Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Bee you are doing so well and a 7lb loss so far is brilliant. Stick with it until Saturday

Glad to hear you had a great day, Always good to be able to see the progress you are making in a visual way like you are doing on the calender. Did you injure your back before it started playing you up Bee?

No I didn't injure my back. About eight years ago, I stood in my office with my back turned to the desk and turned around to put some papers on the desk and my back went. It was like electric currents shooting down my legs and it was horrendous. Since then, it's never been right, got sciatica down one leg and I get these phases when my back goes for no reason and I'm walking like an old woman on egg shells.

Back pain is no fun. Mine goes every now and tgrn for no reason. Its much worse the more weight I am carrying, and the less exercise I do :(

Strangely I have been in agony with my back these last 3 days, always my lower back now and again. Have another great day Bee x

I like Twinkle's idea re: the tick!

Back pain is no fun. Mine goes every now and tgrn for no reason. Its much worse the more weight I am carrying, and the less exercise I do :(

Yea absolutely. That's why I'm especially motivated now to not let things slide again but see it through this time with Exante. I reckon by the time I have the MRI I could be a couple of stone lighter and will make the doctors less inclined to simply blame it on the weight. Because although I'm sure it aggravates it, it certainly isn't the cause.

Strangely I have been in agony with my back these last 3 days, always my lower back now and again. Have another great day Bee x

Hey Minnie, that's not good :( Have you done anything differently? Or are you coming on? I sometimes find when I'm due soon my back's in agony.

Quick update on my way to 100% success today :D

One shake so far at 1pm, by that time I had already drunk 3 litres of water and herbal tea, now I'm on a mug of hot water. Earlier, after one of my frequent visits to the bathroom, my belt just naturally slipped into the hole it was in before I started gaining again. Although I'm still a good 7-8 lb away from there, I'm sure all the water that's coming off is making a huge difference already. Feeling good :)

No I didn't injure my back. About eight years ago, I stood in my office with my back turned to the desk and turned around to put some papers on the desk and my back went. It was like electric currents shooting down my legs and it was horrendous. Since then, it's never been right, got sciatica down one leg and I get these phases when my back goes for no reason and I'm walking like an old woman on egg shells.

Sounds like a herniated disc. I have 3 in my lower back . Can go for weeks without a problem & then the slightest wrong movement they pop out. The last time it happened was when I reached forward to clean the windowsill above the kitchen sink. At least the MRI will show what's going on. Do you try to do some core exercises, they will definitely help if its the lower back that is causing the problem, gentle ones though.

Sounds like a herniated disc. I have 3 in my lower back . Can go for weeks without a problem & then the slightest wrong movement they pop out. The last time it happened was when I reached forward to clean the windowsill above the kitchen sink. At least the MRI will show what's going on. Do you try to do some core exercises, they will definitely help if its the lower back that is causing the problem, gentle ones though.

Yes, I'm convinced that's what it is. I can be fine for a long time and then it's something really silly like the other day sitting at my desk just reaching for the pen and it hits. I have always done pilates as my main exercise, not lying down though, because lying on my back on a hard-ish surface hurts that area too. But the standing pilates I do are very gentle and slow but definitely core strengthening.

Sorry to hear you're suffering from that too, esp with 3 herniated discs! Do you do some form of exercise?

Yes, I'm convinced that's what it is. I can be fine for a long time and then it's something really silly like the other day sitting at my desk just reaching for the pen and it hits. I have always done pilates as my main exercise, not lying down though, because lying on my back on a hard-ish surface hurts that area too. But the standing pilates I do are very gentle and slow but definitely core strengthening.

Sorry to hear you're suffering from that too, esp with 3 herniated discs! Do you do some form of exercise?

Yes I do some core exercises that the physio gave me & go on the bike. Have to be careful with floor exercises though. I like to do a bit kettle-bell but again avoid the ones the put a strain on the back. I also have to sit on a special cushion the prevents the lower part of my back from dropping or else the spasm start. Not nice to hear me when they make an appearance lol

Yes I do some core exercises that the physio gave me & go on the bike. Have to be careful with floor exercises though. I like to do a bit kettle-bell but again avoid the ones the put a strain on the back. I also have to sit on a special cushion the prevents the lower part of my back from dropping or else the spasm start. Not nice to hear me when they make an appearance lol

Aw Susie that sounds very painful. Yes I quite like the kettle bells, it's hard not to involve the back too much with them but once I'm getting over this particularly bad phase I'll add them to my pilates again. I'd do 20min pilates and then 15 kettle bells. And that's usually enough for me.

Good afternoon Bee, hope you get your MRI scan soon. Have a fab one and well done on the 7lbs lost already, brilliant xx

Hi Bee I have found you on here - you really are doing fab well done - hope the MRI shows what is up with your back so something can be done about it - so well done on all your water - I really struggle with the water intake and try and have peppermint teas instead - you are doing great - that Saturday WI will be here in no time x

That is so exciting about your belt Bee - weee!

Fab news about the belt Bee :D

Well done in another brilliant day Bee. I'm not sure what causes my back pain, if I'm on my feet more than 2 hours it starts too, always the bottom of my back. Elder family members have crippling arthritis so I have always put it down to bad bones lol.

Weigh in is almost here! x

Pleased to see you're doing so well Bee, well done with the belt, gives you quite a boost.
Hope you have another fab day hun xx

Good Morning, pleased to report that yesterday was another 100% day. Thursdays are always a struggle for me coz the day is very long and by the time I get home I'm starving. But it's just one of those days, got to get through that. And I did :)
I'll be quiet here today, out and about all day but hope you're all having a good day.
Weigh in tomorrow....can't wait :D

Roll on the weigh-in!!! :)

Back