Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Aww Bee. Just keep thinking of the fast weight loss.
It is easy to get drawn into eating. But you are so right in not giving in to it. Keep going :)
Maybe a nice walk will clear your head and give you some comfort with happy thoughts x

Hi Bee. You'll be fine. It is difficult following the diet and can cause a roller coaster of emotions the then bring on sad feelings which they make us want to comfort eat. It's a really difficult cycle to break out of. I also think that this time of year can make us feel more down. You and I both started in late spring last year which is altogether a more optimistic time of year. Did your Dad pass away at his time of year? Mine died on Christmas eve when I was 21 and even though it was many years ago I still find myself getting depressed and weepy at this time of year. We were very close and I still miss him very much.
BUT, you have got to day 9! I don't think I ever did 9 days in a row - even when I was doing well! You've got the strength and the willpower to succeed and I know you'll do it. Because of my days off last week I'm back to day 2. I'm aiming for 10 days in a row and then after that I'm going to keep adding another 5 onto my total - sort of doing it in chunks. I like to set challenges and I'm going to try and set myself an unbeatable total this time.
You'll do it Bee. Don't forget, you want to lose lots of weight before your visit home. Stay strong!

Hope you feel better Bee and well done being so strong. You are doing great, have a good day x

Stay strong, you can do it :)

......don't cave in, or you'll feel worse - and believe me I know all about that!! :eek:

We tall people need to stick together you know :D

Stay strong, you can do it :)

......don't cave in, or you'll feel worse - and believe me I know all about that!! :eek:

We tall people need to stick together you know :D

Well said Darcy. Absolutely right!

You're doing great Bee. I understand exactly what you mean about restarts and it being easier to give in temptation. I think it's partly because of the knowledge of how quickly the diet can work when you stick to it.

BUT don't cave in now - it's not worth it to suffer those first 2-4 days of hell!

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit blue today Bee. TOTM combined with being on tfr and this time of year really can play havoc with moods. However, you know it's quite likely that you will feel better tomorrow, so as others have already suggested, maybe try to keep busy today and just get through it? Go for a walk to blow off the cobwebs and/or have a wee pamper day with a relaxing bath, etc then an early night. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you feel better soon (((hugs))).

I'm with Lynne on breaking down upcoming TS into chunks. I'm hoping this will help me avoid temptation of nibbling on little bits of chicken, cheese, etc which I've always done before. I used to tell myself that it was to help me get over the first few days and that I'd stop it once into ketosis, but unfortunately it is a bit of a bad habit. I know that I will have better losses if I just stick with TS 100% having seen so many others on here do so well. I'm now thinking that I just want to get exante over with asap so that I can get on with clean eating/5:2/exercise maintenance - I don't want to prolong the agony by nibbling on ham and chicken most days :p

Stay strong Bee - diversion is the answer and doing it in whatever chunks you need to - be that 2 hours, 1 hour or 15 minutes - whatever you need.

i'm the same re little nibbles of cheese, ham etc and MUST stop as already done it twice since I started and I know that's the sloppy slope - we can't keep restarting - that's really buggering up our heads and moods so stay strong ((hugs x))

Hi Bee. You'll be fine. It is difficult following the diet and can cause a roller coaster of emotions the then bring on sad feelings which they make us want to comfort eat. It's a really difficult cycle to break out of. I also think that this time of year can make us feel more down. You and I both started in late spring last year which is altogether a more optimistic time of year. Did your Dad pass away at his time of year? Mine died on Christmas eve when I was 21 and even though it was many years ago I still find myself getting depressed and weepy at this time of year. We were very close and I still miss him very much.
BUT, you have got to day 9! I don't think I ever did 9 days in a row - even when I was doing well! You've got the strength and the willpower to succeed and I know you'll do it. Because of my days off last week I'm back to day 2. I'm aiming for 10 days in a row and then after that I'm going to keep adding another 5 onto my total - sort of doing it in chunks. I like to set challenges and I'm going to try and set myself an unbeatable total this time.
You'll do it Bee. Don't forget, you want to lose lots of weight before your visit home. Stay strong!

Thank you Lynne. No it's wasn't this time of the year that dad died but it was early February that he was diagnosed being terminal. And none of us, including him, had a clue this time 3 years ago that he was poorly. I was planning a trip home for early Feb and when I was over there, he had an appointment because he didn't feel right and that was when the bomb hit us. I stayed with my parents then and helped look after him, he died only 4 months later. It just changes you for good, something like that.

I guess it's hard to think back how oblivious we all were and how much I was looking forward to going home to see my parents after 1.5 years.
Food is definitely a blanket I use to cover those painful emotions and if it's taken away on a diet like this, you are actually having to confront them. It seems I grieve more now for my Dad than I did just after he died because I was so numb and "coped" with it the only way I knew how which was eating. So now I'm free from that but it means it's all laid bare.

I've not given in to food and I won't allow it. It's very helpful posting on here, that's for sure.

You're right that when we started end of April, it was definitely a "happier" time just with longer days and better weather followed by an amazing summer. It's a bit of winter blues now as well. I'll snap out of it :) thank you all for lovely comments. xx

I'm with Lynne on breaking down upcoming TS into chunks. I'm hoping this will help me avoid temptation of nibbling on little bits of chicken, cheese, etc which I've always done before. I used to tell myself that it was to help me get over the first few days and that I'd stop it once into ketosis, but unfortunately it is a bit of a bad habit. I know that I will have better losses if I just stick with TS 100% having seen so many others on here do so well. I'm now thinking that I just want to get exante over with asap so that I can get on with clean eating/5:2/exercise maintenance - I don't want to prolong the agony by nibbling on ham and chicken most days :p

I'm totally with you on that. I did that the first time around when I did Exante, did a clean run for a good few weeks and started having low carb nibbles and what started out as bits of chicken, led to slices of cheese (still low carb so it's "ok" :rolleyes: ) and those cheese slices in the end looked much better on top of a slice of bread. There you have it.

And doing it 100% is hard work, no denying it. So i'd rather do it as quickly as possible and get onto a sensible long term eating plan after.

Feel for you re your dad - my mum died suddenly 6 years ago - no warning or anything - just went on Saturday morning to pick her up and she'd passed away - at 58!!

i still don't think it's sunk in yet and you're right re the food covering up the emotions - we build up a wall around us with comfort eating - now when we get the emotions we have to address it head on!

have a lovely day x

Hi Bee. It's a natural process you're going through. Whenever we suffer a loss it brings back all our previous losses. Our current loss is that of food that has previously been a great comforter and so without food our other losses feel more acute. You're right about never being the same, the loss never goes away and although it is no longer something that you feel every day it still comes back, especially when there are other losses in your life. I used to think I would never enjoy Christmas again but I had to for Chris and Tom when they were young and although I still have a cry on Christmas eve, I do have a relatively normal Christmas day. Different people cpe differently but they still grieve in their own way. When my Dad died he was only 52 and his older sisters (he and his twin brother who died shortly after birth were a late unexpected addition to the family) and his parents all outlived him. He died within 6 weeks of going into hospital with a lump which was then diagnosed as being cancerous. At the time my grandparents said that God must need him more than we did. I'm an atheist and don't believe in God but did understand that their belief helped them come to terms with their son's death. One of my Dad's sisters is 98 now and still lives independently - with care brought in - and whenever she rings me she always talks fondly about my dad. I think my way of coping, like my elderly aunt, is to remember the good times we had (we also had some pretty grim times) but despite this the sadness still returns sometimes but over time this does become less frequent.
Sorry if I'm waffling Bee. Hope this helps.

So sorry to read about all the family members that everyone has lost. Difficult when ort thoughts turn to them but at the same time we don't want to forget them. Bee I hope this afternoon will be easier for you. Stay strong, the emotions will lift soon x

Thank you Lynne, very comforting words. When you lose someone close, they don't stop being part of your life so I think about my Dad often and am now able to enjoy the things he enjoyed, for a long time they were just too painful, like favourite pieces of music etc.
What is lost is their actual everyday presence and influence on our lives and it can feel a bit lonely without them sometimes. I have many friends to turn to and family too, but there's never going to be someone as special as my Dad was. I can understand that your family's faith helped them, I too am very religious and although my views differ a lot from most people, it has helped me a lot. So we all have coping mechanisms but allowing the pain to happen and really feel it is also necessary at times or we will just find addictive outlets.

Anyways, I'm feeling a better this evening, went to visit friends who have a gorgeous new puppy that needs a lot of cuddling :D

Just had my last pack, I'm wrapped up all ready for bed just watching something nice and comforting. Thank you all for kind comments :) xxx

There you are, that's both of us got through today! Well done us! I'm pleased you're feeling better. I bet you loved the puppy! Maybe you should get one after all!

On the subject of all the excess gas you produce on this diet...honestly I should have to get a tax disc for myself, I'm sure the co2 emissions are high.
On Thursday in work, I stood in my office, with the connecting door open to my boss' office, both of us quietly working along, normally the radio is on somewhere, but this time it wasn't. And I had to sneeze, one of those unprepared all of a sudden no build up explosive sneezes. And it came on so sudden, I proper farted. And I don't mean a little gust of air, I mean full on blow torch kind of fart. Oh my word. So embarrassing! Of course neither of us said anything and I just carried on working but I will try from now on to keep that door shut whilst on Exante :D:D

On the subject of all the excess gas you produce on this diet...honestly I should have to get a tax disc for myself, I'm sure the co2 emissions are high.
On Thursday in work, I stood in my office, with the connecting door open to my boss' office, both of us quietly working along, normally the radio is on somewhere, but this time it wasn't. And I had to sneeze, one of those unprepared all of a sudden no build up explosive sneezes. And it came on so sudden, I proper farted. And I don't mean a little gust of air, I mean full on blow torch kind of fart. Oh my word. So embarrassing! Of course neither of us said anything and I just carried on working but I will try from now on to keep that door shut whilst on Exante :D:D

I am rolling reading this Bee! My OH has left the room as it is very "windy" in here tonight :p Glad to see your spirits seem to have lifted a little. Here's to another great exante day tomorrow :) xx

Oh Bee! That just made me cry with laughing! It is so funny. I'm still laughing now! You've made my day.

Good Morning, another day of 100% ahead. I find the early starts on work days hard because I do get very hungry, ketosis or no ketosis and when it's dark and you're tired it's difficult to steer away from the thoughts of strong coffee and toast. But I have lent my toaster out to friends so that takes a big temptation away.
And I do keep the faces of people in mind all the time that I'm going to see when I go home in April. So many I haven't seen in ages and I'm so looking forward to it. That is really keeping me going at the moment. 13th today which means it's nearing half way through the month. It's strange how time goes so fast and then again so slowly, I just want to see results! :D

I reckon though by the end of this month it will be quite noticeable again on clothes and in my face. Bring on the end of the month!!

Back