Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Bee you are doing brilliantly! Very well done, keep it up and have a great day x

Thanks Minnie. I have had such a headachey morning, all bleary eyed and slightly light headed that I decided when I had to pop into boots to actually get an atkins bar which I have just had with a coffee. And I feel so much better for it. I'm always like that during my totm so I thought I don't want to push it too much and end up ill and off work or something. I look at it as a bit of a remedy rather than food, coz let's face it, they're not that amazing anyway, they taste fine but you know it's not real food. Which is why I decided against a low carb food because it's real food and I don't want to go there, not for a long time.

Right, getting on with things, will have my first shake in about an hour or so, nearing 3 litres of water/herbal tea/black coffee already. I do feel a bit on the bloated side today which i'm sure is due to hormones. Can't wait to get it over and done with.

3.20pm and I've had one shake and now nursing another cup of coffee. I'm doing alright now, feeling quite good, definitely perked up so that's good. I just mused a bit about social occasions and how many of us dread then when you've just got into the swing of things with exante. And so often these occasions end up escalating into days of crazed eating.
And therein it seems lies the actual problem. I often ponder on how naturally slim people stay slim even if they eat their cakes and go out for meals and go to parties. It's because these are all on-off occasions and other than that, they have a balanced way of eating. So the occasional round of drinks or pizza or indulgent cake and coffee afternoon doesn't do any harm. But in someone like myself, these occasions become larger than life. First I absolutely fear them. And the nearer they come on the diary, the more likely I am to use them as an excuse to binge, long before the occasion even starts. So we might blame the wedding we attended or the work do on having gained weight and having to start all over again. When in reality it's what we make of the occasion.
Many years ago I attended weight watchers and it did work quite well for me at the time. The lady who took the group said something that really stuck with me. She commented on the fact that most people join in January, obviously after the festive period. She said people should worry less about what they eat between Christmas and New Year, and worry more about what they eat between New Year and Christmas.

There's quite a profound truth in that I think. There's a big difference between a one-off and a habit. If the overall habit is right, the one-off doesn't matter so much. But the question is, what's my habit? At the moment, it is fair to say, only 10 days into exante, my natural habit is to overeat. And so at the moment, Exante has not become a habit yet and certainly not a way of life. It's still new, still out of the ordinary, still a one-off. Which one is easier to break? The one-off, of course. So I need to make conscious choices until it's a habit. And then, the occasional meal out or drink won't do any damage. But it's a long road until then.

Right, my philosophical five minutes are over :D:D

LOVING the philosophical Bee. Inspirational. And spot on.

Brilliant post Bee. How's the rest of your day been?

You can get philosophical anytime Bee :D very wise words from you today :)

Your post made me think about a quote I saw in someone's signature recently - "motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going" - you are so right xx

Bee I love your post and your determination

Fab post Bee x

Good morning all. My day finished fine yesterday, i felt so wobbly and headachey again in the evening that I had another bar. Not what I wanted but I ticked the day on my calendar and put WS next to it. I've now updated my calendar so that every tick is defined as either TS or WS. Whatever keeps me busy right :rolleyes:

Feeling much better for it today though, it's nearly 12 o'clock and I've not had anything yet and despite being up since 5am I'm not overly hungry. Just drinking another cup of hot water which will probably make it 3 litres so far. I did what I shouldn't have done this morning. I weighed myself. And I'm exactly the same as I was on Saturday weigh in. I know it doesn't mean anything and I could have kicked myself for even checking. So now I'm going to stay off the scales until Saturday. It's probably a lot of water retention from totm.

An extra bar was a great choice Bee. I tell myself IF I need to I will have 4 packs. Much better than nibbling or worse!

Pah to scales! We all know the whys and how's, but when it's us, the numbers do bother us. Forget it. You know come weigh in you will have dropped lots of lovely lbs :D x

I agree with Minnie that a bar was definitely a good choice. Stay away from the scales!!! Lol. You know it will all go my lovely, so try not to dwell on it xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Whether its TS or WS its still a successful day. If it keeps you on track go with it. Scales are the sore thumb of this diet aren't they. Glad you are feeling better today x

Last edited:
It's surprising how much better I feel, it's like I needed that pick-me-up yesterday and it's done the trick. now it's nearly 4.30pm and I've only had one shake and actually don't feel the need to have my second one yet. So I'm saving it to have hot as a pudding after I had my dinner :) I'm a sucker for after dinner nibbles so it's going to help me a lot tonight.
It really is a question of playing it by ear every day and listen to your needs on that day without actually giving in to cravings and breaking the diet. A fine balance.

Woop! Well done Bee.

And mmmm hot shake. May join you with that idea (have also only had one shake so far today).

Glad you feel better today and good idea on using your packs as you most need them. Whatever it takes on this diet eh :)

I quite like the shakes hot. I somehow find them very comforting :)

Well done on what sounds like another great day Bee :D

I like both the vanilla and choc shakes hot, sometimes with coffee to make a "latte" or a "mocha". I haven't tried banana or strawberry hot though...

Back