Morning Bee. Quick visit before I leave for my train. Just been reading about your mice. I know I shouldn't but I did have a little chuckle. Did you stay 100% yesterday? Here's to us both doing it today!

100% yesterday Bee? Today? Just checking! I've appointed myself as the 100% TS officer :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4 -5 BMI 31.6 no WI till 12 March

Haha, good job TH, I think that's an excellent idea. Yes I was 100% yesterday. I did have some fresh green beans with my dinner that were still in my fridge, didn't like to waste them and they are greens. So maybe you wanna call it WS yesterday but I'm aiming for TS today.

Here's to 100% today everyone!

As far as the mouse saga goes, the trap was flat against the wall, wasn't moved, but bait gone and door still wide open, they are just too clever, those mice. So I am trying again, this time I stuck the biscuit on with some honey because I haven't got any peanut butter in the house at the moment, maybe this will work now.

I also ordered another trap which is a bigger box that has a couple of tunnels and it can catch several mice at the time. So I'm hoping that will bring results.

Back