Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Very well done Bee! You're doing smashing. I hope you're feeling a little better now now poor you. Weigh in for you soon and the start of another week to mark on that calendar!

Well done :) x

Bee you are doing so well..fingers crossed you don't get the lurgy

Hi you ok?

Hi Bee. How are you? Don't tell me you've got the bug! I hope you're OK. You're doing brilliant with your weight loss by the way!

How has today been?

Hows the weekend going for you? x

Good Morning all, had a very long day yesterday and ended up not coming on here at all. I don't feel too bad but not 100%, it's a bit as if the bug's just hanging around and I'm a bit clogged up and with a scratchy throat. So I've been taking extra vit c and echinacea (sp?) and hoping it'll pass. I have found the last couple of days quite hard in terms of sticking to TS so I have had my cups of coffee with milk as a little comfort. And managed to stay foodless.
So weigh in this morning, lost 2.5lbs. It's good. I'm happy that I've lost but was hoping for a bit more to be honest. Mainly because I have found this week quite hard. But there we are. Hopefully next week I'll have reached the 1 stone loss since the start. Maybe my totm slowed me down a bit with water retention or whatever else goes on in the body.
Hope you'll all have a good day :)

Morning Bee, 2lb is still a good loss so well done on sticking with it. You may find it goes up a little more when you weigh in next week as often happens. Hope you start to feel better soon. I gargle lots & lots with anti septic stuff at the first sign of a sore throat. ( My bathroom is like a pharmacy lol) Usually does the trick though. Supplements should help banish those bugs. Have a good day & drink lots of fluids x

Last edited:
Hi Bee. When I had a sore throat the GP recommending dissolving 2 soluble aspirins in a small amount of warm water to a thick consistency and gargling with them. Well done on the weight loss. Keep it up and you'll soon pass that stone point. You're doing magnificently!

How are you doing Bee?xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good tip on the aspirin gargle Lynne, will try that. Just felt so out of it this morning that it turned out a WS day today. Instead of a pack for lunch I had some ham. I made sure I stuck with all things lean coz I can't go near things like cheese or I'll be down that hill faster than you can say cheddar. I'm determined to go straight back to TS tomorrow. But felt like I needed it today.
I have to keep my goal vividly in mind which is seeing my family and friends in April and being a lot lighter then. Time flies and I'm already two weeks into Exante now so I'm really hoping for a big difference by that time.
At the end of this month, I will take a picture of my calendar definitely. It's going to be all TS with a few days WS. No slip ups, I've told myself sternly.

Good tip on the aspirin gargle Lynne, will try that. Just felt so out of it this morning that it turned out a WS day today. Instead of a pack for lunch I had some ham. I made sure I stuck with all things lean coz I can't go near things like cheese or I'll be down that hill faster than you can say cheddar. I'm determined to go straight back to TS tomorrow. But felt like I needed it today.
I have to keep my goal vividly in mind which is seeing my family and friends in April and being a lot lighter then. Time flies and I'm already two weeks into Exante now so I'm really hoping for a big difference by that time.
At the end of this month, I will take a picture of my calendar definitely. It's going to be all TS with a few days WS. No slip ups, I've told myself sternly.

Hi Bee. Another stern talk to yourself! I do like to read these. 'I can't go near things like cheese or I'll be down that hill faster than you can say cheddar' made me laugh. A bit of ham won't hurt! Whenever I have extra protein I still have 3 packs. My thing at the moment is to try to have as many days total TS ( not even with ham or chicken) days as possible. My current record is 5! You'll manage to get back on tS tomorrow - you're doing brilliantly this time! Your family won't recognise you!

I hope you feel better soon Bee :)
I'm going to ban myself from nuts, cheese and wine ;)

Glad to hear you're hanging in there Bee - don't worry about the ham - your body is fighting the lurgy so if you needed a little extra protein that was a good choice. Cheese is dangerous, so well done on avoiding it!

Hope you feel better soon xx

How you feeling today Bee. Hope the sore throat has gone x

Hope you're feeling better today Bee.

How are you feeling now Bee?xx

Hello Bee :)
How are you ?

Hey all, it feels like I am sneaking in through the backdoor with my head down to confess. After a very difficult and emotional day on Saturday with some stuff that happened I ended up falling flat on my diet face. Had to sort a lot of stuff out and drove what seemed a million miles and ended up having pasta and garlic bread. I just went on autopilot and there was no thinking or reasoning involved, just pure need. Feel suitably headachy for it today and as you can imagine terribly guilty too. Then again, it seemed like a normal response to what went on. So I'm not looking at today as day 1 again. Because I was staring at my calendar in the kitchen this morning and thought if this was one day out of hopefully the whole month, it's really not a bad ratio.
Now at midday I've had two litres of water and two coffees so far and will have my first shake soon. I'm still feeling under the weather, I can't seem to shift that slightly achey, sore throaty miserable feeling. Maybe it's the weather. Plus when I am run down, it always goes to my throat/chest even if I don't have a bug. It's a residual reaction from scarring to the lung when I had pleurisy before. That might be it.

And as a little punishment of self, I am having the toffee caramel shake today. Exante really dropped the ball with this one I think. I like all the shakes, some more than others. But this one tastes off. Like something old that should have never been kept in a pine cupboard and now tastes of wood. Blergh.

Awwww Bee, sorry to see you had a bad day on Saturday :-( it's good to see that you're looking at the positives and recognising that you've still come a long way and one off day doesn't compare to the rest. Well done for getting back on it hun and please stop punishing yourself. It's natural for everyone to have a blip at some point or another.

I hope today is gentle with you and that you feel better soon x

Back